Litchi help
938 7 2019-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Walleye
lvl.4
United States

Hello,
I'm new to Litchi and am trying to arrange a simple circular mission about 1 mile total.  My first waypoint in park, second towards home, third back of home, fourth other side of home and last back near waypoint one.  Waypoint 1 elevation set to 125 ft, other waypoints 150 ft.  When saved and opened with VLM to try a virtual flight the mission just bumps along on the ground, never gains altitude.  What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!
2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Hope that you could the best recommendation in regards to your query from our valued customers. Please always have a safe flight. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Walleye,

You may want to try the new "Above Ground" setting.  This setting makes altitude settings above the Google Earth ground above sea level height.  I have come across it but have not played with it yet.  Look for a setting that notes "Above Ground" as an option.  Altitude is the trickiest part of Litchi!

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-2-5
Use props
Walleye
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2-5 01:41
Aloha Walleye,

You may want to try the new "Above Ground" setting.  This setting makes altitude settings above the Google Earth ground above sea level height.  I have come across it but have not played with it yet.  Look for a setting that notes "Above Ground" as an option.  Altitude is the trickiest part of Litchi!

Thank you Cetacean,

I think that was it!  My initial mission was underground which is why it looked so strange.  I did a very quick mission with "Above Ground" checked and it worked fine.  
Thanks much!

Walleye
2019-2-5
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Walleye Posted at 2-5 07:50
Thank you Cetacean,

I think that was it!  My initial mission was underground which is why it looked so strange.  I did a very quick mission with "Above Ground" checked and it worked fine.  

Aloha Walleye,

Good to hear!  Good luck and have fun.  Fly safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-2-5
Use props
CHASCOADMIN
lvl.4
United States

Did you plan on a mobile device or the website? You can also plan in Google Earth.

ALWAYS use above ground. The other settings are too subjective and easily misunderstood or misused in different terrains and conditions.
2019-2-5
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

I'm still pretty new to Litchi -- what's the trick to get the camera angle to look at my POI once disconnected from the RC?

The camera just keeps looking at the horizon instead what I set it to look?   I realize that it's holding the last angle when it disconnected from the RC but I thought someone had a fix for this?

2019-2-6
Use props
Tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

check out these classes on using Litchi
this guy shows how to use Litchi, goes into good detail on just what Litchi can do.
Helped me understand how to use Litchi in ways that you won't find on youtube, vimeo etc
all the advanced settings, a complete understanding on Litchi, for me at least.

2019-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules