Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

Hello.

I bought the Osmo pocket device few days ago.
Now I have a problem to connect it to mobile phone Samsung which has a micro USB port (the small one).
Should get the micro USB-C adapter from Osmo to micro USB on Samsung.
The problem is that I cant get the correct adapter. Adapters of all kinds are available but not this one.
So I have the useless Osmo pocket which cant be activated.
Phones with such USB are pretty common so I cant believe that such a problem exists.

Can anybody help to solve this?

Thanks
Andy  
2019-2-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Use the connector supplied with your Mavic Air, it worked on my S7 no issues whatsoever.  Thereafter buy a cable
2019-2-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry that the Osmo Pocket can be activated using the USB type C adapter and mobile device only. As of the moment, the Osmo Pocket can't be activated using the micro USB. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-2-1
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-1 10:13
Hi, we're sorry that the Osmo Pocket can be activated using the USB type C adapter and mobile device only. As of the moment, the Osmo Pocket can't be activated using the micro USB. We do appreciate your understanding.

This is incorrect. I activated mine using micro-usb with adapter.
2019-2-1
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

Those adaptors are all over Amazon for few dollars.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2019-2-1
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovenia

John, thank you very much, it works !! I definitely wouldn't remember of that adapter.
But anyway it is embarrassing for DJI that they do not include such a small thing into the box.
2019-2-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

andy10 Posted at 2-1 11:48
John, thank you very much, it works !! I definitely wouldn't remember of that adapter.
But anyway it is embarrassing for DJI that they do not include such a small thing into the box.

My pleasure happy to help.

It was pointed out on a couple of threads that mimo wont work with some samsungs, thats incorrect, works great with S6 S7 and S8 so far no issue's.  
2019-2-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

RSW Posted at 2-1 10:39

Hi, thanks for this information. We're glad that you were able to activate your unit using the micro USB. However, since it was this process hasn't been referred to us by our engineers, we couldn't recommend this with our customers due to that we can't guarantee if it will work. Thank you for understanding.
2019-2-1
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Buy a lighting/Type-C connector to Micro USB connector cable, it should works fine
2019-2-1
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adding to what others have said, but for a different reason.... use a cable rather than adding a converter dongle.  The extra stress of having the camera cantilevered out another inch would be worrisome to me.  
2019-2-2
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

WebParrot Posted at 2-2 05:16
Adding to what others have said, but for a different reason.... use a cable rather than adding a converter dongle.  The extra stress of having the camera cantilevered out another inch would be worrisome to me.

I would have to agree. I started off with an adapter but soon switched to using a cable.
2019-2-2
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovenia

WebParrot Posted at 2-2 05:16

Yes it is pretty inappropriate having that adapter between mobile and Osmo. It keeps them apart (because of the adapter length 2cm) and you must hold them with both hands as it is pretty obvious that the connector won't withstand the weight of the phone for more than a few moments.
I should be able to use the Osmo alone, without any phone attached although the display is as small as can be.
2019-2-2
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Folks who want to use a phone should save several hundred and buy an Osmo Mobile 2. You end up with more battery time, and while it’s a little bigger, you have all that cash in your jeans. I own one and it’s great. I bought the pocket to use with the accessories that should come with it.
2019-2-2
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

andy10 Posted at 2-2 09:53
Yes it is pretty inappropriate having that adapter between mobile and Osmo. It keeps them apart (because of the adapter length 2cm) and you must hold them with both hands as it is pretty obvious that the connector won't withstand the weight of the phone for more than a few moments.
I should be able to use the Osmo alone, without any phone attached although the display is as small as can be.

Andy get yourself a pyg-tech osmo pocket holder direct from pyg-tech. It is a great bit of kit and keeps everything secure and safe.
2019-2-3
Use props
John Baxter
lvl.2

United Kingdom

RSW Posted at 2-1 10:39

Ditto    Just used a USB C Female to Micro USB Male adaptor.   My cheap Blackview phone struggles to work with the OP but my Sony Mobile worked fine.
2019-2-3
Use props
DimTravel
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2-1 10:13
Hi, we're sorry that the Osmo Pocket can be activated using the USB type C adapter and mobile device only. As of the moment, the Osmo Pocket can't be activated using the micro USB. We do appreciate your understanding.

Hi Tony

is dji gonna release a slide-in micro usb ? Please ! =)
2019-2-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DimTravel Posted at 2-22 11:40
Hi Tony

is dji gonna release a slide-in micro usb ? Please ! =)

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As of the time being, we haven't received if there will be an upcoming accessory for Osmo Pocket. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-24
Use props
JSM-OSMO
New

United States

Wow, I just bought an Osmo Pocket and I have the same issue since I have a Samsung phone. This is a shame on DJI since the Micro USB ports are very common on the phones. I would say that they are more common than the Type-C connectors.
2019-5-9
Use props
JSM-OSMO
New

United States

As a complement and support to my previous post:

USB Type-C.
This is the latest USB port that’s found on newer smartphones — Galaxy Note 8, LG V30 —  as well as other mobile devices and offers faster data transfer rates than previous USB versions. Its biggest advantage is that, unlike its predecessor, it’s reversible and can be plugged in either up or down. It should become the new standard for mobile devices, but we’re not quite there yet, as some manufacturers are still releasing new handsets with older micro-USB ports.
2019-5-9
Use props
zburic
lvl.1
Serbia

Micro USB Adapter in alieexpress
2019-7-10
Use props
zburic
lvl.1
Serbia

2019-7-10
Use props
JSo
lvl.3
Netherlands

zburic Posted at 2019-7-10 01:01
Micro USB Adapter in alieexpress
[view_image]

This is the link:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... .0.0.3da24c4dTxNy68   https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32992459413.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3da24c4dTxNy68
But check out very well which of the two Adroid adapters you need - the forward or the reverse one.
On my OnePlus mobile phole it works very well.
2020-1-4
Use props
Subham Sadhu
New

India

M2Wair Posted at 2019-2-1 09:02
Use the connector supplied with your Mavic Air, it worked on my S7 no issues whatsoever.  Thereafter buy a cable

I just got my Osmo Pocket and my phone is a Realme 3 Pro with Micro USB port. The Type C to Micro USB cable you're talking about from the Mavic Air does it work if it is connected to the bottom type C port of the Osmo Pocket? Because I tried with an OTG and it didn't work.
2021-10-30
Use props
JSo
lvl.3
Netherlands

Subham Sadhu Posted at 10-30 21:42
I just got my Osmo Pocket and my phone is a Realme 3 Pro with Micro USB port. The Type C to Micro USB cable you're talking about from the Mavic Air does it work if it is connected to the bottom type C port of the Osmo Pocket? Because I tried with an OTG and it didn't work.

Hi,
You can find adaptors for micro-usb on the Internet for example from Aliexpress.
This is one of the many possibilities:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ ... .0.0.10722e0eWwn3cP
You have to check very well which one of the two you need with your phone - the positive or the reverse one. Both of them work, but with the wrong one you have the phone the wrong way arroung.
2021-11-2
Use props
djiuser_47ly17ArsEvt
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I think I made a mistake. I brought a Pocket 2 from ebay and contacted the seller because the serial is locked and can't seem to get it working. Their reply was. SERIAL LOCKER. BROUGHT AS IT IS. NO RETURNS. If you buy second hand from ebay or CEX or cash converters how can you activate the pocket 2 to be used. Why does it get locked anyway.
2021-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules