Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Multi exposure Motion-lapse feature request.
1490 18 2019-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

I am enjoying OP's motion-lapse mode very much as you can see from my previous shootings.

I like to suggest a new feature update to OP's motion-lapse mode that can open up much more creative possiblity.

Currently when motion-lapse is taken, OP forgets its previous way point information. But if OP remembers its previous way point info after the motion-lapse shooting is done, I can shoot the same motion-lapse again in same location but in different time and mix the footages togather.

For example I can shoot mid day, sunset and nitght motion-lapse with same way point info in same location and mix this 3 videos to make a transition motion-lapse from day to night. Or even creating HDR motion-lapse.

Outcome would be spectacular and all need to be added is the option to save way point settings.

Please make this happen for me Dji.
2019-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Tide. Thank you for reaching out and for this information you have shared with us today. Rest assure that this information/thread will be forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket and the DJI Mimo application. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Well done, great timelapse!
2019-2-1
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Nicely done. Great editing and music too
2019-2-1
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 11:30
Hello and good day Tide. Thank you for reaching out and for this information you have shared with us today. Rest assure that this information/thread will be forwarded to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket and the DJI Mimo application. Thank you for your support.

Thanks!
2019-2-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome Tide. I have already forwarded this thread to our DJI R&D Team. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-2-4
Use props
Xlear99
lvl.2
United States

Nice Time-lapse video. Since you have concerned the Focus issue for shooting the motion time-lapse before what is the best focus setting for motion Time-lapse for the current Pocket camera? AFC then lock for the closest subject or AFS for the foreground or pick a focus point in the middle to get a kind of hyperfocal distance?
2019-2-8
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Xlear99 Posted at 2-8 11:15
Nice Time-lapse video. Since you have concerned the Focus issue for shooting the motion time-lapse before what is the best focus setting for motion Time-lapse for the current Pocket camera? AFC then lock for the closest subject or AFS for the foreground or pick a focus point in the middle to get a kind of hyperfocal distance?

In motion time-lapse, I don’t see any difference in AFC and AFS. I think it locks in AFS automatically.
2019-2-8
Use props
Xlear99
lvl.2
United States

Tide Posted at 2-8 23:47
In motion time-lapse, I don’t see any difference in AFC and AFS. I think it locks in AFS automatically.

That is too bad. if I need the focus covers the closest subject and far background the foreground subject should be at least 20 feet away?
2019-2-9
Use props
GD NOOBS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220554 ft
United States

Hi. To make Zoom in/out motion-lapse, do you use any video editing tool for cropping clips?
Because as I know, OP can't zoom in or out.

서울 역시 예쁩니다. 한국 그립네요!
2019-2-9
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

GD NOOBS Posted at 2-9 15:06
Hi. To make Zoom in/out motion-lapse, do you use any video editing tool for cropping clips?
Because as I know, OP can't zoom in or out.

I saved Motion-lapse in jpeg mode and used jpegs as sequence.
Cus jpeg images are slightly higher resolution than 4K, you can have about 8% crop and still preserve the 4K video quality. I used premiere and crop zoomed the motion-lapse in post.

미세먼지만 없으면 좋은 야경이 많습니다.
그런데 요즘은 밖에서 촬영하기에는 정말 춥네요. ^^
2019-2-10
Use props
GD NOOBS
lvl.4
United States

Tide Posted at 2-10 05:46
I saved Motion-lapse in jpeg mode and used jpegs as sequence.
Cus jpeg images are slightly higher resolution than 4K, you can have about 8% crop and still preserve the 4K video quality. I used premiere and crop zoomed the motion-lapse in post.

Do you meant that you save your motion-lapse as jpeg then edit with premiere zooming those photo files as much as 8% that can keep 4K video quality?

모션랩스를 영상이 아닌 사진의 형태로 저장하셔서 프리미어에서 화질이 저하되지 않는 선까지 (8% 정도) 크롭 줌 하신다는 뜻인가요? 닉넴 뜻대로 너무 초보라 이해하기가 어렵습니다 ^^;
2019-2-13
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

GD NOOBS Posted at 2-13 20:00
Do you meant that you save your motion-lapse as jpeg then edit with premiere zooming those photo files as much as 8% that can keep 4K video quality?

모션랩스를 영상이 아닌 사진의 형태로 저장하셔서 프리미어에서 화질이 저하되지 않는 선까지 (8% 정도) 크롭 줌 하신다는 뜻인가요? 닉넴 뜻대로 너무 초보라 이해하기가 어렵습니다 ^^;

That’s right. In Mimo app, if you go to Time-lapse > Pro mode, there is a setting for saving original picture. After shooting, in your SD card > time-lapse folder, you can find jpg sequence of your time-lapse.
It is larger than the 4K resolution and you can crop about 8% without losing quality.

네, 폰을 연결하시고 미모앱에서 타임랩스모드의 프로 옵션을 보시면 원본사진 저장 옵션이 있습니다. 그 사진이 4K 보다 커서 포스트에서 8% 정도까지 화질저하 없이 크롭줌을 할 수 있습니다.
2019-2-13
Use props
Ttrilles
lvl.4
Germany

I think it would be much more easier to use keyframes in post production. I tried this with Lumafusion and it works well.
More resolution have of course the stored images but if you shot in 4k and make a full hd movie, the use of keyframes will be a good thing.

T.
2019-2-14
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Ttrilles Posted at 2-14 02:18
I think it would be much more easier to use keyframes in post production. I tried this with Lumafusion and it works well.
More resolution have of course the stored images but if you shot in 4k and make a full hd movie, the use of keyframes will be a good thing.

You are right in video, shoot in 4K and crop in is easier solution. But OP only shoots 1080p in timelapse. So shoot in jpeg pic setting is currently a way to have extra resolution for crop in.
2019-2-14
Use props
Ttrilles
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This is what I meant.

T.
2019-2-15
Use props
GD NOOBS
lvl.4
United States

Tide Posted at 2-13 20:21
That’s right. In Mimo app, if you go to Time-lapse > Pro mode, there is a setting for saving original picture. After shooting, in your SD card > time-lapse folder, you can find jpg sequence of your time-lapse.
It is larger than the 4K resolution and you can crop about 8% without losing quality.

Thank you!!
2019-2-16
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

Good work.
But not quite correct. 4k = 4096x2160, UHD = 3840x2160, JPEGs are stored in 4000x2250.
In UHD Zoom 96% -104%
2019-2-17
Use props
Tide
Second Officer
South Korea

Udo13 Posted at 2-17 02:13
Good work.
But not quite correct. 4k = 4096x2160, UHD = 3840x2160, JPEGs are stored in 4000x2250.
In UHD Zoom 96% -104%

That is the exact resolution.
2019-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules