Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mobile Device - Spark and Inspire 2
553 5 2019-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cat-Eyes
lvl.1

United States

Hi everyone!

I just got the Inspire 2 after getting the drone bug with my Spark.  I'm lost on trying to sync my Galaxy Note 9 (that I use DJI GO 4 with on the Spark) to the Inspire 2.  I'm assuming that when you launch GO 4 that you can select which platform you are going to fly.  When I select Inspire 2, my device indicates 'disconnected' and when I select 'Enter Device' it goes straight to a camera view (from something), and with the mobile device as the controller, even when the mobile is wired to the RC.

Help PLEASE?!

Merlin
2019-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Merlin. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the mobile device that you are using on your DJI Inspire 2.  Have you tried using a different mobile device for us to check if the issue still persist? Upon checking  the mobile device that you are using ( Samsung Galaxy Note 9 ). I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Inspre 2. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Go 4 application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2019-2-1
Use props
Cat-Eyes
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 10:30
Hello and good day Merlin. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the mobile device that you are using on your DJI Inspire 2.  Have you tried using a different mobile device for us to check if the issue still persist? Upon checking  the mobile device that you are using ( Samsung Galaxy Note 9 ). I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Inspre 2. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Go 4 application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for proving a response and more importantly a list of supporting devices.  I think I'll probably end up getting a dedicated tablet to do the job.

I received some technical assistance from an experienced drone hobbyist from the place of purchased and I think we finally narrowed it down to the USB port on the RC.  Pushing it in and pulling it out etc we finally were able to get a connection.  Not reliable for paying $3,000 for the equipment however.  We were hopeful that maybe it was a firmware issue that would have been resolved with the latest update but we found that not to be the case.

I took the I2 up for my initial flight this morning and again had to finagle with the USB connection on the RC to my Galaxy Note 9.  Disappointed with the connection issue.  

There's other issues I discovered with this set up as well.  I have no control over the FPV with either device (RC or mobile).  Unless I'm missing an app selection or something,  And my mobile indicated that no SD card was inserted in the drone.  The drone came with one installed and I verified it was inserted all the way and even replaced it with a brand new one and the mobile continued to tell me no SD was installed.

Any suggestions on that?

Thanks,

Merlin  
2019-2-2
Use props
Cat-Eyes
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 10:30
Hello and good day Merlin. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the mobile device that you are using on your DJI Inspire 2.  Have you tried using a different mobile device for us to check if the issue still persist? Upon checking  the mobile device that you are using ( Samsung Galaxy Note 9 ). I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Inspre 2. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Go 4 application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Go 4 application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for proving a response and more importantly a list of supporting devices.  I think I'll probably end up getting a dedicated tablet to do the job.

I received some technical assistance from an experienced drone hobbyist from the place of purchased and I think we finally narrowed it down to the USB port on the RC.  Pushing it in and pulling it out etc we finally were able to get a connection.  Not reliable for paying $3,000 for the equipment however.  We were hopeful that maybe it was a firmware issue that would have been resolved with the latest update but we found that not to be the case.

I took the I2 up for my initial flight this morning and again had to finagle with the USB connection on the RC to my Galaxy Note 9.  Disappointed with the connection issue.  

There's other issues I discovered with this set up as well.  I have no control over the FPV with either device (RC or mobile).  Unless I'm missing an app selection or something,  And my mobile indicated that no SD card was inserted in the drone.  The drone came with one installed and I verified it was inserted all the way and even replaced it with a brand new one and the mobile continued to tell me no SD was installed.

Any suggestions on that?

Thanks,

Merlin  
2019-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Cat-Eyes Posted at 2-2 08:26

Thank you for the additional information Merlin. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your drone. We would suggest to use one of the  recommended mobile devices to check if the issue still persist and for us to be able to isolate the issue as well.
2019-2-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spark to Inspire.... that’s a heck of a jump, skip and a hop...
2019-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules