New Texas law to be signed in September
1853 12 2015-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RonnieBeckett
lvl.2

United States

Making Flying is certain places a criminal offense.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/t ... 481F.pdf#navpanes=0

2015-6-5
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure I would want to shoot any of those things unless someone was paying me anyways. The dams kinds suck cause those would be cool to shoot. I am sure this will no be the end of all this. More to come.
2015-6-5
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Seems you are okay to fly over these structures if you are OVER 400ft
2015-6-5
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

markjacobs.talk Posted at 2015-6-6 02:58
Seems you are okay to fly over these structures if you are OVER 400ft

It's an interesting question as to whether they can make it illegal to fly over, even at a lower altitude.  Since UAS have been deemed to be "aircraft" within the meaning of federal law, it places them outside state law jurisdiction except in terms of where they may take off and land.  Or if they're being used to spy or commit other activity that would be illegal if done in some other way, such as with a ground-based camera using a telephoto lens.  So they can absolutely criminalize flying into and LANDING INSIDE a secured compound, or making contact with anything or anyone there.  But flying over, especially fully above any enclosing fences, may be outside the reach of state law.  It will take some court cases to determine this (and I sure wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of one).
2015-6-5
Use props
RonnieBeckett
lvl.2

United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-6 03:26
It's an interesting question as to whether they can make it illegal to fly over, even at a lower al ...

So would that fall similar to how you can fly over a National/State(not sure which one) legally but you can't land or take off in one?
2015-6-5
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Personally Im not objected to a law platform like this. Who needs to be flying around power plants, jails, dams, etc.  yeah the no damns will suck as they are cool to film, but too many stupid people out there to cause problems for the rest of us.
2015-6-5
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Can totally understand banning flights over prisons.  What a great way to get contraband in!  
2015-6-5
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-6 05:39
Can totally understand banning flights over prisons.  What a great way to get contraband in!

Not exactly the quietest way to get it in there.  
2015-6-5
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

PureSQNut Posted at 2015-6-6 06:13
Not exactly the quietest way to get it in there.

Heh, fly 200 feet up at 30MPH they won't even know you're there!   

Attach a remote servo to release the parachute and voila!   
2015-6-5
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-6 07:28
Heh, fly 200 feet up at 30MPH they won't even know you're there!   

Attach a remote servo to rele ...

And I regress.  
2015-6-5
Use props
homedad
lvl.2
United States

Ever see Dam Nation? 2 guys in kayaks got in trouble for filming near a dam while kayaking on the river. I think they're logic is about terrorism.
2015-6-5
Use props
RPM aerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38593 ft
Canada

I bet if you check a VFR chart, you will see the airspace around prisons is restricted. In Canada 3nm around a prison is a Class F-Restricted control zone. No fly zone for any aircraft at any altitude. However, the bad guys are not really up for obeying flight regs, so there have been attempts at dropping drugs here.
2015-6-5
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

RonnieBeckett Posted at 2015-6-6 04:29
So would that fall similar to how you can fly over a National/State(not sure which one) legally bu ...

Same theory.  The National Park Service controls the parkland, but not the airspace.

With that said, I am not encouraging anyone to act like an idiot.  The fact that something may not technically be a valid law doesn't mean we should all flout it.  Clearly there is no good reason to do practically any of the prohibited activities, especially when you can request permission to do the ones that might actually make sense.
2015-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules