New iOS app
1180 5 2014-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
barnestormer
New

United States

Hi all,
Any news on an update for the iOS app.  I bought a iPad mini and the fpv images are terrible. I've read that what I need is a  galaxy tab s. I hoping to just upgrade my current app before I have to spend another $500 just to be able to see where I'm going.

2014-11-9
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wouldn't 640x480 look the same on any screen of comparable size? What I mean is if the Galaxy Tab S has a similar screen size as the iPad Mini then the FPV will look the same since it is capped off at 640x480. And if the Galaxy Tab S has a larger screen, or a screen with higher resolution than the iPad Mini, the FPV is going look even worse. Wouldn't it?
2014-11-9
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

Yes Tony is correct .
2014-11-9
Use props
barnestormer
New

United States

What I've read is the iOS app was developed for a screen the size of a iPhone and it doesn't resize the image for a larger screen it just stretches it so the image gets grainy. Very grainy.  The android app, on the other hand, resizes the image and therefore maintains the 640x480 ratio. This is just what I've read on other forums. I have seen screen shots from both operating systems and the difference is very noticeable. I haven't tried an android based tablet yet but I'm working on it.
2014-11-11
Use props
peteroudenes
lvl.2

Netherlands

This is also add to Feature List already:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2014-11-11
Use props
barnestormer
New

United States

What I've read is the iOS app was developed for a screen the size of a iPhone and it doesn't resize the image for a larger screen it just stretches it so the image gets grainy. Very grainy.  The android app, on the other hand, resizes the image and therefore maintains the 640x480 ratio. This is just what I've read on other forums. I have seen screen shots from both operating systems and the difference is very noticeable. I haven't tried an android based tablet yet but I'm working on it.
2014-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules