Mavic pro firmware
2901 19 2019-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_rmoT8PO8fyGI
lvl.1

India

Hi

Mavic pro firmware v 01.04.0500 fail to update.
Please help to solve this.

2019-2-1
Use props
Bob1102
lvl.2
United States

If your within 5 miles of any type of airfield to include crop duster fields don't update because like me you'll not be able to even start your Mavic Pro like me. I'm still waiting on response back from DJI on this, mine is sitting on the book shelf as a dust collector.
2019-2-1
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob1102 Posted at 2-1 08:20
If your within 5 miles of any type of airfield to include crop duster fields don't update because like me you'll not be able to even start your Mavic Pro like me. I'm still waiting on response back from DJI on this, mine is sitting on the book shelf as a dust collector.

Bob, I don't find that to be the case at all.  Unless you live near a large airport, it is very easy to fly nearly anywhere you want.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/introduction
2019-2-1
Use props
Bob1102
lvl.2
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2-1 09:01
Bob, I don't find that to be the case at all.  Unless you live near a large airport, it is very easy to fly nearly anywhere you want.

If you live where I'm at you wouldn't be saying that, look at southeast Alabama area.
2019-2-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. About your concern. May I Ask are you using the DJI Go 4 app or the DJI Assistant 2? If ever you are using the DJI Go 4 you can give a try to use the DJI Assistant 2 in your PC or you may give a try vice versa. You may check this video tutorial on how to use the DJI Assistant 2. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-1
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bob1102 Posted at 2-1 10:00
If you live where I'm at you wouldn't be saying that, look at southeast Alabama area.

I don't know your area, so I can only go off what I see looking at some maps.  With Rucker AFB in that region, it does seem like you've got a crazy amount of army heliports in that region with authorization zones around them.  Do you happen to live near the "Blessings Landing Air Ranch"?  That one does seem to be a bit of an odd one for DJI to have a restricted NFZ area.  Outside of that, pretty much the rest of the authorization zones (Army Helipads) and restricted areas (Rucker AFB, Cairns airport, Dothan airport) seem pretty legitimate.  With those, the DJI GEO 2.0 "bowtie" authorization zones are relatively small and should be very easy to obtain instant authorization in order to fly near those areas.  In my limited experience, DJI's authorization zones have been very easy to obtain authorization.

My biggest concern would be actually flying safely in that region.  If all those areas are Army Helipad's, I'm guessing their helicopters have to be buzzing around quite frequently at questionable altitudes.  

Cheers!
David

rucker afb.png

2019-2-4
Use props
Bob1102
lvl.2
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2-4 05:52
I don't know your area, so I can only go off what I see looking at some maps.  With Rucker AFB in that region, it does seem like you've got a crazy amount of army heliports in that region with authorization zones around them.  Do you happen to live near the "Blessings Landing Air Ranch"?  That one does seem to be a bit of an odd one for DJI to have a restricted NFZ area.  Outside of that, pretty much the rest of the authorization zones (Army Helipads) and restricted areas (Rucker AFB, Cairns airport, Dothan airport) seem pretty legitimate.  With those, the DJI GEO 2.0 "bowtie" authorization zones are relatively small and should be very easy to obtain instant authorization in order to fly near those areas.  In my limited experience, DJI's authorization zones have been very easy to obtain authorization.

My biggest concern would be actually flying safely in that region.  If all those areas are Army Helipad's, I'm guessing their helicopters have to be buzzing around quite frequently at questionable altitudes.  

There everywhere then when you add the 5 mile  radius around them it's iclose to impossible to find a place. Even the dirt strips are marked. I never did fly higher then tree top level and in my 20 plus years a helicopter has never gotten that low because there not allowed to.
2019-2-4
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bob1102 Posted at 2-4 11:03
There everywhere then when you add the 5 mile  radius around them it's iclose to impossible to find a place. Even the dirt strips are marked. I never did fly higher then tree top level and in my 20 plus years a helicopter has never gotten that low because there not allowed to.

In regards to DJI's GEO fencing, the 5 mile radius thing doesn't exist any more.  What I showed above is the newer system introduced a few months back.  If you haven't done so already, maybe you should check into updating your drone so you get the newer system and don't have the 5 mile radii.  
2019-2-4
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

Even so, when I go flying, I get this image on my screen.  

I get that large Yellow Zone that provides no information for an airfield that no longer exists.  Even though I'm in that zone, I get no interference, or warning.  Yes, I get a Class G warning for DFW Airport which is 10 miles away, but I am under the umbrella.  (110/20 - 2000 Feet to 11,000 Feet)  I don't mind the warning since I am outside that area, but I do wish I could get rid of that yellow tint over my maps.  
App 4.3.12
Firmware Aircraft 1.4.0500
Controller 1.4.0500
Precise Fly Safe Database (Aircraft) 01.00.01.12
Precise Fly Safe Database (App) 01.00.01.12
Basic Fly Safe Database 01.00.01.09

And after I copied down all versions, I ran a scan.  All current and up to date.  And if you will look in the upper Right corner, that little circle is not an airfield.  It's a Fire Station.  
Edit:  According to the FAA, the airstrip still exists.  Designation is TS00 - Fuller Field.  However, nothing exist other than a PLOWED Field with a bunch of trees in the middle.  All other records show no longer exists.  
2019-2-4
Use props
Bob1102
lvl.2
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2-4 13:42
Even so, when I go flying, I get this image on my screen.  

[view_image]

I'll double check but I think I have all the latest updates installed, thank you.
2019-2-5
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2-1 09:01

Agree.  Unless in the direct small red circle on the map for the airport NFZ I have an altitude limit only within the 5-mile, and it is still 394' ... and if a more restricted altitude area the max allowed is like, 194'... I think the app works really well identifying where I can fly.
2019-2-6
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Probably the best thing you could have hoped for. Leave the quad as is and don't update. All you are sure to get with any updates are more restrictions. Ignore the updates and fly turn off auto update on your devise to be sure the GO app. won't update. I am running the firmware from 2 releases ago and a very old ( 2 or 3 release old) version of go4 with my mavic pro. I have never accepted a flysafe update. just ignore them. I fly LOS and very responsibly, we all should.
2019-2-7
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Croatia

Bob1102 Posted at 2-4 11:03

Small private planes and any helicopter (Military, medical, unknowns)  don't observe the height rules in the UK and Channel Islands. I don't know why this is, but I don't depend on them behaving legally. I would rather err on the side of caution than be smart/right and in deep do-do.
2019-2-22
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

AlansDronePics Posted at 2-22 08:48
Small private planes and any helicopter (Military, medical, unknowns)  don't observe the height rules in the UK and Channel Islands. I don't know why this is, but I don't depend on them behaving legally. I would rather err on the side of caution than be smart/right and in deep do-do.

Maybe they need a bunch of tethered "weather balloons" to remind them that they are flying below height rules?
2019-2-22
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Bob 1102 if you live in the area that KlooGee posted, that's a nightmare, sure hope you can come up with an answer.  Shame to have a drone and not be able to fly it.
2019-2-22
Use props
Bob1102
lvl.2
United States

HH1 Posted at 2-22 19:33
Bob 1102 if you live in the area that KlooGee posted, that's a nightmare, sure hope you can come up with an answer.  Shame to have a drone and not be able to fly it.

Thinking about going the NLD route even though I don't want to spend the extra money to do it.
2019-2-25
Use props
Bennettmike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 227585 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-1 11:18
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. About your concern. May I Ask are you using the DJI Go 4 app or the DJI Assistant 2? If ever you are using the DJI Go 4 you can give a try to use the DJI Assistant 2 in your PC or you may give a try vice versa. You may check this video tutorial on how to use the DJI Assistant 2. Thank you for your support.

Tried this, tried Ever firmware setting NONE would up load What's the deal here?!?! And why is the aircraft saying it's locked? What gives?!?

UPDATE: Removed SD card and had to recharge battery then updates finally ran. HOWEVER I DO NOT APPROVE LOCKING OUR DRONES!!! This is both sneaky, unfair, incoviante, and just a Jerk move DJI. NOT COOL!

2019-3-2
Use props
toad007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39652 ft
United Kingdom

Re Mavic 2 to Mavic update.

I have Platinum, but notice Youtube videos show Mavic 2 pro having Waypoints 2.0 and ability to do waypoints when not in flight.  Will the Mavic Platinum be updated to have this facility , same as Mavic 2 Pro ?

Alan
2019-3-11
Use props
BradBowers
lvl.1
United States

Maybe not to the point of this thread, but, I can't get DJI Assistant 2 to run on my laptop (latest Window/Norton) anymore - tried several times to launch but keep getting a message: "This app has been blocked for your protection.  An administrator has blocked you from running this app.  For more information contact the administrator."   Deleted Assistant 2 from laptop & re-downloaded from DJI but when I try to launch the Assistant I get the same message.  I am the administrator and haven't done anything (knowingly) to cause this.  Any help is greatly appreciated
2019-3-17
Use props
whiteghost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1479705 ft
United Kingdom

BradBowers Posted at 3-17 08:35
Maybe not to the point of this thread, but, I can't get DJI Assistant 2 to run on my laptop (latest Window/Norton) anymore - tried several times to launch but keep getting a message: "This app has been blocked for your protection.  An administrator has blocked you from running this app.  For more information contact the administrator."   Deleted Assistant 2 from laptop & re-downloaded from DJI but when I try to launch the Assistant I get the same message.  I am the administrator and haven't done anything (knowingly) to cause this.  Any help is greatly appreciated

Hi

Badbowers, thats not DJI thats either you're Virus program or windws defender?

You can check in Norton and allow the running or ignore the program?

You will have to google it as I don't have Norton anymore I have Avast!

Also check with windows defender as this is what usually pops up when it thinks
this is a rouge program trying to run ?

Found way to make Assistant install and run follow this :

Try by me and worked perfectly!!

2019-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules