Popularity of Spark in this forum
1625 25 2019-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Just noticed that Spark subforum is second most active in this forum judging by number of comments as seen on near the top of each subforum.
I was following those figures for at least a week now.

First is obviously Mavic but there is Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, Platinum, 2 versions of Mavic 2 etc.... so there is a plenty of them.
There is even more Phantoms and there is a couple of Osmos as well but when you see Spark series on the dji page, there is only one.
And here in forums it beats all except Mavics....

And that leads me to the conclusion that Spark might be the single most popular DJI drone or close second after the Mavic Pro?
What do you think? Does Spark series deserve to be extended with Spark 2?

2019-2-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing your thoughts. We will consider this as a suggestion and forward this to our designated department to see if we could possibly provide an upgraded version of the DJI Spark. We would recommend paying attention to our website for further updates on upcoming DJI Products. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-4
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Yes, if and when a spark 2 comes along!
2019-2-4
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Spark was a revolutionary drone when it was released, and is still a very capable little flyer. However, if I'd had the option of selecting between Spark and Mavic Air when I purchased, I would have opted for the Air .. apart from price it beats Spark in every way (even packs smaller for travelling). It will be interesting to see if a Spark 2 is ever released though.
2019-2-4
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

DJI Tony Posted at 2-4 14:08
Hi, thanks for sharing your thoughts. We will consider this as a suggestion and forward this to our designated department to see if we could possibly provide an upgraded version of the DJI Spark. We would recommend paying attention to our website for further updates on upcoming DJI Products. Thank you for continued support.

would there be a software upgrade for the spark or a new spark model ?
2019-2-4
Use props
wimherman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

I find the Spark community also very special and helping.. Dunno how that is on the other forums.. but here its Nice to be
2019-2-4
Use props
StetsonWatkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1871611 ft
United States

I love the Spark but might upgrade to the Mavic as time goes on.. I love the DJI products so far though!
2019-2-4
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

The Spark was the entry level drone for those wanting to dip their toes in the DJI drone world.  See if they want to swim in these waters or if the drone would wind up a dust magnet.  It does everything I need and has been far handier than I expected.
Spark Glide 3.gif
2019-2-4
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

forbsie Posted at 2-4 15:12
Spark was a revolutionary drone when it was released, and is still a very capable little flyer. However, if I'd had the option of selecting between Spark and Mavic Air when I purchased, I would have opted for the Air .. apart from price it beats Spark in every way (even packs smaller for travelling). It will be interesting to see if a Spark 2 is ever released though.

Well, mass is also Spark advantage.... with 3, 4 batteries, charger etc... in its bag, it's less than 1.5kg. Didn't weight MavAir with that combo but it would be at least 1kg more I guess. Kind of important if you're lightweight hiker/traveller.
2019-2-4
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-4 23:47
Well, mass is also Spark advantage.... with 3, 4 batteries, charger etc... in its bag, it's less than 1.5kg. Didn't weight MavAir with that combo but it would be at least 1kg more I guess. Kind of important if you're lightweight hiker/traveller.

True, I hadn't thought of weight. I'll have to weigh both and see.
2019-2-5
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-4 23:47

Mavic Air battery is 140 g vs Spark battery is 95g. For 4 batteries it will be 180 g difference. Plus 200 g difference between Spark and MA weight. So actually it's less then 400g.
Indeed Spark deserves a descendant, there are some things they can improve. I personally feel luck of positioning stability, influence of any the slightest interference, wierd acting with need to 3-axe movement and so on.
But I think few of current Spark owners will buy next model of Spark rather then MA or even M2P.
2019-2-5
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-5 01:30
Mavic Air battery is 140 g vs Spark battery is 95g. For 4 batteries it will be 180 g difference. Plus 200 g difference between Spark and MA weight. So actually it's less then 400g.
Indeed Spark deserves a descendant, there are some things they can improve. I personally feel luck of positioning stability, influence of any the slightest interference, wierd acting with need to 3-axe movement and so on.
But I think few of current Spark owners will buy next model of Spark rather then MA or even M2P.

You have a point here actually. On the other side, DJI has little to no incentive to fix some of things in software....
2019-2-5
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-5 01:59
You have a point here actually. On the other side, DJI has little to no incentive to fix some of things in software....

Suspect these are more hardware weaknees (processor, operational memory). I think that's why we haven't 4K in video even camera can provide it in foto.
2019-2-5
Use props
Outlier22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328474 ft
United States

Me too.  I love my Spark but would have kicked down extra for Mavic air becuase 1) it folds up smaller to bring on hikes, mountain bike rides, vacations, etc.. 2) back facing sensor to avoid collisions filming backward, 3) 3 axis gimbal.  (does the mavic air gimal work in sport mode?)
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Proteous Posted at 2-4 16:17
would there be a software upgrade for the spark or a new spark model ?

Hi, we're sorry that as of the time being, there will be no software update or new spark version. You may pay attention to our website for further updates.  Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-5
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Outlier22 Posted at 2-5 07:25
Me too.  I love my Spark but would have kicked down extra for Mavic air becuase 1) it folds up smaller to bring on hikes, mountain bike rides, vacations, etc.. 2) back facing sensor to avoid collisions filming backward, 3) 3 axis gimbal.  (does the mavic air gimal work in sport mode?)

I'm not sure if the gimbal works in sports mode. When I fly in sports mode it is not for filming purposes, so I've never really noticed. Have to give it a try though. Cheers
2019-2-5
Use props
fans6f66f9da
lvl.4
United States

also, representation of the drone. the mavic is bigger when unfolded than the spark. so, if you have scared, grumpy neighbors and mad police next door and are just flying for hobby purposes, spark may be the way to go, unless you don't depend on price.
2019-2-5
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I think Spark is popular because it is a capable camera drone for a price many can afford. Sure, I'd like a Mavic 2 Pro.
2019-2-5
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans6f66f9da Posted at 2-5 15:03
also, representation of the drone. the mavic is bigger when unfolded than the spark. so, if you have scared, grumpy neighbors and mad police next door and are just flying for hobby purposes, spark may be the way to go, unless you don't depend on price.

There's really not as much of a difference in size as you would think. Sure it is bigger but Air is still a really small drone for its capabilities.

2019-2-5
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-5 01:30
Indeed Spark deserves a descendant, there are some things they can improve. I personally feel luck of positioning stability, influence of any the slightest interference, wierd acting with need to 3-axe movement and so on.

Are you flying in FCC mode on your Spark?

Flysafely
Alex
2019-2-5
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Alex B. Posted at 2-5 16:37
Are you flying in FCC mode on your Spark?

Flysafely

Hello! Of cause I fly only in FCC. I flew in CE first month after gettind the drone and it was a pretty wierd experience. Now, with FCC, situation is quite well. I haven't lost transmission since switched to the mode, but problems that I observed is not concerned with CE. It's absolutely hardware weaknesses.
2019-2-5
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Best to ask in a general forum. Obviously this is a Spark forum, so the responses may be biased.   Spark 2? Nothing wrong with Spark 1. If you want more, upgrade to Mavic or Phantom etc? Everything has a price tag, related to features. I can buy a VW or a Porche - same origin but different performance, markets & price tags. I doubt if they will combine. Buy one or the other or both. Simple. Combine them & you will end up with a toothless tiger. Just my thoughts....
2019-2-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Sparkz71 Posted at 2-6 08:19
Best to ask in a general forum. Obviously this is a Spark forum, so the responses may be biased.   Spark 2? Nothing wrong with Spark 1. If you want more, upgrade to Mavic or Phantom etc? Everything has a price tag, related to features. I can buy a VW or a Porche - same origin but different performance, markets & price tags. I doubt if they will combine. Buy one or the other or both. Simple. Combine them & you will end up with a toothless tiger. Just my thoughts....

With that way of thinking there would never be Phantom 2, 3, 4.... Mavic 2, Inspire 2, OM 2 etc...
2019-2-6
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-6 09:00
With that way of thinking there would never be Phantom 2, 3, 4.... Mavic 2, Inspire 2, OM 2 etc...

They exist. Do you want a Spark, Mavic, Phantom. Or to you want a real jet plane or helicopter?
My mind is not closed, just thinking reasonably, based on budget & needs.
Why do they still make 'affordable' light aircraft? If I want a single engine plane or a 2 engine Jet or a 4 engine jet to travel across the world - that is my choice. It does not mean I don't accept the greater opportunities - but I'm not going to compare Spark to a Mavic or Phantom in THIS forum. I'd rather go to the related forums & learn there.  Fair go! We know the military have much more advanced drones, but it does not relate to the Spark forum.    Maybe ask for a Spark V2 forum, then we might be able to relate. Spark is Spark.
2019-2-6
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

I hate spark.. bad idea.. bad camera.. bad signal.. i hate it..
2019-2-11
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

tjalex Posted at 2-11 04:41
I hate spark.. bad idea.. bad camera.. bad signal.. i hate it..

Yeah, haters gonna hate...
2019-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules