Problem with gimbal movement Motion Lapse
5798 16 2019-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DeanDavis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69501 ft
United States

I received my OSMO Pocket in December, and had no problem with it until recently. When doing motionlapse videos, the gimbal is starting to shake a lot. It just started a little before the latest update (v 01.04.00.20). After the update the problem is much worse. I saw a much older post that said to set the start and end points with the phone connected, so I also tried that as well, but the problem still is there. Should I send the unit back for repair?  Here is a link showing the problem:

2019-2-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that may I ask have you tried to calibrate the gimbal after you updated firmware? You can give a try to calibrate the gimbal and see if will work. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-1
Use props
DeanDavis
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-1 12:33
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that may I ask have you tried to calibrate the gimbal after you updated firmware? You can give a try to calibrate the gimbal and see if will work. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support.

Yes, that is the first thing I tried. I have done 6 gimbal calibrations. All reported green calibration O.K., but the problem is still there.  The posted video was after 3 gimbal calibrations.  In just walking around, I do not see the problem with the jerky gimbal. The ONLY place where it is bad is in a motionlapse video. Thank you.
2019-2-1
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

That is definitely not normal. If you have a quick look at the video I posted here I have three Timelapse sections. Two done after the last firmware update. The first and last https://forum.dji.com/thread-179928-1-1.html
2019-2-1
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Interesting, how have you set up the osmo pocket, WiFi module or tripod to support stability!  
2019-2-1
Use props
DeanDavis
lvl.1
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 2-1 12:51
That is definitely not normal. If you have a quick look at the video I posted here I have three Timelapse sections. Two done after the last firmware update. The first and last https://forum.dji.com/thread-179928-1-1.html

Mine was always silky smooth before the update. Here is  a YouTube video that I did on January 20, 2019:

And another that I did on January 29, 2019, the day before the update:

And here is the first one I tried AFTER the update:

2019-2-1
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DeanDavis Posted at 2-1 13:13
Mine was always silky smooth before the update. Here is  a YouTube video that I did on January 20, 2019:

And another that I did on January 29, 2019, the day before the update:

I don't know if anyone notices but the updating of the Osmo Pocket comes in bursts and when you look at the firmware updates on the Pockets screen you see it is done in several separate packages with the gimbal firmware being one of them. I'm wondering if it didn't take.
Have you tried doing a reset of the Osmo Pocket and then recalibrating?
If you have, I would try to send it in for inspection as I don't know of any way to try to redo a firmware update controlled by an app. My Gimbal firmware version is 01.00.01.12.02.00.20.14.
Very nice first sunset bye the way.

2019-2-1
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're spot on... there's a problem/not normal indeed.  It's worth contacting support here:  [  https://www.dji.com/support  ], scrolling to the bottom of the screen and starting a "chat" session - online support.   Have a link to this post ready to insert into your question and expect similar questions.  You should make sure you get a Case#.    We've seen similar questions posted here and registering your problem may help the ID the issue, plus if it's a warranty thing, you got the clock stopped :-)
2019-2-1
Use props
DeanDavis
lvl.1
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 2-1 13:26
I don't know if anyone notices but the updating of the Osmo Pocket comes in bursts and when you look at the firmware updates on the Pockets screen you see it is done in several separate packages with the gimbal firmware being one of them. I'm wondering if it didn't take.
Have you tried doing a reset of the Osmo Pocket and then recalibrating?
If you have, I would try to send it in for inspection as I don't know of any way to try to redo a firmware update controlled by an app. My Gimbal firmware version is 01.00.01.12.02.00.20.14.

My gimbal firmware is the same as yours, BUT I do not remember if I did a re-calibration after I did a reset. So, I did another re-calibration and am now doing a short motionlapse to see if the problem is still there. I will let you know the results in about 30 - 40 minutes. Thank you so much for your help.
2019-2-1
Use props
DeanDavis
lvl.1
United States

DeanDavis Posted at 2-1 13:41
My gimbal firmware is the same as yours, BUT I do not remember if I did a re-calibration after I did a reset. So, I did another re-calibration and am now doing a short motionlapse to see if the problem is still there. I will let you know the results in about 30 - 40 minutes. Thank you so much for your help.

Unfortunately, the problem is still there. How do I go about returning the device for inspection?
2019-2-1
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DeanDavis Posted at 2-1 14:12
Unfortunately, the problem is still there. How do I go about returning the device for inspection?

Look at the bottom of this page on how to contact DJI
https://www.dji.com/uk/support/product/osmo-pocket
or click on the support icon at the bottom of this page.

2019-2-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi and good day DeanDavis, I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav If you need further assistance with your case, please don't hesitate to contact us. Again, our apologies for the unpleasant experience and I hope everything will be sorted out as soon as possible. Thanks for your support.

2019-2-3
Use props
DeanDavis
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-3 16:05
Hi and good day DeanDavis, I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav If you need further assistance with your case, please don't hesitate to contact us. Again, our apologies for the unpleasant experienced and I hope everything will be sorted out as soon as possible. Thanks for your support.

[view_image]

Thank you! I have already done that. The OSMO Pocket was returned for inspection / repair yesterday.
2019-2-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DeanDavis Posted at 2-3 17:15
Thank you! I have already done that. The OSMO Pocket was returned for inspection / repair yesterday.

You're welcome. Please keep us posted if you need further help, thanks!
2019-2-6
Use props
djiuser_yYfv4w7xP7NM
New
United States

So to address this issue I would have to send it in for repairs? I have the latest firmware and have done numerous calibrations with no luck
2019-12-30
Use props
WXM
lvl.1

Canada

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 2019-2-1 14:33
Look at the bottom of this page on how to contact DJI
or click on the support icon at the bottom of this page.

Thank-you!  This was very helpful.  
2022-1-27
Use props
WXM
lvl.1

Canada

For anyone reading that is having issues with the DJI Pocket 2 and the shaking motion it has with the camera when doing a motion lapse.  Regardless if its shaking at 0.5 or 1-2 seconds and not shaking at 3-5 seconds, there is absolutely something wrong with it.  This isn't normal.  Its best to get it fixed by the professional team at DJI Company.  Here is the process that I had to go through.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I had issues after the 5th try of a motion lapse with my DJI Pocket 2 and luckily I found the forum here to get a link (thanks Ray-CubeAce!).

The customer support rep will go through calibrating it with you, or asking you to lightly shake the device from left to right (when device is turned 'off') and despite doing all this, my device never was fixed.  They will then ask you to ship it to the closest manufacturer for a look see and repair.   In my case, since I am from Canada, it will be sent off to California, USA.  Not sure if I want to send my device down, but if I don't it'll never get fixed....   Mostly because I don't want to part ways with my tiny camera with a gimbal!

[ ***NOTE:  You must contact the person via online chat BEFORE you send it out as they are giving you a FREE SHIPPING label both ways! ]

Repair Center in USA Address:
17301 Edwards road, Cerritos, CA, 90703, USA

* You will be given a shipping label by email after 2 business days.  
** Ship your product to DJI within 30 days.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Please provide the following information to the person via the chat.

1. First and last name:

2. Phone number:

3. Complete Shipping Address (No PO Box. Kindly send us your complete shipping address to avoid further issues for shipping):

- House/Flat No./Building and floor:
- Street:
- City/Town:
- Province/State:
- Postal/Zip code:

4. Dealer name or DJI order number:
5. Proof of purchase (please attach)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I really hope this was helpful guys as I was so lost myself with what I could do with a device that malfunctioned.  The customer support was very friendly and helpful.
2022-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules