Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't transfer files from Smart Controller to iPhone via Bluetooth
29448 37 2019-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Anyone else having this issue?  I'm seemingly paired fine.  I grab a video, click Share, my Iphone shows up, I click it, but it inevitably fails (quickly) with a simple message saying "x file not sent".  
Tried restarting everything.  Still no dice.  iPhoneX, Smart Controller updated to latest firmware.  

2019-2-3
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why don’t you use Go Share? That works.
IOS and Android don’t play nice where Bluetooth is concerned.
2019-2-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. However, IOS was designed to be as secure as possible and it is impossible to transfer a video file from Android to iPhone via Bluetooth. Also, edited videos cannot be transferred to a mobile device with DJI GO Share and the contents on the SD card cannot be transferred to a mobile device with DJI GO Share. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-2-3
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Fair enough but, FWIW, I feel like that might be something you'd want to (read: should)  add some messaging for IN THE APP to save people a few hours of frustration.   I imagine it'd be pretty easy to flag any attempted iOS transfers and throw an "iOS not supported" error in lieu of a generic "file not sent".

2019-2-3
Use props
rookpsu12
lvl.2
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Buzzyone Posted at 2-3 03:41

So it seems.  Will do.
2019-2-3
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was just about to post a problem I'm having with my Samsung S8+ android and Go Share. It seems to find the Smart Controller with a connect button. I click connect and it seems to connect I see a Video and a photo button and Loading ......... in the middle for a minute it stops and says no devices found. I tried this several times with the same results. I also noticed that when I click on "Go Share" on the SC the wifi turns off. Is this normal? Help?

Thanks
TK
2019-2-3
Use props
djiuser_dlmtmPXnqT1h
lvl.1

India

Thank you. https://www.kissanime.vip/
2019-2-27
Use props
fanscb30a0e8
lvl.1
  • >>>
Maldives

Hello,

I am trying to transfer my pics from the smart controller to the iphone via bluetooth but it keeps telling me ‘file not sent’
Are there other ways to transfer to iphone ? (Not via sd card since i forgot the apapter at home)
2019-3-5
Use props
fanse6340ecf
New

United States

rookpsu12 Posted at 2-3 17:47
Fair enough but, FWIW, I feel like that might be something you'd want to (read: should)  add some messaging for IN THE APP to save people a few hours of frustration.   I imagine it'd be pretty easy to flag any attempted iOS transfers and throw an "iOS not supported" error in lieu of a generic "file not sent".

I agree!!!!! I wasted 30mins trying to sent a photo to my iPhone X. It was very frustrating!
2019-3-21
Use props
fansed04aa8f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-3 09:44
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. However, IOS was designed to be as secure as possible and it is impossible to transfer a video file from Android to iPhone via Bluetooth. Also, edited videos cannot be transferred to a mobile device with DJI GO Share and the contents on the SD card cannot be transferred to a mobile device with DJI GO Share. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

Bull.... IOS was designed to make sure nothing will ever work with Android. They want people to chose between Apple & Android and since an overwhelming percentage of people choose Apple, Apple wins. Soon Apple will control our government, military, even the Illuminati. We are soon to be The Apple States of America. Or The United States of Apple. Or The United Apples of America. Our capital will be called Apple D.C. (formerly Silicon Valley) and Tim Cook will be the Kim Jong Un of ASA. He will become a ruthless dictator, starving his people, killing anyone who sneezes within 100 yards of him. The Apple States of America will become a joke to the outside world; however, we Appletons will be brainwashed into thinking we are the greatest country in the world. We will soon be told that the almighty Tim Cook does not pee or poop, because he does not have a butthole. Citizens who do not have a framed picture of our great Dictator and Steve Jobs in our living room will be exterminated.
2019-4-4
Use props
fansed04aa8f
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Edit: I have just been contacted by Government Apple Agents. They say they just want to “talk.” I’m going into hiding now. Pray for me. Pray for America. Hide your kids & hide your wife.
2019-4-4
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Buzzyone Posted at 2-3 03:41

Yes it works well, but the files have to be in the gallery of DJI Go4 app. If the are in a folder at the Android System they can't be transfered by Go Share and Bluetooth to iOS just doens't work....  
2019-4-6
Use props
sfo_sc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23963 ft
Japan

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. However, IOS was designed to be as secure as possible and it is impossible to transfer a video file from Android to iPhone via Bluetooth. Also, edited videos cannot be transferred to a mobile device with DJI GO Share and the contents on the SD card cannot be transferred to a mobile device with DJI GO Share. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

Why is it design in this way?  What is the point of transferring only those files unedited DJI video?  Will you please ask them to include the other files for transfer?  
2019-4-22
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

You can install sendanywhere for both ISO and smart controller, that is one of the only solution to do bluetooth file transfer between two systems.
2019-4-23
Use props
sfo_sc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23963 ft
Japan

Thanks, I will give that a try.
2019-4-23
Use props
CBIZ1
New
United States

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. However, IOS was designed to be as secure as possible and it is impossible to transfer a video file from Android to iPhone via Bluetooth. Also, edited videos cannot be transferred to a mobile device with DJI GO Share and the contents on the SD card cannot be transferred to a mobile device with DJI GO Share. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

To be clear - is DJI saying there is no way to transfer images from  the Smart Controller directly to an Apple product?
2019-5-1
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

CBIZ1 Posted at 5-1 11:02
To be clear - is DJI saying there is no way to transfer images from  the Smart Controller directly to an Apple product?

No.... DJI is saying that it can't transfer images by bluetooth...
2019-5-2
Use props
Tinman3
New
Flight distance : 529085 ft
United States

fansed04aa8f Posted at 4-4 04:37
Bull.... IOS was designed to make sure nothing will ever work with Android. They want people to chose between Apple & Android and since an overwhelming percentage of people choose Apple, Apple wins. Soon Apple will control our government, military, even the Illuminati. We are soon to be The Apple States of America. Or The United States of Apple. Or The United Apples of America. Our capital will be called Apple D.C. (formerly Silicon Valley) and Tim Cook will be the Kim Jong Un of ASA. He will become a ruthless dictator, starving his people, killing anyone who sneezes within 100 yards of him. The Apple States of America will become a joke to the outside world; however, we Appletons will be brainwashed into thinking we are the greatest country in the world. We will soon be told that the almighty Tim Cook does not pee or poop, because he does not have a butthole. Citizens who do not have a framed picture of our great Dictator and Steve Jobs in our living room will be exterminated.

Did you forget to take your meds today or was it the tinfoil hat?
2019-5-25
Use props
DROJT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 509 ft
United States

Same issue but I resolved but turning on the mobile hotspot on the iPhone and it worked flawlessly. hope this helps
2019-6-20
Use props
Nigelpugh7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4846939 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep we have the same problem with our smart controller.

So we tend to use go share, but as is said above you cant get acces to all the files on the smart controller.

Interestingly we can send a file via Bluetooth to our android phone easily !!
2019-8-24
Use props
LMuliolis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2087779 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansed04aa8f Posted at 2019-4-4 04:37

Android has 87% of the market share vs 13% for iphones...  Your argument is invalid, sorry.
2020-9-1
Use props
djiuser_xOXV6wtuQ1Jw
New

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2019-2-3 09:44

So what *can* you actually upload from the smart controller and to where?
2020-10-10
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_xOXV6wtuQ1Jw Posted at 10-10 13:19
So what *can* you actually upload from the smart controller and to where?

For me vids and pics to the iPhone/iPad via WLAN (Go Share in Go4) works fine. BT doesn’t work.
2020-10-10
Use props
djiuser_UXPXpApeR8Kk
New

United States

Hello all, I have a "Mavic Air 2" with a smart controller and a iPhone.  So is there no way to cache share photos the same way you can with the standard controller?  I am don't see how more efficient the smart controller is over hardwiring my phone to the original controller?  I bought the smart controller expecting improved functionality not additional steps for file transfer after the fact.  It also seems the standard DJI Go or Go 4 is not compatible with the Mavic Air 2 unless I am missing something.  Starting to think I jumped into the smart controller a year or 2 too early.
2021-1-2
Use props
mystical_journey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 772753 ft

Greece

Hello guys! I've recently purchased the Mavic Air 2 along with the DJI Smart Controller & to be honest I was expecting easy functionality on file transfer via Bluetooth (or via USB port) to my MacBook Pro & to my iPhone.I've also got really frustrated once I realised that the DJI Go or DJI Assistant 2 Apps are not compatible with the Mavic Air 2,
while this issue is not well clarified in DJI's website.
I kinda believe that I jumped into the DJI smart controller too early, while there is pretty much "under construction" going on
for its future compatibilities & improvements.
I will try to use the microSD USB adapter in order to transfer my files from the DJI Smart Controller to the Macbook Pro then.
Wishing you all a happy new year & safe flights guys!

PS: Today I tested to fly my Mavic Air 2 in 42km/h 6 Beaufort wind & I got a strong wind warning on my Smart Controller's screen.
The quality of the video is perfect though which seems that the drone & gimball stability operated fine while the drone was struggling against the strong wind.
2021-1-16
Use props
PonyXpress
lvl.1
Flight distance : 968 ft

United States

I too have this issue 2 hours trying with iphone 12 and ipads to no avail.  I'll try the sendanywhere app
2021-1-21
Use props
djiuser_1aqI2pJY18Nx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8581306 ft
United States

I had the same experience.  It’s a real bugger to future out.  I agree with your suggested fix.
2021-1-24
Use props
Aviamar
lvl.1

Portugal

DROJT Posted at 2019-6-20 08:21
Same issue but I resolved but turning on the mobile hotspot on the iPhone and it worked flawlessly. hope this helps

Don't know how you did it then because for me even that doesn't work ;-)
2021-1-29
Use props
Aviamar
lvl.1

Portugal

mystical_journey Posted at 1-16 11:50
Hello guys! I've recently purchased the Mavic Air 2 along with the DJI Smart Controller & to be honest I was expecting easy functionality on file transfer via Bluetooth (or via USB port) to my MacBook Pro & to my iPhone.I've also got really frustrated once I realised that the DJI Go or DJI Assistant 2 Apps are not compatible with the Mavic Air 2,
while this issue is not well clarified in DJI's website.
I kinda believe that I jumped into the DJI smart controller too early, while there is pretty much "under construction" going on

Yeah same here, but it can only be transferred apparently via goshare in combination with your dji GO4 app on your phone. However now my smart controller refuses to share the info via de app ... regarding the higher wind:  I note that the quick shots were acting all weird with the "stronger" winds.
2021-1-29
Use props
Edwcampbell
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2019-2-3 09:44

So I have all Mac products.  What is the best way  to move edited video from the DJI Fly app, running on an RC Pro Controller, to an iPhone or Mac system?

Thank you.
2022-1-25
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Edwcampbell Posted at 1-25 14:52
So I have all Mac products.  What is the best way  to move edited video from the DJI Fly app, running on an RC Pro Controller, to an iPhone or Mac system?

Thank you.

Use the SD card. Transfer the files to it , then to the Mac.
2022-1-25
Use props
Luckynky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 340561 ft
United States

Connect to WiFi, browse to your Dropbox or whatever cloud you use and then upload.  
2023-8-6
Use props
djiuser_8Ubr9ucIwiy7
New

Germany

ro_flyer Posted at 2019-5-2 21:44
No.... DJI is saying that it can't transfer images by bluetooth...

So then how do you do it…???
2023-12-22
Use props
George Kaplan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJIs instructions and documentation needs better quality control. I constantly find issues with there documentation and information I should be getting but don’t. The file transfer problem from the controller to an iPhone is one that I should have been told about by the app telling me  it’s not possible after the transfer failed. Very frustrating I must say!
3-10 16:44
Use props
George Kaplan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

oops!
3-10 16:44
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13331417 ft
  • >>>
United States

George Kaplan Posted at 3-10 16:44
DJIs instructions and documentation needs better quality control. I constantly find issues with there documentation and information I should be getting but don’t. The file transfer problem from the controller to an iPhone is one that I should have been told about by the app telling me  it’s not possible after the transfer failed. Very frustrating I must say!

Don't blame DJI. You're the one who made the bone head decision to buy into a closed ecosystem known as Apple. iPhones have never allowed file sharing over Bluetooth. Android has allowed this for well over a decade.
3-10 19:48
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

George Kaplan Posted at 3-10 16:44
DJIs instructions and documentation needs better quality control. I constantly find issues with there documentation and information I should be getting but don’t. The file transfer problem from the controller to an iPhone is one that I should have been told about by the app telling me  it’s not possible after the transfer failed. Very frustrating I must say!

Hi there. We sincerely apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Rest assured that we will gather this suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. If you are using the DJI RC series controller, please click the link below for the guide on how to export the photos/videos from the controller to your mobile device. Thank you for your understanding and support.

https://support.dji.com/help/con ... p;re=US&lang=en
3-10 21:54
Use props
djiuser_PwNH2aHxOkbf
New

United States

I needed to send some screen shots/videos to DJI support, but although the Bluetooth on the controller discovers my iMac & iPhone, it fails to send because of the ANDROID to APPLE conflict.  I inserted an SD card in the controller.  Then I went to FILE MANAGER in the DJIGO app on the controller, highlight the gallery of images I needed to send  Once they are displayed, press EDIT at the bottom, check off the images to want, then press MOVE and select the SD option.  You then can insert the SD into your MAC and the files are there!
3-26 18:48
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules