Lost Mavic Air with Goggles
630 2 2019-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BenChing
New
New Zealand

I have had my Mavic Air since Christmas and according to my phone App have notched up 4 hours and 56 mins flying time. Sadly today I lost my Drone to the Tasman Sea.

I was flying with the remote controller and DJI Goggles. I had a couple of warnings that there was 'Strong Signal Interference' when the screen froze and a 'Disconnected' message appeared. At the time I had been flying back to home (I was standing on the beach), and battery was down to 15%. The screen reactivated about 1 minute later and said battery was 'Critically Low' moments later the drone 'Autolanded' (crashed) into the sea.

I now realise that by not using the phone together with my MA that the drone was never going to RTH and that I have no log of the flight. My poor drone now rests metres from the shore.

When I buy a replacement I don't think I will use the goggles often, and certainly not over water.

Be warned!

2019-2-1
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Might have been safer to bring it back with battery was 25%.  Anything less when not in close range is risky.
2019-2-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ben, I am very sorry to hear the loss of your drone. If you have any questions about the reason for the accident, I'd suggest contacting our support to start a case and apply for data analysis if the drone is under warranty period, for the flight record, please connect the Goggles to DJI Assistant 2 and sync to the cloud. Here’s the link to contact the support: http://www.dji.com/support
2019-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules