Noise from Motor When Camera Turns On.
3465 16 2019-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cerealbox48
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1626211 ft
United States

Hi there, I ran into this issue today. Very random and not sure how to fix it. Ive done calabrations and such, nothing seemed to fix it. Let alone, not sure how anything corrilates with each other on this issue.

I made a video of the issue and uploaded it here. -

Mainly the issue is I power on my ronin and my Sony A7III and the pan motor starts making a hard noise. Then I power off the camera, the noise stops. I power off the ronin and power on my camera, there is still no noise. I power the ronin on, camera not powered on, and there is no noise still. This is absoutly befuddling.

In the video it shows there is a cable pluged into the ronin port. It is just the IR sensor and I unpluged that pre-video and it still makes the noise. I am blown away by this issue.

If someone could point me in the right direction for this issue, that would be great!

Thanks!

Tim.
2019-2-1
Use props
alvarig
lvl.2
United States

I have the same issue. Just unboxed last night. Makes noise as soon as my Sony A6500 turns on and stops as soon as I turn it off. The only thing I see that indicates some kind of issue is when I open the Ronin app on my iPhone and look at the Motor Parameters, the Gyro Pan & Tilt numbers go from around 0.0-0.5 to a fluctuating around 0-6.5 as soon as I turn on the camera. "Roll" numbers appear unaffected. I have the latest firmware installed. No resolution and it ruins my video audio.
2019-2-6
Use props
alvarig
lvl.2
United States

The noise goes away when I tilt the camera straight up and down. But now I am looking at the ceiling so totally unusable of course. So weird. This needs to be fixed ASAP.
2019-2-6
Use props
cerealbox48
lvl.1
United States

alvarig Posted at 2-6 13:05
The noise goes away when I tilt the camera straight up and down. But now I am looking at the ceiling so totally unusable of course. So weird. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Yeah, it is the most bizarre thing. It seemed to just start up or i just realized that that is what was causing the issue. Someone mentioned to me that it could possibly be a grounding issue with either the camera or the ronin. So, not sure how i would fix that. But, DJI is out on their Chinese new year and don't get back in the office answering emails till the 10th. So im still waiting.
2019-2-6
Use props
BJ42
lvl.2

United States

This seems to be a sony and dji combo problem (at least I think). Lol, even when there aren't any connections it makes this XD

2019-2-6
Use props
alvarig
lvl.2
United States

cerealbox48 Posted at 2-6 13:12
Yeah, it is the most bizarre thing. It seemed to just start up or i just realized that that is what was causing the issue. Someone mentioned to me that it could possibly be a grounding issue with either the camera or the ronin. So, not sure how i would fix that. But, DJI is out on their Chinese new year and don't get back in the office answering emails till the 10th. So im still waiting.

So crazy! The only thing that appears to reduce the noise is when it’s resting in place on the mount but I still haven’t locked it down. As soon as I slide the bar from Unlock to Lock the noise increases and then reaches full loudness when full locked. But obviously can’t use it “Unlocked”
2019-2-6
Use props
SolveMyProblems
New
United States

Hey All,

Has anyone received an answer from DJI or found an answer for this? I am having the same problem and it's driving me nuts!!! Thanks!
2019-2-10
Use props
cerealbox48
lvl.1
United States

SolveMyProblems Posted at 2-10 16:30
Hey All,

Has anyone received an answer from DJI or found an answer for this? I am having the same problem and it's driving me nuts!!! Thanks!

Still nothing yet. Waiting to hear form DJI about it. Hopefully something in the next few days. That Chinese new year got them off.
2019-2-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Tim, sorry for the late response because of the Chinese New Year, we apologize for the troubles with the Ronin-S. May we have the serial number of the Ronin-S? Then please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for further assistance.
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

alvarig Posted at 2-6 13:05

Hi alvarig, sorry to know you have the same problem, could you please share us a short video for further verification and the serial number of your Ronin-S for further support? Thank you in advance.
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BJ42 Posted at 2-6 13:12
This seems to be a sony and dji combo problem (at least I think). Lol, even when there aren't any connections it makes this XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEm8jDsUGII

Hi BJ42, I have replied your own thread and since you also have other stabilization issues, it is recommended to send in for the evaluation, did you already send in? If yes, please post the case number so that I can keep an eye on it, thank you.
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SolveMyProblems Posted at 2-10 16:30
Hey All,

Hi there, sorry for the troubles with Ronin-S and the late response because of the Chinese New Year. Does the issue only happen when the camera is turned on just as the OP does? We still need to the sample video for further verification and the serial number, appreciate your assistance.
2019-2-12
Use props
cerealbox48
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-12 23:42
Hi there, sorry for the troubles with Ronin-S and the late response because of the Chinese New Year. Does the issue only happen when the camera is turned on just as the OP does? We still need to the sample video for further verification and the serial number, appreciate your assistance.

I have already sent in a report to DJI for the issue. But the issue seems to only happen when the camera gets turned on. I would have the ronin powered on and the camera power off while the camera is balanced on the ronin and there is no noise. I then power on the camera and the grinding motor noise starts up from what seems the pan axis motor.

I hope that helps. I dont have my ronin in front of me to get the S/N.

Tim.
2019-2-13
Use props
cerealbox48
lvl.1
United States

Slight update/still no fix. It seems to only be an issue with my Sony A7III... I have a GH4 I put on the ronin and it didnt make a sound. I'm wondering if its possibly a grounding/power issue between the ronin and A7III. It seems that other people have had the same issue with a similar setup.
2019-2-14
Use props
jfideler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52218 ft
United States

Has anyone gotten an update about this? I have a 2 day old Ronin MX and Sony A7RIII and same garbage. Turn on the gimbal and it's silent, then turn on the camera and get a vibration and pan motor noise. If I turn off the camera it again goes silent. Supposed to be using this for production starting on Monday and now this. Guess I'll have to return and pickup a MOVI if we have to deal with this.
2019-4-13
Use props
VaseFace
New

Hi there,
Has anyone found a solution? Just got the gear and am having the same issue. I noticed the humming sound lowers when I reduce the stiffness on the Pan to below 10 but then my footage is not stable. Please tell me there is an answer.
2019-10-11
Use props
djiuser_QIoacxkSs6yf
lvl.1

Poland

I have the same problem with Ronin-MX and Sony A7R III. Everything works fine when camera is turned off (silence). But when I turn on camera the pan motor starts making noise. It is only mounted on gimbal by mounting plate, no wired connection etc.

And it looks like it is very common issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwSFt6b-qPY
2020-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules