3711 9 2019-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RareHorse
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

I am completely new here.

I've been looking to buy the Osmo Pocket primarily for Instagram Stories.

From what I've seen in posts and videos, you have to tilt the Osmo Pocket onto it's side to get it to film in Portrait mode (9:16 aspect ratio).

This might be a little difficult for me as I have a disability and the horizontal grip might be unsteady, which is stopping me buy the product, so far.

What are the chances of an update that would allow you switch to Portrait mode, whilst holding the Osmo Pocket vertically, like you would hold it for regular filming?

Could this be achieved in an update to the Firmware, like maybe in the settings?

Or could/will it be possible to do with the extension rod attatchment (which I would definitely buy when it comes out, as this would be great for me)?

And if it isn't possible, could you add vertical holding portrait mode in the second iteration of the Osmo Pocket?

Many thanks.

2019-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There are many third party accessories that will allow you hold OP in the horizontal position, you should checkout out amazon .
2019-2-1
Use props
RareHorse
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-1 06:13
There are many third party accessories that will allow you hold OP in the horizontal position, you should checkout out amazon .

Thanks for the reply.

It's the vertical position I'm after, in Portrait mode. I don't want to tilt it horizontally.
2019-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RareHorse Posted at 2-1 06:30
Thanks for the reply.

It's the vertical position I'm after, in Portrait mode. I don't want to tilt it horizontally.

That was my point you can purchase that will hold camera in horizontal while will be holding a handle should we say in the upright or vertical.
The only dji camera that films in the vertical mode is the orignal Mavic Pro Camera , and in order to do this it needed a different gimbal, many have asked before if they could get portrait mode with the newer aircraft, but dji have said it’s not possible unless gimbal design was changed, I suspect this is the same with OP, but who knows.
2019-2-1
Use props
RareHorse
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-1 06:45
That was my point you can purchase that will hold camera in horizontal while will be holding a handle should we say in the upright or vertical.
The only dji camera that films in the vertical mode is the orignal Mavic Pro Camera , and in order to do this it needed a different gimbal, many have asked before if they could get portrait mode with the newer aircraft, but dji have said it’s not possible unless gimbal design was changed, I suspect this is the same with OP, but who knows.

Thank you. This sounds promising.

Do you know which accessory I could purchase to make this happen, please?
2019-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RareHorse Posted at 2-1 07:43
Thank you. This sounds promising.

Do you know which accessory I could purchase to make this happen, please?

You would have to look at some go pro fittings you will find many on Amazon you will need a mount for Osmo also I leave picture below it’s not exactly what your looking for, but with an Osmo Mount you should be able to figure out to mount your Osmo horizontally while holding handle vertically.
Hope this helps and gives you some ideas, I am using the handle with my Osmo and phone and it’s amazing for its price.

2019-2-1
Use props
RareHorse
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-1 08:54
You would have to look at some go pro fittings you will find many on Amazon you will need a mount for Osmo also I leave picture below it’s not exactly what your looking for, but with an Osmo Mount you should be able to figure out to mount your Osmo horizontally while holding handle vertically.
Hope this helps and gives you some ideas, I am using the handle with my Osmo and phone and it’s amazing for its price.

Thank you very much, for this. I really appreciate it.
2019-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RareHorse Posted at 2-1 09:07
Thank you very much, for this. I really appreciate it.

No problem glad I could help
2019-2-1
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

https://hkphoto.com/photographer ... ocket-portrait-mode
2019-2-2
Use props
RareHorse
lvl.1

United Kingdom