1807 7 2015-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Hello,

I had a very strange situation today with my phantom vision+ and the same thing happened to me another day with my Inspire:

Just after takeoff, maybe at 50-60m above ground i started to see on my screen many black points moving. First i said to me that's a transmission problem of the video.
But when i take the Quad a little bit closer to me, i saw a cloud of insects just under and on the side of the props. I heard the noise of the sliced bodies, so i decided to get the Quad back on the ground because the amount of (later i saw these are bees) this sliced bodies everywhere on the props, motors, camera and the shell started to be a safety concern for me.

So i'm not sure about this behaviour of the bees but it seems that the noise of the Props sounds for them like there is a "Queen" in the air and they want to meet her.
Did you have same experiences with your Inspires and Phantoms?
If yes, we should be sure that there are no swarms of bees in the proximity when we get out for a flight.....

Patou

PS: Total flight time was about 1 1/2 minutes
2015-06-05 16.42.54.jpg
2015-6-5
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Thats funny.  

When I was flying on a Farmers field once, showing him the Inspire in flight, he described the noise as being like a swarm of bees.  

All good that you got it back though in once piece.  Experience and lesson learned for all as you don't want to get any bodies in the engines causing failure.
2015-6-5
Use props
Sky High Aerial
lvl.3

Canada

That's awesome!  
Nice paint job.  
Poor bees, hope you got some honey out of it
2015-6-5
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

that is awesome
2015-6-6
Use props
BPoHVoodoo
lvl.2

Germany

that is a killer feature
2015-6-9
Use props
presti
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1329 ft

United States

Maybe you need to buy carbon fiber blades, the sound is a different frequency, I had the same problem and it made a difference for me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pair-9 ... hash=item46273d588c
2015-6-13
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

I think that's why people call the drones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015-6-14
Use props
SoCal Dude
lvl.2
Flight distance : 695650 ft
United States

Here's what they look like in full swarm attack mode...

2016-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules