Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
use phantom 4 pro plus controller to fly mavic pro 2
4467 6 2019-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FrankMill
lvl.1
Flight distance : 322 ft
United Kingdom

My P4 pro+ is damaged beyond repair.  I want to replace it with a Mavic 2 Pro.  Can I use or adapt the P4 pro+ controller to fly a Mavic 2?  (The screen brightness is far superior to my Android phone!)
2019-2-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day FrankMill. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Phantom 4 Pro+. Upon checking the remote controller of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ I am sorry to say that the said remote controller is not compatible with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro aircraft. If you have any other inquiries or concern. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.
2019-2-2
Use props
FrankMill
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-2 09:32
Hello and good day FrankMill. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Phantom 4 Pro+. Upon checking the remote controller of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ I am sorry to say that the said remote controller is not compatible with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro aircraft. If you have any other inquiries or concern. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.

Thank you, DJI Stephen.  I guess I wasted my money buying a drone with a controller that runs only one app.  A lame duck if ever there was one!
2019-2-2
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Frank,

All is not lost if you still want to fly.  The DJI Store does sell a replacement Phantom (P4 Pro) for USD $1,349.  A refurbished P4 Pro with a remote controller that will work with a recent Android or iOS tablet also sells at the DJI Store for USD $1,199.  You can use your P4 Pro + (plus) remote controller as a back-up.

https://store.dji.com/product/ph ... ished&vid=41401

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-2-2
Use props
FrankMill
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2-2 23:59
Aloha Frank,

All is not lost if you still want to fly.  The DJI Store does sell a replacement Phantom (P4 Pro) for USD $1,349.  A refurbished P4 Pro with a remote controller that will work with a recent Android or iOS tablet also sells at the DJI Store for USD $1,199.  You can use your P4 Pro + (plus) remote controller as a back-up.

Great suggestion, Cetacean... but this item is not available in my country (UK) according to the website link.  For many reasons I think I shall replace the Phantom 4 pro with a Mavic 2 pro.  But I love the P4P+ controller: it's a shame it's just not versatile.
2019-2-3
Use props
FrankMill
lvl.1
United Kingdom

FrankMill Posted at 2-3 02:47
Great suggestion, Cetacean... but this item is not available in my country (UK) according to the website link.  For many reasons I think I shall replace the Phantom 4 pro with a Mavic 2 pro.  But I love the P4P+ controller: it's a shame it's just not versatile.

In fact I CAN buy a replacement aircraft without controller etc. from the UK DJI site.  Here it costs £1419 — equivalent to $1858.  A Mavic 2 pro is cheaper!  And a brand-new Phantom 4 pro V2.0 costs only £1589, including remote controller, case, spare props and battery charger.  I guess DJI regards someone with a written-off aircraft as fair game for a big profit!
2019-2-3
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Two different systems, the P4Pro v1 uses lightbridge, and the Mavic 2 Pro uses occusync.
2019-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules