Options for backpack mount with LCD screen facing inwards?
838 16 2019-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

What are the mounting options for the OP with the DJI accessory mount so that the display faces towards the operator instead of facing outwards?  WIth a regular gopro style backpack strap mount, it would mean the OP LCD screen would be facing outwards...
2019-2-3
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

You can use some of the GoPro extensions to turn it around. Also iShoxs makes some flexible rods coated in rubber that you could just twist.
2019-2-4
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

You can use some of the GoPro extensions to turn it around. Also iShoxs makes some flexible rods coated in rubber that you could just twist. I guess it is a matter of time until a 3d party manufacturer does a specific mount...

Capture.JPG
2019-2-4
Use props
OmeSlikkum
lvl.2
Netherlands

With the standard mount that would be very complicated and probably need an whole lot of twists and bents with GP stuff to make it so. I think the best thing you can do is get a mount where you put the bottom in with some thread in it. There are several brands that provide one (skyreat for instance)
2019-2-4
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

There are many mounts available for the Pocket that have a 1/4 x 20 thread.

That, and a Gopro to 1/4 x 20 adaptor will do the trick.

adaptors.jpg
2019-2-4
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Follow up on El Diabolico's lead, I found this:

https://www.ishoxs.com/ishoxs-small-grap-40.html

ishoxs-small-grab-40-aluminum-extension-40-mm-long-made-of-6061-aluminum-die-cas.jpg
2019-2-4
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

That's a good one I have it and I forgot to mention it... getting older I guess lol

The only problem with all the tripod mounts available now, is that they are following the shape of the OP, therefore they cannot be reversed.
2019-2-4
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Curt1591 Posted at 2-4 01:26

Actually, the plastic tabs on the tripod mount work both ways, I guess one can simply attach the Osmo looking the normal way if clearance is no issue, otherwise any ball joint or extension will do.
2019-2-4
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

El Diabolico Posted at 2-4 01:46
That's a good one  I have it and I forgot to mention it... getting older I guess lol

The only problem with all the tripod mounts available now, is that they are following the shape of the OP, therefore they cannot be reversed.

The set up in my first post will allow the OP to face either direction, depending on whether it is offset to the right or left.
2019-2-4
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

Curt1591 Posted at 2-4 01:26

Not sure if I would trust this mount to hold the OP snug... if it loosens up the OP will come sliding off
2019-2-4
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Here's a secure mount from another post: https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... i-osmo-pocket-mount
2019-2-4
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

Nice looking mount, but it seems to run into the same issue with not being able to easily mount on a regular gopro backpack strap mount without modifying the mounts to have the LCD screen facing towards the user?
I wonder if these are currently available now to purchase and if anyone has seen or used these in action to comment on it?
2019-2-4
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

cEQtBhqjyKJB Posted at 2-4 16:14
Nice looking mount, but it seems to run into the same issue with not being able to easily mount on a regular gopro backpack strap mount without modifying the mounts to have the LCD screen facing towards the user?
I wonder if these are currently available now to purchase and if anyone has seen or used these in action to comment on it?

Got to be just a little creative. This would make the adjustment:

adaptor.jpeg
2019-2-4
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

Curt1591 Posted at 2-4 17:09
Got to be just a little creative. This would make the adjustment:

What is the name of that mount or can you direct me to a link to it? thanks
2019-2-4
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Where do you live?

Here, in Bangkok, there are countless places that sell GoPro accessories, both GoPro brand and 3rd party.

Here's an Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/TZN-S03-U ... ywords=gopro+mounts
2019-2-4
Use props
micholix_1
lvl.2
Austria

I use this setup, to mount my OP at my backpack strap, it works pritty well and you can mount the OP facing forward, or rearward!

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product ... 0_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product ... 0_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
And as i have a sony action cam, i use the 1/4 inch 90deg angled screw mount thing of one of those sets:

433C0F27-4D14-4F5F-B833-FD28AB1DA5F9.jpeg
2019-2-5
Use props
micholix_1
lvl.2
Austria

This is how it looks like in natural.

2019-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules