12Next >
17052 42 2019-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
just4us
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hello,
there's a problem with the remote control of my Mavic air. When I move the right joystick up or down, these values are digitally copied to the left joystick. This means that every time I fly forward, the drone also flies up and every time I fly down, the drone flies down at the same time. The values are also displayed in the app. This means, if I only move one stick, both digital values of the joysticks are changing.

I have tried to calibrate the remote control, downgrade and upgrade the firmware and reset everything to factory defaults.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix the bug?

Justus

2019-2-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

someone else mentioned this issue before.. sounds like a software issue..  try calibrating the controller.. its an option int he app under controller tab in the settings, if that fails try refreshing the controller's firmware in app
2019-2-2
Use props
just4us
lvl.1

New Zealand

I'm just touching one joistick.
2019-2-2
Use props
just4us
lvl.1

New Zealand

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2-2 22:11
someone else mentioned this issue before.. sounds like a software issue..  try calibrating the controller.. its an option int he app under controller tab in the settings, if that fails try refreshing the controller's firmware in app

i tried all of that already. Calibration was successful although.
2019-2-2
Use props
just4us
lvl.1

New Zealand

2019-2-2
Use props
just4us
lvl.1

New Zealand

2019-2-2
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

just4us Posted at 2-2 22:17
[view_image]

I'm just touching one joistick.

Whoa, the yaw issue got even worse... I would say try to reset to factory settings however I am having issues even trying to reset the remote. Otherwise, your board might be bad, since its affecting both sticks.
2019-2-3
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

just4us Posted at 2-2 22:17
[view_image]

I'm just touching one joistick.

Thanks for sharing!
2019-2-3
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

That's a weird one.  Might just be worth sending it back.
2019-2-3
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Send it in for analysis and repair. Hope it is resolved really quickly for you
2019-2-3
Use props
just4us
lvl.1

New Zealand

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-3 15:56
Whoa, the yaw issue got even worse... I would say try to reset to factory settings however I am having issues even trying to reset the remote. Otherwise, your board might be bad, since its affecting both sticks.

I already did a reset, didn't help anything.
2019-2-4
Use props
just4us
lvl.1

New Zealand

M2Wair Posted at 2-3 17:39
Send it in for analysis and repair. Hope it is resolved really quickly for you

I´m on Holiday... last time i send it in it took roughly one Month.Thanks for the answer!
2019-2-4
Use props
fans1ebd41be
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1315571 ft
Italy

just4us Posted at 2-4 16:45
I´m on Holiday... last time i send it in it took roughly one Month.Thanks for the answer!

Hi, I have your same problem, how did you solve it?  thank you so much
2019-5-6
Use props
Anand GK
lvl.1

India

I have the same issue. Did anyone find a fix? Would be really helpful if you could share.
2019-5-9
Use props
djiuser_Tm9RFy4X97q1
New
Flight distance : 61913 ft
Colombia

I have the same problem, and I think is even worse, beacuse the drone start to move by itself without moving the sticks.
2019-5-28
Use props
LGstudio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 638366 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

I do have the same issue, but with the control wheel for the gimbal. Whenever I move the gimbal up/down, the drone flies also to left/right. here is a video about it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hqr5piiny95hfu/MavicAir-RemoteError.MTS?dl=0
2019-5-29
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Parallelled Circuits are feeding user input.
Prove it by left stick input observing right stick echo
2019-5-29
Use props
Kusanagi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47103 ft

Philippines

How can i Refresh the controller's FW in the APP?
2019-8-16
Use props
henhito
New

United Kingdom

Hi

I have the same issue, I can lift off, but not control over the moment, I can use the phone no issue movement not an issue just with the RC remote. Any help would be useful.

Also how do I firmware reset the RC?
2019-8-16
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kusanagi Posted at 8-16 01:23

first your smart device has to be connected to the internet and the drone via controller.   on drone selection screen in top right corner there's 3 bars or dots.. press and hold that for 5+ seconds then let go and should release you to a firmware refresh/update page.  
2019-8-16
Use props
henhito
New

United Kingdom

henhito Posted at 8-16 06:08
Hi

I have the same issue, I can lift off, but not control over the moment, I can use the phone no issue movement not an issue just with the RC remote. Any help would be useful.

its magically working again, not sure how.
2019-8-18
Use props
Kusanagi
lvl.1

Philippines

HereForTheBeer Posted at 8-16 08:02
first your smart device has to be connected to the internet and the drone via controller.   on drone selection screen in top right corner there's 3 bars or dots.. press and hold that for 5+ seconds then let go and should release you to a firmware refresh/update page.

thanks!, is this a remote issue or drone issue?
2019-8-19
Use props
Kusanagi
lvl.1

Philippines

henhito Posted at 8-18 01:52
its magically working again, not sure how.

Same, did calibration somehow ive got no errors or false inputs anymore. i think the culprit is if the remote is not  used for a long time or on how you store it. before i tried to store it but flat on its back seems it it fixed it a little bit,  now ill try  to keep it in the DJI bag to see if problem occur again, PS: its on its side when in the bag. im not 100% sure if its really the cause tho.  will give update if problem comes back
2019-8-20
Use props
Kusanagi
lvl.1

Philippines

henhito Posted at 8-16 06:08
Hi

not sure if this is what fixed it, I downgraded my remote FW to .100
2019-8-23
Use props
fansdfa3ed61
New

Poland

It is a hardware problem not software. I had the same problem. What you need to do is clean potentiometers in your controller or send it under the guarantee.
2019-8-29
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691959 ft

Malaysia

I just had the same problem...so its a hardware issue?
2019-9-1
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4

I am sending my RC for repair. Damn out of warranty period.
2019-9-6
Use props
fans9dfdfc94
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12769 ft

I have this problem since the beginning of the summer after a year without problems. I have a time thought of the recent firmware update (the 620), but no, the beep beep beep all the time that stop only after a calibration, except that it is necessary to turn off the remote otherwise the drone does not have reliable information to fly.

After searching the web, it seems like it's because of the joystics. Now before each switch on the remote, I move these joystics in all directions and the problem has so far disappeared alone. I conclude that it is the electrical contacts of these joystics that are involved.

A video for the handyman if the warranty is over:
2019-9-9
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft

Kusanagi Posted at 8-16 01:23
Hold depressed the menu icon longtime of the apk splashscreen
It will debut
The rc is usbC cabled into cellphone apk
2019-9-9
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4

fans9dfdfc94 Posted at 9-9 09:43
I have this problem since the beginning of the summer after a year without problems. I have a time thought of the recent firmware update (the 620), but no, the beep beep beep all the time that stop only after a calibration, except that it is necessary to turn off the remote otherwise the drone does not have reliable information to fly.

After searching the web, it seems like it's because of the joystics. Now before each switch on the remote, I move these joystics in all directions and the problem has so far disappeared alone. I conclude that it is the electrical contacts of these joystics that are involved.

I would not do it myself without proper tools. I am sending to the service centre. Anyway thanks for sharing.
2019-9-9
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft

I am surprised that DJI appear to be using mechanical potentiometers in the controller, reasoned because they need cleaning.
I would have though hall-effect devices would have been better and don't need cleaning.
2019-9-10
Use props
x2202
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12769 ft

After more than a week and several flights, I have no problem beep beep on the remote by simply moving the joystics in all directions before lighting. At least this problem is fixed for the moment, hope it lasts.

Otherwise the video I put in illustration is not mine, I just found on the net. But if the problem comes back, I would not hesitate to do the manipulation.
2019-9-12
Use props
Adventures in Oz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

Hi mine behaves strange like this also, doesnt matter what mode im in, if i push forwards on right stick it will rise or veer left or right at random, if i recaibrate the controller it stops for a short period of time then starts doing it again, have refreshed firmwares have tried atti and sports mode both do it same as normal mode if i turn apas off it still does it or if its on. Its behavior is like the sticks are sending random up or down or left or right commands from time to time come to think of it my issue started after the second last firmware update.
2019-10-30
Use props
Willsy
New

New Zealand

This fix MAY HAVE ACTUALLY WORKED!! YAY!

My drone worked as normal for several months until one day out of the blue I too had these issues start. Symptoms as follows.

* Mavic Air controller started insessently whining *beep beep beep* immediately after most power-ons. The only fix to my sanity was to re-run the joystick calibration, this stopped the constant beeping - albeit only TEMPORARILY - the next time i'd power up the controller I had to go through it all again!!

* Mavic Air controller joysticks and gimbal wheel signals were cross contaminating with other inputs.
For Example:
- Sometimes i'd move the gimbal wheel down and the Drone would turn left or right. This was visible in the calibration screen.
- Sometimes i'd move the left joystick up and I would get an opposite or mirrored response on the right joystick (or vice versa), resulting in some frustratingly un-flyable scenarios. This was completely random and would change all the time, sometimes the effect was weak, sometimes everything worked FINE! Other times a push on one joystick resulted in a stronger response on the other joystick. Really frustrating!

No amount of calibrations, factory resets or firmware upgrades fixed the issues. This drove me to almost sell my Mavic Air due to the utter frustration it caused.

My Mavic Air is out of warranty so I've just recently attempted the DIY repair explained at the start of this forum. I can confirm that opening the DJI controller and lubricating the springs/connections on each Joystick has made a significant improvement to the insessent beeping upon power-up. Before the calibration alarm was occurring about 9 in every 10 power-ons, always requiring an immediate re-calibration to shut it up. Now, after applying lubricant to the internals of both joysticks, only one calibration was required initially, then SILENCE and no further calibrations since!!!!!

As for the input signal contamination, It's too early to tell after applying the fix but so far several flights have been attempted post fix and absolutely no cross signal contamination is evident! Fingers crossed.

As for the fix itself, don't attempt this if you're Mavic is covered by warranty! But If you have no choice, it's worth doing. The fix seems daunting at first but honestly isn't too complicated, can be done in 30-45mins.
2019-11-8
Use props
Willsy
New

New Zealand

Willsy Posted at 11-8 23:10
This fix MAY HAVE ACTUALLY WORKED!! YAY!

My drone worked as normal for several months until one day out of the blue I too had these issues start. Symptoms as follows.

Another video of the FIX can be found here - https://forum.dji.com/thread-199128-1-1.html - courtesy of member Janonymus.
2019-11-8
Use props
Kusanagi
lvl.1

Philippines

Mine was having this, and the YAW issue, its a hardware issue, i got mine left joystick changed. and no issues after.
2020-2-6
Use props
cinema4dhotmail.com
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

Friends, I managed to solve the problem. This is due to dirt in the control trimpots. I used an insulin syringe with a very fine needle. I washed the 2 trimpots through the holes with 99.9% isopropyl alcohol and dried with a hot air station. It worked 100%, the commands now no longer leak from one position to another.
2020-2-16
Use props
Cepheroh
lvl.4

Singapore

cinema4dhotmail.com Posted at 2-16 15:48
Friends, I managed to solve the problem. This is due to dirt in the control trimpots. I used an insulin syringe with a very fine needle. I washed the 2 trimpots through the holes with 99.9% isopropyl alcohol and dried with a hot air station. It worked 100%, the commands now no longer leak from one position to another.

Good to hear that Bro
2020-2-17
Use props
Barryhendy
lvl.1
Australia

I have had the same problem with my Mavic air. Incessant beeping at power up and serious cross talk between channels. (Move left and it drops!, move right and it climbs.) visible in the calibration screen.

I opened the controller (not without some damage to the lugs... I still don’t know how to do this otherwise...) and some pressure can alcohol into the gimbal pots. I didn’t pull the whole gimbal apart... just sprayed when I had the front cover off - then blew with compressed air.

Still needs the test of time - but appears fixed.

What I can’t explain (as an electronics engineer) is how a dirty gimbal pot can generate strong cross-coupling? But hey, It works!,!
2021-2-11
Use props
jrormesher
New

United States

I HAVE A FIX!!!!!!!        So I have a Mavic Air.. My right joy stick was aslo controlling some parameters on the left.  I unscrewed the sticks and prayed electric contact cleaner in and exercised it. Screwed the sticks back on, tested and BAM...  FIXED THAT CHIT!!!!.  I did not have to take it apart.
2021-2-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules