1949 13 2019-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joe.Mavic.D.HH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi forum members. Being a real fan of DJI products, not to say a helpless product junkie sometimes, I have to make some critical remarks. I think that DJI is misusing their market dominance. Instead of showing some appreciation to their 'valued' customers by creating a conclusive and consistent concept for their product portfolio, they do the contrary.

And this is one of the major mistakes with DJIs company policies (if they  have such). Different developer departments of DJI either don't know  each other or don't talk to each other. Probably it's meant to be  to generate more profit which would be contra productive in the long run. Having state-of-the-art techniques and products isn't enough. A company aiming for long term return of investment needs to have a solid and consistent portfolio concept. A customer like me might accept useability flaws one or two times but then it's enough. Best examples are CrystalSky or the new smart  controller which have been pushed into the market not ready to use (will  they ever be?). I'm lucky to have resited the first impulse of buying the new SRC. Being dependent on Android, which never was the  preferred OS of DJI, they are always far behind regarding firmware and  app updates. Can't understand why they didn't decide to do a cooperation  with Apple to release a controller on a reliable software platform.  Besides, you can't use DJI Select Coupons to buy a SRC, another way of making your customers angry. Next marketing desaster is the charger for the CrystalSky. If you made the  mistake to buy one, you find out that it comes with a charger  but you have to buy an additional power adapter to be able to use it.  That is just ripping off your customers. But it goes on: If you own a  Mavivic Pro Platinum, like I do, with all the accessories like  CrystalSky-mount for the Mavic RC you find out that it works only for  the Pro series, but not for the M2 series due to unnessessary minor  changes on the 'new' RC. An updated one is still not available and  probably never will. Next point: For no obvious rason there is a broad  variety of USB connectors in the DJI product family. Especially the one  on the Mavic Pro and the 'new' designed M2 series drive a lot of users  crazy, because you can easily destroy that outdated USB socket by  inserting a charger plug the wrong way round. This again is absolutely  unnecessary and shows DJIs ignorence to their customers, while other  department seem to have learned their lesson by introducing USB C as new  standard. No stringent concept again. But on the other hand in the case  of the Osmo Pocket (which I couldn't resist to purchase either) this new standard leads to the undesireable  consequence that you can only use it with newer USB C mobiles or  iPhones. Of course no USB adapter for the Osmo Pocket is available for  non USB C phones (yet?). You have to wait for third party support which  is always critical because you always risk voiding your DJI warranty if  they ever find out. I'm really disappointed with DJIs customer relation.  Having spent thousands of euros on 'professional' DJI gear I often  feel  being left alone with problems. DJI literally dorsn't give a damn  on critical comments of their customers as long as this addicted crowd  is still willing to buy their sometimes overpriced, in details outdated  and misconstructed products. The Mods of this forum do their best in  calming down angry customers. But often enough their own company is  letting them down, not providing any substancial information for them.  So often their comments are just a hot air ballon. I hope that some day  DJI will change that nasty unprofessional behaviour or they will lose a  lot of customers. They have to remember that only good products, good  service and good support lead to a good mouth to mouth propaganda. If  this is going down the drain, DJI will realize that their ship is going  to sink as well.

2019-2-3
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-3
Use props
spandit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 65463 ft

United Kingdom

"...as long as this addicted crowd  is still willing to buy their sometimes  overpriced, in details outdated and misconstructed products..."

But yet you still recommend they tie up with Apple?

2019-2-3
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

"Being a real fan of DJI products"

Real fans have at least 3 rows of product badges.... lol
2019-2-3
Use props
Joe.Mavic.D.HH
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-3 12:25
"Being a real fan of DJI products"

Real fans have at least 3 rows of product badges.... lol

I mean it!
But you're right! I'm working on it (if DJI let me use my Select coupons for accessories, like promised!)
2019-2-3
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Word of advice.... never "vendor lock in".... believe me, army of Apple users wished they knew it earlier...
2019-2-3
Use props
Joe.Mavic.D.HH
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

spandit Posted at 2-3 11:44
"...as long as this addicted crowd  is still willing to buy their sometimes  overpriced, in details outdated and misconstructed products..."

But yet you still recommend they tie up with Apple?

I admit, actually no iFan, but whatever you say, never had problems when using my scrapped iPhone for my Mavics. Combination of DJI Go 4 and OS is rock steady and reliable. Can't say the same for my Galaxy S7, my CrystalSky and so forth. I hope for the early buyers, the new SRC won't suffer the same fate.
2019-2-3
Use props
Joe.Mavic.D.HH
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-3 13:55
Word of advice.... never "vendor lock in".... believe me, army of Apple users wished they knew it earlier...

Right, I don't care for apple products usually. But for usage with my Mavics my old iPhone worked flawlessly so far, can't complain!
2019-2-3
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Maybe they should just get their product to work as flawlessly on Android as they do on Apple.  Problem not being Android. Also, Android more widely used, so if more people eat Oranges than Apples, then why on earth would you plant more Apples than Oranges.........
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Joe.Mavic.D.HH, apologies for all the frustrations. Truly, this is not what a valued customer should have. I will escalate this to a higher level of management making sure that this should be taken seriously and be taken on a positive note. We appreciate you taking time of bringing this effort helping us improve ( DJI Mods ) supporting our valued customers. Thank you for always choosing DJI.
2019-2-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I agree customer support needs to quicken with the pace of the number of growing customers, I’m confused about all you say about usb USBC etc it’s clear dji are moving on using usbc more and more.
Crystalsky has been badly supported no doubt, your very wrong about SRC it’s working exceptionally well since it came out, if it’s petty complaints on here your  judging it on then your just using a very jaundiced view.

I suppose dji is a 12 year old company in that time it has seen tremendous growth and using Apple as your benchmark, well at 12 years old Apple had many failed products , products not making it to market or just not being able to deliver in their timeline, they sacked Steve Jobs, the company was in dire straits, but given many many years later the developed many great products and this is the Apple we see today, I do hope dji don’t take as long as Apple did to get all facets of there company up to a standard customers demand in today’s world.

We sometimes forget about the history of how companies grow and develop and the timeframe it takes.
As they say Rome wasn’t built in a day, so hopefully in time the things that need to improve will.
2019-2-4
Use props
Joe.Mavic.D.HH
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2-4 12:12
I agree customer support needs to quicken with the pace of the number of growing customers, I’m confused about all you say about usb USBC etc it’s clear dji are moving on using usbc more and more.
Crystalsky has been badly supported no doubt, your very wrong about SRC it’s working exceptionally well since it came out, if it’s petty complaints on here your  judging it on then your just using a very jaundiced view.

Hi hallmark007,
I know that I'm not in the position to state critical remarks on the SRC because I don't possess one and know nothing about its quality nor its performance. But what bothers me is, customerwise, I can't buy it using my Select Coupons. And the first weeks of its market life show, while based on android, owners complained not to have the same features like on IOS for some time. The same situation I'm still suffering from with my CS.
And regarding my USB confusion I just didn't understand, why M2 series came out again with the old, miserable standard while afaik USB C has been already introduced with the earlier Mavic Air models.
Thanks for fighting yourself through my large post anyway!
2019-2-4
Use props
Joe.Mavic.D.HH
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 2-4 11:28
Hi Joe.Mavic.D.HH, apologies for all the frustrations. Truly, this is not what a valued customer should have. I will escalate this to a higher level of management making sure that this should be taken seriously and be taken on a positive note. We appreciate you taking time of bringing this effort helping us improve ( DJI Mods ) supporting our valued customers. Thank you for always choosing DJI.

Hi Diana,
thank you, I appreciate your response!
Cheers - Joe
2019-2-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Joe.Mavic.D.HH Posted at 2-4 14:26
Hi hallmark007,
I know that I'm not in the position to state critical remarks on the SRC because I don't possess one and know nothing about its quality nor its performance. But what bothers me is, customerwise, I can't buy it using my Select Coupons. And the first weeks of its market life show, while based on android, owners complained not to have the same features like on IOS for some time. The same situation I'm still suffering from with my CS.
And regarding my USB confusion I just didn't understand, why M2 series came out again with the old, miserable standard while afaik USB C has been already introduced with the earlier Mavic Air models.

The dji select is and was a disaster for whatever gullible fool purchased it, and I’m one of them, every time I wanted to use it , it wasn’t available and I used it twice when I didn’t need it, but mine is finished now and I won’t be signing up again, dji saw us coming on that one. And yes you have a good point about M2 RC .
2019-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules