Use waypoints to create "airfast tripod"?
1759 20 2019-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ralph T.
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello,

I read about the new waypoint feature in the updated DJI Go4 app and wonder whether it can be used in a slightly different way.

Imagine a point in the air. I've got my drone at that point, waiting for the (still) image to be taken. Then at some stage I need to change the battery. I wonder if it is possible to make the drone (or the app) remember that particular position so that after changing battery I can just say "now go back to that position"?

Thanks for helping me think and best regards,
Ralph

2019-2-4
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-4
Use props
Ralph T.
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thanks  Brett - great idea!  I kinda knew there must be a way - I just couldn't figure it out Will try asap.

Cheers!
Ralph
2019-2-5
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sorry that this process is not possible for this specific feature. Interrupting the waypoints procedure may require you to repeat the process, or load your saved waypoints again to finish the task. Thanks for understanding.
2019-2-5
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-5
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Brett Brandon Posted at 2-5 17:08
Is this reply for real? Do they actually bother reading the thread?
They don't even know how to use their own product.....

I totally agree!
Maybe they get paid for each post or comment they make?
90% of their comments dont make sense at all...
2019-2-6
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

This is also a good way to do time lapse photography.  If you were building a house or something, you can run a waypoint mission to put your drone at the exact same place each week to take a shot.  Better yet, it can move around to 4 or 5 pre-determined spots and take a shot.  When the house is complete, you can put together a nice video of all of the shots.
2019-2-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Brett Brandon Posted at 2-4 20:43
I would setup two waypoints. Have the start point above you around the Home Point. Make the second waypoint the position you wish to take the picture from and since it is the end, just tell it to hover when mission is over. If you have your RTH Return To Home setup, it should hover there until the battery gets low enough and starts the RTH procedure. When it gets back to the home point, change the battery and start the mission over...

Ah, what a clever approach.
2019-2-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

CineView Media Posted at 2-6 06:43
I totally agree!
Maybe they get paid for each post or comment they make?
90% of their comments dont make sense at all...

I don't think they get paid by number of replies.
And I think I've read somewhere in forum rules or something DJI stuff is excluded from exchanging points for credits.
2019-2-6
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-6 09:31
And I think I've read somewhere in forum rules or something DJI stuff is excluded from exchanging points for credits.

Bots get paid? How does that work?

2019-2-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

GlynH Posted at 2-6 11:52
Bots get paid? How does that work?

Developer of bots get paid... Works very behind the scenes....
2019-2-7
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-6 09:31

So you say that all the admins are bots that auto reply with messages that just guesstimates the correct reply?
2019-2-7
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

CineView Media Posted at 2-7 04:46
So you say that all the admins are bots that auto reply with messages that just guesstimates the correct reply?

Nope... I just said they are prolly not paid by a NUMBER of responses. Obviously, they are paid for responding here... but I don't find any correlation between the NUMBER of responses and their wage amount.
2019-2-7
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-7 04:53
Nope... I just said they are prolly not paid by a NUMBER of responses. Obviously, they are paid for responding here... but I don't find any correlation between the NUMBER of responses and their wage amount.

My point was, that 90% of their replies doesnt make any sense, and are just filling up the threads with unnecessary posts.
2019-2-7
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

CineView Media Posted at 2-7 05:18
My point was, that 90% of their replies doesnt make any sense, and are just filling up the threads with unnecessary posts.

Looks good in forum statistics I guess... Probably some language barrier as well.
2019-2-7
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-7
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Each single photo you take by the drone has hidden details attached, those details are about time camera type and GPS coordinates included. Just need an app that shows them.
2019-2-7
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2-7 09:06
Each single photo you take by the drone has hidden details attached, those details are about time camera type and GPS coordinates included. Just need an app that shows them.

Its called EXIF, and can be revealed by most editing apps, such as Lightroom and Photoshop
2019-2-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can do exactly that, your waypoints are recorded and saved,
2019-2-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s strange people complaining about bots giving wrong standard information, while they give no help at all, just clog up a thread we’re OP is looking for some help.
2019-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules