2992 23 2015-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was landing the craft yesterday on a low battery warning, always bring it home the second the alarm goes off. I looked at the battery status screen and noticed that one of the cells was coloerd yellow and slightly lower than the rest. I have since charged this battery and the carger shut off like it supposed to do when the charging is compete. ALl lights were out on the battery. When I put it in the Insipre, my that same cell still reads a bit low. Is this a bad battery or is this ok?

This is a screen shot of the battery status after landing
IMG_0116.jpg

This is a screen shot of the battery status after a full charge
IMG_0117.jpg

Many thanks,
Houston

2015-6-5
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Hey man, you have a defective cell. Replace the battery. If the battery is 100% fully charged and the voltage values are not the same or at least .01v different, then the cell is bad. Don't fly with it anymore. Good luck!
2015-6-5
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thank you mountmotor, I am on hold with DJI right now as the shop I purchased the battery from only has a 30 day return policy. It sucks DJI does not allow their distributors take care of this sort of thing. Soooo frustrating. I could do this in a few days and now this will take weeks I am sure.

So the tolerance is really that low?

Many thanks,
Houston
2015-6-5
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Houston,

Your aircraft direction on the Radar and map are pointing opposite directions !!  Have you noticed this before.  I have only seen this happen in the simulator.  You may also want to check this on your next flight.

2015-6-5
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GB44, no I never noticed it either way actually. I never really understood what the one in the lower left corner was telling me anyways other than horizon and direction. I am always referring to the one on the map. I had asked this question a while back but never got clarification on it. (See this post)
2015-6-5
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just got off the phone with DJ I and they are having me send the battery back to them. What I'm not very happy about is that once they receive it back I will not get a replacement for 3 to 4 weeks. DJI never ceases to disappointment me. This will put me down to 3 batteries. I was thinking about getting at least another one anyways but still. This should be something they should send out immediately.

Am I wrong to expect this kind of service?

Many thanks,
Houston
2015-6-5
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

houston Posted at 2015-6-6 02:25
Thank you mountmotor, I am on hold with DJI right now as the shop I purchased the battery from only  ...

Yeah...I have confirmed my info with several sources. Always check when the system says that the battery is 100% charged. This is when you get the most accurate values of the cells.
2015-6-5
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

houston Posted at 2015-6-6 02:53
I just got off the phone with DJ I and they are having me send the battery back to them. What I'm no ...

No, you're not wrong.  It's frustrating to all of us.

I have a gyro gimbal that holds my iPhone 6+, which is made by Ikan.  The other day I contacted Ikan and told them that despite properly balancing the gimbal mechanically, it lists to one side.  They took my credit card number and immediately shipped me a replacement (it's 2 months old, BTW), giving me 30 days to return the old one or they would charge my card.

THAT'S the kind of service we expect.  And that's with a $350 item.  It is not unreasonable to expect the same level of service when your investment with a company is ten times that.
2015-6-5
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I agree Pete and I have received this same level of service that you speak about. Why DJI just does not get it is beyond me. I can order a new TB48 battery online from just about anywhere. So why is it that I have to wait 3-4 weeks for DJI to send me one? I believe that the problem is in their check in logistics. I think they might have just one person working 2 hours a day on this. I do not understand why this is soooo slow.
2015-6-5
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-6 02:34
Houston,

Your aircraft direction on the Radar and map are pointing opposite directions !!  Have you ...

In reference to the aircraft not being oriented correctly in both windows, I found out today that if your main map is locked into NORTH always being up,  which is  what I like, then the two will never match unless you happen to turn NORTH. Otherwise you have two indicators with two different modes.
2015-6-5
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-6 02:34
Houston,

Your aircraft direction on the Radar and map are pointing opposite directions !!  Have you ...

After last update of the pilot app I was promted to do a compass calibration of the device (iPhone) i was using ... (the calibration appeared automatic when the pilot app and bird connected).

This should take care of that problem ...
2015-6-5
Use props
Bkackman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3445020 ft
United States

I've been having a similar problem, so I appreciate this post. I have a TB48 that has a cell that is quite a bit below the others. I waited until I had conditioned the battery to see if it would self correct. I did not. I sent a screen shot to DJI, but they said it was not a problem.  Now seeing your post, I intend to pursue this again. Here is the screen shot.
IMG_0501.jpg
2015-6-7
Use props
holbest
lvl.1

United States

Bkackman Posted at 2015-6-8 12:18
I've been having a similar problem, so I appreciate this post. I have a TB48 that has a cell that is ...

[img]You think yours is bad look at this one after I brought the pack down to 0% trying to get it to balance or reset/recalibrate... I know it doesn't show it but the battery has 10 charges on it.

Why do I keep buying DJI products when they won't warranty anything?

2015-6-7
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I really didn't think mine was that bad and maybe the techs on the phone don't really know either. But, they asked for mine back, so i sent it.
2015-6-8
Use props
triise
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1303471 ft
Norway

Same issue. I got a warning that one of my cells was bad. Took of and hovered above the ground for 10 min, recharged and same error.
Have contacted my Norwegian dealer, and they will have to take care of it or give me a refund. 10 charges on this battery BTW.
IMG_3634.jpg
IMG_3635.jpg
IMG_3634.jpg
IMG_3635.jpg
2015-7-2
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I sent mine back, waited a month and and they said there was nothing wrong with the battery. After they told me, that the battery was defective and to send it back and they would replace it. Then i get an email telling me that the battery needed a firmware update. Which it already had. So they sent it back to me and said it was fine. So F&^#ing frustrating they are. I could have done the firmware update again myself if one of their so called brilliant tech support people would have just said to try that. Instead I wasted money and a month short a battery.

2015-7-5
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Here is a bug for your ear Houston. Silly delivery but the info is valid . Unfortunately this will not solve a problem , just sharing my experience . I feel safe in speculating that this could answer a lot of battery issues .

http://forum.dji.com/thread-23242-1-1.html

Even though this was found in my p2 I feel safe in speculating that the inspires power supply is produced by the same vendor as this Smart Battery for the Phantom.

2015-7-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Houston

this is similar to the things I was seeing on my battery. You may wish to check out this thread again.

Remember this thread:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-21481-1-2.html

Rich
2015-7-5
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rich,

Did you ever get this replaced?
2015-7-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

houston Posted at 2015-7-6 11:02
Rich,

No, I never got anyone to answer me. I went on the DJI chat support and provided this photo and they said that the battery was within 5% of the total capacity and that this was normal. So,

I guess this means its okay and just live with the less than total capacity of the pack.  4275 instead of 4500

Rich

2015-7-5
Use props
triise
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1303471 ft
Norway

1 day after my norwegian dealer got it from me, they replied with an e-mail that they had reproduced the error and confirmed my findings. They sent me a new battery the next day
Think I'll stick to buying batteries in Norway, and from Elefun.no, which have super customer service and support.
2015-8-13
Use props
ozgurozden
lvl.2

Turkey

Hello,

I am coming from RC for more than 15 years. I had also same problem on my TB48 3 months ago. In the FIRST flight got an error also for a second. Fourth cell of the battery had 0.3v different than others. It was used only once. With screen shoots i send an email and got a RMA paper. Filled, posted with TB48. It has been arrived just 3 days ago. All the cells are OK now, firmware upgraded, full charged and will consume up to %5. I couldn't do yet.

For your information.
2015-8-16
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

houston Posted at 2015-7-6 11:02
Rich,

Houston

What ever happened with your battery. DJI never answered me back from emails. The chat session tech said the battery was within normal parameters....  Really, it doesn't look like it to me.

Rich
2015-8-16
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-8-17 12:40
Houston

What every happened with your battery. DJI never answered me back from emails. The chat s ...

They sent it back to me and said it was fine.
2015-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules