Mimo no longer talks to Pocket
597 14 2019-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UKJeff2
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Since the new Mimo and FW my pocket doesn’t show up on the drop-down source menu so I can no longer directly import into the Mimo app direct from the Pocket.  I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app.  Any suggestions appreciated.
2019-2-1
Use props
fansdd6f7bd7
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It's an absolue joke isn't it? I came on this forum to reaearch the product, but now I can see that buying one would be complete madness. They work with some devices and not other. When they dont work properly, they do it in different ways for different people. And now with updates they can spontaneously just decide not to work at all. How could I possibly buy one of these with the idea of filming an event when i dont know if it's going to work from one day to the next.
2019-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Are you talking about when you plug your phone into your OP, app should engage straight away, what connection are you using.
2019-2-1
Use props
UKJeff2
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks, yes ... when I connect the Pocket to the Ipad it fires up Mimo and allows me to control the pocket ie set parameters and film but it no longer appear when I  hit “+” and it only allows me to add images and video from my camera roll. It use to work but doesn’t now.
2019-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansdd6f7bd7 Posted at 2-1 04:35
It's an absolue joke isn't it? I came on this forum to reaearch the product, but now I can see that buying one would be complete madness. They work with some devices and not other. When they dont work properly, they do it in different ways for different people. And now with updates they can spontaneously just decide not to work at all. How could I possibly buy one of these with the idea of filming an event when i dont know if it's going to work from one day to the next.

I don’t believe it’s a joke, it probably just depends what your looking what your comparing it to, all new cameras have problems and if you judged by using camera forums you would likely not ever buy any camera.

I haven’t had any real problems, there are some things I would like improved, but also many things have already been improved greatly.
If you keep looking for the negative threads as a source of information about this camera , then your attitude will be informed by this, it’s always wise to look at what’s possible with cameras by looking at end results, like go to photos videos column and see what is possible to produce and what users are producing, they say the real proof of the pudding is in the eating.

You come to this thread and immediately make a decision because a user is having a problem connecting to the app, but you don’t see the other 99.9% of users not having a problem with the app, so your glass is always half empty instead of being half full.
Most problems with connection to apps are usually found to be users faults and get sorted out very quick, I have not seen one user having to send his OP in for repair because he can’t connect to app.

The camera is what it is and works, but it may not be for you, it’s not or neither does it pretend to be a professional camera , if you need a professional camera then you should be looking for a much more expensive camera.

I’ve had and still have 3 Osmo cameras, are there problems no more than any other camera I’ve owned.
If you see value in having a camera with good 4K 60fps and a range of other settings a camera that takes great panorama without any fuss, really good motion and time lapse , a camera which is very discreet and works well, the OP is really good value and really well priced in its category, but if this is not what your looking for then maybe it’s just not for you.
2019-2-1
Use props
fansdd6f7bd7
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I want all of those things that you mention. In general, I couldnt give a sod about gear - I think WHAT you are filming is much more important than the gear. But this world of apps and firmware is very fluid. If I buy something, I want to it to work as intended. I have a Google Pixel 1 and noone can really tell me (nor can i find any info) about anyone successfully using one with the OP.
2019-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansdd6f7bd7 Posted at 2-1 05:10
I want all of those things that you mention. In general, I couldnt give a sod about gear - I think WHAT you are filming is much more important than the gear. But this world of apps and firmware is very fluid. If I buy something, I want to it to work as intended. I have a Google Pixel 1 and noone can really tell me (nor can i find any info) about anyone successfully using one with the OP.

I can’t help you with that, might be a question you need to pose in a thread, but as far as the camera goes it’s fine.
2019-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

UKJeff2 Posted at 2-1 04:56
Thanks, yes ... when I connect the Pocket to the Ipad it fires up Mimo and allows me to control the pocket ie set parameters and film but it no longer appear when I  hit “+” and it only allows me to add images and video from my camera roll. It use to work but doesn’t now.

You might be better deleting app and reloading to see if this helps.
2019-2-1
Use props
UKJeff2
lvl.2

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-1 06:14
You might be better deleting app and reloading to see if this helps.

Thnks .. yes .. that was the first thing  I did.  I deleted the app and did a fresh complete reboot of the ipad before reloading the app fresh.
2019-2-1
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansdd6f7bd7 Posted at 2-1 04:35
It's an absolue joke isn't it? I came on this forum to reaearch the product, but now I can see that buying one would be complete madness. They work with some devices and not other. When they dont work properly, they do it in different ways for different people. And now with updates they can spontaneously just decide not to work at all. How could I possibly buy one of these with the idea of filming an event when i dont know if it's going to work from one day to the next.

You do realize that except for professional/serious users. Most people  only visit forums when they have problems. You will always find more negative message than positive as most people with no problem just don't spend a lot of time hanging around the forum. Considering that this product is already in short supply everywhere. The amount of user vs what you see in the forum is a tiny tiny percentage.

I got the OP on Dec 13th and used it for almost a month of constant travel and I shot over 250 (350GB) video with it and I'm generally really happy with the result. Yes, there were limitations that you'll have to learn to work with and there are some minor annoyance with the focus bumping. But DJI have been very proactive with software and firmware updates and things are improving with every one..

At this point, I have no problem recommending the OP to friends and thing would only get better as time goes on.
2019-2-1
Use props
fansdd6f7bd7
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ahh, but did you do any of that with a Google Pixel 1? As im now learning, if you used another phone then your experience is nothing for me to go on.

I know what youre saying about forums though :-)
2019-2-1
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansdd6f7bd7 Posted at 2-1 08:45
Ahh, but did you do any of that with a Google Pixel 1? As im now learning, if you used another phone then your experience is nothing for me to go on.

I know what youre saying about forums though :-)

The Pixel 1 maybe a problem. Plenty of video showing the OP working with Pixel 2/3 but nothing with pixel 1. maybe time to upgrade your phone?
2019-2-1
Use props
fansdd6f7bd7
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've not had it long and it works perfectly well for everything else. Should I have to spend £350 on a new phone just so I can use a £320 camera? Seems so! Hmmm.... what can I get for £670 on the used market?
2019-2-1
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-1 05:51
I can’t help you with that, might be a question you need to pose in a thread, but as far as the camera goes it’s fine.

He has....
2019-2-1
Use props
777ace
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127316 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m having the same problem, Mimo won’t automatically recognize my iPhone 6 or allow a manual linkup, but this happened after I successfully experimented with the Bluetooth accessory. Of course I deleted and reinstalled Mimo numerous times. Same problem; Bluetooth works but the lightning jack doesn’t. So I bought 2 extra lightning jacks, no help. I have an iPhone 7 which works fine., but I’m leery to try a Bluetooth connection in case that will permanently disable the lightning jack. No the weird part; I bought two Lightning to USB C cables plugged it into the Osmo and iPhone 6 and Mimo works and connects to the Osmo. I’m stumped; I don’t want to use the Bluetooth with my iPhone 7 if it disables the Mimo lightning connection. Any ideas?
2019-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules