Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I presume these are fake?
2998 24 2019-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spandit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65463 ft

United Kingdom

Looking for some genuine DJI Mavic Pro propellers and eBay came up with these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genui ... -Pt-22/153174423654

They look to be glow in the dark, which would be cool if I ever flew at night, but I've only ever seen black ones for sale elsewhere.

2019-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Technically they are not fake as the seller has been honest and listed then as unbranded and generic. They are not DJI props for sure if that is what you mean. I would never use third party props on my drones.
2019-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Genuine dji Mavic Pro props, yet one picture shows Mavic Air and below Mavic Pro , they are obviously copied, I’m sure dji has not licensed the manufacturing of these props, so although they may work, you’d wonder what cuts were made in materials to produce at this price, props are pretty important to flying your craft they are extremely cheap so maybe best not to cut corners, just to be safe.
2019-2-1
Use props
spandit
lvl.4

United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2-1 05:23
Technically they are not fake as the seller has been honest and listed then as unbranded and generic. They are not DJI props for sure if that is what you mean. I would never use third party props on my drones.

Listing title does include the word "genuine". Won't be buying them, just thought DJI should know
2019-2-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have to agree, I would not use third party prop on my birds.

Nothing worst than see your bird falling from the sky because of a cheap prop.
2019-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

spandit Posted at 2-1 05:44
Listing title does include the word "genuine". Won't be buying them, just thought DJI should know

That is very true - good point. that makes them fake.
2019-2-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day spandit. Thank you for the inquiry and for reaching DJI forum. Just a friendly reminder to please purchase genuine DJI accessories for your drone for comaptibility and relibility purposes. You can use this link to check for accessories : (http://store.dji.com/) and in case it is not available in our website, you can check if it is available in our retailer stores:  (https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy). If you have other concern, please let us know. Thanks for your support.
2019-2-1
Use props
spandit
lvl.4

United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2-1 06:13
That is very true - good point. that makes them fake.

It's a real shame the fakes don't seem to be that good. Can't imagine it's much of a tweak to get them as good as the originals for a much lower price.
2019-2-1
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

These props are not cheap, the point is that DJI props are too expensive
2019-2-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i flown unbranded cheap props and they function identically to OEM props and even feel identical.

i would just recommend avoiding ones with LEDs lighting for the most part... and glow in the dark depending on materials used may not last very long, some plastics that are used for glow in the dark things get very brittle over time with UV exposure.. if looking to cut costs i would stick with the ones that look and feel like OEM ones..
2019-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-1 08:12
Hello and good day spandit. Thank you for the inquiry and for reaching DJI forum. Just a friendly reminder to please purchase genuine DJI accessories for your drone for comaptibility and relibility purposes. You can use this link to check for accessories : (http://store.dji.com/) and in case it is not available in our website, you can check if it is available in our retailer stores:  (https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy). If you have other concern, please let us know. Thanks for your support.

Totally agree - why drop one and a half grand on a drone then search around to save a fiver on unofficial props that could lead to you crashing and losing the drone/1500. Doesn't make any sense.
2019-2-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

spandit Posted at 2-1 15:04
It's a real shame the fakes don't seem to be that good. Can't imagine it's much of a tweak to get them as good as the originals for a much lower price.

I'm sure they could but it's not worth the risk - not for a few quid.
2019-2-1
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Hi spandit , they appear to be as fake as Donald Trump's tweets Fake news
LoL
2019-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

A CW Posted at 2-1 23:50
Totally agree - why drop one and a half grand on a drone then search around to save a fiver on unofficial props that could lead to you crashing and losing the drone/1500. Doesn't make any sense.

Hello and good day A CW. Thank you for the additional information and advice. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-2-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-2 07:40
Hello and good day A CW. Thank you for the additional information and advice. Have a safe and happy flying always.

2019-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Always a pleasure A CW.
2019-2-2
Use props
spandit
lvl.4

United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2-1 23:50
Totally agree - why drop one and a half grand on a drone then search around to save a fiver on unofficial props that could lead to you crashing and losing the drone/1500. Doesn't make any sense.

Some of us got our drones cheaper
2019-2-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

spandit Posted at 2-2 10:55
Some of us got our drones cheaper

What a brand new Inspire for less than 1500?
2019-2-2
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure why you’d spend £1,200+ and the scrimp on props for a couple of quid...madness. I will update touch them.  Tacky if nothing else.
2019-2-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2-2 15:19
Not sure why you’d spend £1,200+ and the scrimp on props for a couple of quid...madness. I will update touch them.  Tacky if nothing else.

ya when its brand new kinda like a car, its worth using OEM parts and replacements until fully broken in. when i say broken i i mean that more inline with you as user, how comfortable you feel with your drone and replacing things...   

just use your instinct.. i been buying cheaper props for a while.. when pull em out of box, feel em, look at em, use your instincts.. more times than not they are of the same quality if they built to match the OEM props.  the company i use their symbol is like a Y with a triangle on  one of the arms..almost 1:1 match OEMs and tend to undercut DJI's price a lot, 50% sometimes..
2019-2-2
Use props
spandit
lvl.4

United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2-2 11:55
What a brand new Inspire for less than 1500?

No, but this is about Mavic Pro props.
2019-2-3
Use props
spandit
lvl.4

United Kingdom

ShadyDealer Posted at 2-2 15:19
Not sure why you’d spend £1,200+ and the scrimp on props for a couple of quid...madness. I will update touch them.  Tacky if nothing else.

That's the thing, I didn't spent that much on my second hand Mavic Pro.  I think someone used the analogy of OEM car parts
2019-2-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

spandit Posted at 2-3 00:10
No, but this is about Mavic Pro props.

Yeah - my point is that you can buy fake props on all drone models - in my case I wouldn't try to save a fiver on props to use on a £1850 Inspire or a £1350 Mavic 2 Pro and place them at risk for such a little saving. Even if you bought a cheaper model like a second hand original Mavic Pro for few hundred quid it is still NOT worth it given that it is not just the cost of the drone replacement but the damage the drone may cause if it crash lands into third party property or even a person - a law suit stretching into the millions may unfold against you or even a custodial sentence if the crash caused physical injury to a person. Remember that you are completely and legally responsible for your drone and it's flight.
2019-2-3
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

spandit Posted at 2-3 00:12
That's the thing, I didn't spent that much on my second hand Mavic Pro.  I think someone used the analogy of OEM car parts

Still wouldn’t touch them. Second hand or not I’d still be angry  if my drone came down because of shoddy inferior props. I’d be kicking myself for not investing in proper props. Your choice at the end of the day and if your happy to run that risk then go for it.
2019-2-3
Use props
spandit
lvl.4

United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2-3 00:41
Yeah - my point is that you can buy fake props on all drone models - in my case I wouldn't try to save a fiver on props to use on a £1850 Inspire or a £1350 Mavic 2 Pro and place them at risk for such a little saving. Even if you bought a cheaper model like a second hand original Mavic Pro for few hundred quid it is still NOT worth it given that it is not just the cost of the drone replacement but the damage the drone may cause if it crash lands into third party property or even a person - a law suit stretching into the millions may unfold against you or even a custodial sentence if the crash caused physical injury to a person. Remember that you are completely and legally responsible for your drone and it's flight.

That is a fair point
2019-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules