17356 24 2019-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bozora
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142234 ft
Singapore

Hi all

Has anyone tried pluggin a 4G dongle into the top USB port of the smart controller?

If it worked this will be a good alternative to connecting wifi from smartphone.

Kindly let me know which models of the 4G dongle works with the smart controller..

Have intention of just buying a prepaid SIM card, insert into dongle and plug the dongle into the smart controller and boom, my smart controller becomes my 4G capabled tablet.
2019-2-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, we really admire you for being interested in using the DJI Product, With this concern. As of the moment this function has not been tested yet, We don't have any information yet if DJI Smart Controller is compatible with 4G dongles and using a 4G dongle with the DJI Smart Controller is not recommended. I hope you understand. Thank you for your consideration.
2019-2-1
Use props
Bozora
lvl.3
Singapore

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-1 10:06
Hi there, we really admire you for being interested in using the DJI Product, With this concern. As of the moment this function has not been tested yet, We don't have any information yet if DJI Smart Controller is compatible with 4G dongles and using a 4G dongle with the DJI Smart Controller is not recommended. I hope you understand. Thank you for your consideration.

Many thanks, kindly keep me posted on the different Brands available when u have tested and proven them working.
2019-2-1
Use props
Bozora
lvl.3
Singapore

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-1 10:06

Many thanks, kindly keep me posted on the different Brands available when u have tested and proven them working.
2019-2-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Bozora Posted at 2-1 21:06
Many thanks, kindly keep me posted on the different Brands available when u have tested and proven them working.

No worries, If ever we have the official documentation about this. It will be posted on our website and release note as well. Keep in touch. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-4
Use props
Avi_Elbaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1095377 ft
Israel

Hi, Just got the Huawei Ms2372h-153 4G LTE 150Mbps USB Modem. DJI officially support it for Crystal Sky and I has wondering if it will work with the Smart Controller, And it is !
2019-4-28
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I have plugged both a usb thumb drive and a usb mouse into that port and both worked.  The Thumb drive shows up and allows copying, etc.  The mouse just worked.  But I also tried a bluetooth mouse and that also worked.

Let us know of your 4g dongle experiment.
2019-4-28
Use props
George Evans
New

United Kingdom

Hello, I haven't
2019-8-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Avi_Elbaz Posted at 4-28 01:05
Hi, Just got the Huawei Ms2372h-153 4G LTE 150Mbps USB Modem. DJI officially support it for Crystal Sky and I has wondering if it will work with the Smart Controller, And it is ![view_image]

If only the Huawei Ms2372h-153  was a bit smaller.
2019-8-28
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

the smart controller is based on android, so likely many if not most will work.
2019-8-28
Use props
Drauzer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1728602 ft

4G Modem "ZTE MF79" made friends with CrystalSky and possibly friends with your device.
2019-9-27
Use props
Drone-Vision360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164619 ft
Canada

I heard someone was able to connect huawei e3372h lte usb stick on a phantom 4 and control the drone from his lte tablet.  I didn't saw but If someone else have tested, I will do the same.   This.means the connection would be much better.
2020-1-27
Use props
Bcor666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 437907 ft
Germany

Huawei E8372h-153 is working
2020-1-28
Use props
Drone-Vision360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164619 ft
Canada

You plug into the drone and connect your phone to the smart remote?   

I want to write on this but not sure how to do it..
2020-1-30
Use props
lal242
lvl.2

Sweden

E3372h confirmed working.
2020-2-13
Use props
ozboyblu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348615 ft
  • >>>
Australia

lal242 Posted at 2-13 23:19
E3372h confirmed working.[view_image]
Have a Huawei E3372h 4G usb dongle. then plugged into smart controller didn't detect it. what steps are you using to connect. did you need to download an app or drivers? Could not find a list of DJI smart controller compatible USB devices.

I also have the Huawei E8372, has wifi and I can use this. But can’t directly connect to 4G from the controller.
81BB1A1C-4802-41E9-BA6B-6AE54945F9C2.png
2020-5-18
Use props
djiuser_0zUGX9HTJeih
lvl.1

Belgium

lal242 Posted at 2-13 23:19
E3372h confirmed working.[view_image]

Hi sir,

Please advise how. I’ve plugged in the E3372 dongle but no LTE connection visable
2020-11-19
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-2-1 10:06

Good Morning, Super Mod....
Still looking for some guidance on the USB 4G Network Adapter function.
It's been nearly 2 years since DJI started "working on" this and I can't find any "a list of compatible network adaptors" that are supposedly on the DJI Official website.
[ see post ##20 for screen shot of the Tips screen 4 of 4 ]

I really need a WiFi connection for accessing remote maps (since there is STILL no off-line function on the Fly App).  I am expecting the ability to connect a WiFi hotspot that the not-so Smart Controller would use to load location based maps.
2021-4-23
Use props
Dronesat.ca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 829728 ft
Canada

djiuser_0zUGX9HTJeih Posted at 2020-11-19 02:41
Hi sir,

Please advise how. I’ve plugged in the E3372 dongle but no LTE connection visable

STOP Bluetooth and wifi  , connect LTE
2021-7-7
Use props
Obiwan_Kennedy
lvl.1
France

I just got this controller with my Air 2S combo.
My Huawei E8372 works fine.
Not through an LTE connection between the controller (there is no such capability).
You must just connect the controller to the 4G key WiFi spot.

2021-12-16
Use props
jenzeee0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11380554 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any update on this?

Not sure if I get it right. So 4G-Dongle (purchased) from China would work with the current Mavic 3 FW and Fly App (iOS) in the US?

Thanks for your feedback.
2022-2-23
Use props
Panph
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5322589 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi guys, just a little update after few months from the last post
My Iphone 13 pro max keeps disconnecting the hotspot from the SME, so i decided to try a 4g dongle for a more stable connection. I have an ipad pro 2020 either, with LTE but same story, seems like it disconnects because inactivity, with android device no problem at all.

I first tried the Huawei e3372h but was not recognized. So i tried the E8372-153 and works fine. It works fine not because the key are recognized by the controller, but because from the internal usb it use only the power. This is an independent 4g dongle with wifi connection, so i use it as wifi router and i connect the SME via wifi.
Finally a stable solution that doesn't need modem battery recharger etc.  

2022-3-10
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2019-2-1 10:06

Good Morning, Super Mod....
Still looking for some guidance on the USB 4G Network Adapter function.
NOW It's been nearly THREE years since DJI started "working on" this and I can't find any "a list of compatible network adaptors" that are supposedly on the DJI Official website.
[ see post ##20 for screen shot of the Tips screen 4 of 4 ]

I really need a WiFi connection for accessing remote maps (since there is STILL no off-line function on the Fly App).  I am expecting the ability to connect a WiFi hotspot that the not-so Smart Controller would use to load location based maps.
2022-4-13
Use props
ReppocMike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1627667 ft
Finland

No it does not work! I test with Huawei E353 HSPA+ and it works but it is only 3G. I have tried Huawei E3372s-153 and E3372h-153. THOSE ARE NOT WORK! I have turn on Developer Options, maybe I miss something?
2022-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules