Copying files from internal to external storage?
3036 3 2019-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi there,

I wrote & posted this yesterday but strangely there is no record of it in the forum nor in my profile so I’ll try again.

I have a few flights, some screenshots & screen video captures stored on the internal storage of the Smart Controller.

How do I transfer these to these to the external Micro SD Card mounted in the Smart Controller and ensure all data gets stored on the same external card going forward please?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2019-2-3
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I THINK that you can use the File Manager which is included as one of the apps on the Smart Controller (SC).  To get to the apps screen you can press/hold the back button (upper left) and push the 5D button/stick to the right.  Then you can navigate around the internal files to find what you want and then you can copy/move files by navigating to the sd-card.  

One of the Mod's posted a capture from the manual on how to set up where stuff is saved but I can't find it now.   

Does this link work?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D552%26typeid%3D552

2019-2-3
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 2-3 19:34
I THINK that you can use the File Manager which is included as one of the apps on the Smart Controller (SC).  To get to the apps screen you can press/hold the back button (upper left) and push the 5D button/stick to the right.  Then you can navigate around the internal files to find what you want and then you can copy/move files by navigating to the sd-card.  

One of the Mod's posted a capture from the manual on how to set up where stuff is saved but I can't find it now.   

Thanks for the reply ff22,

Yeah I saw that thread (and posted a question about how to format the SD Card) and even printed the document DJI Mindy printed but it still doesn't appear to work as expected.

As per your suggestion using File Manager I had tried that also...it allowed me to select the 42 screenshots I wanted to transfer from internal storage, allowed me to select external SD Card as the source but when I hit copy it duplicated the 42 screenshots in its internal memory with what looks like no option to delete them!

Maybe I missed a trick here but this is one of many 'issues' I have encountered in my brief time with a DJI product that doesn't seem to make any logical sense and that is coming from someone who has spent 30+ years in IT

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
2019-2-4
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

GlynH Posted at 2-4 02:22
Thanks for the reply ff22,

Yeah I saw that thread (and posted a question about how to format the SD Card) and even printed the document DJI Mindy printed but it still doesn't appear to work as expected.

I will have to test my THEORY! (g)  I actually just put an sd card in the controller.  And did not remember I had ordered a 400G drive.  It shows up but I'm not sure how well it will work.  We are now buried under about 3 inches of snow with really gusty winds - so no flying at the moment although it would probably be gorgeous.

I understand your frustration with Tech and software.  I'm pretty good with it most of the time but on occasion!!!!!!!!!!!!  (self-censored!)   Yes, I go back to be a Cobol Programmer back in the age.

The thing driving me crazy was not being able to get to the Smart Controller using a nice simple usb cord.  GRRRRRRRRRRR.
2019-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules