1767 25 2019-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

since no one else has really posted a visual size comparison. heres my new SRC with my old RC and Tab S2 8in tablet. both screens were set to auto brightness

mavic 2 remotes.jpg

might take a bit getting used to going from 8in screen to the 5.5in but the pros out weighed my cons
2019-2-4
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for posting...not that it mattered to me as I went straight to the Smart Controller so the only comparison I have was a quick hands-on my friends standard controller!

I have Auto Brightness switched off and the screen set to 50% and find it is bright enough at all times although I may have to revise that opinion when/if the summer ever gets here...

I was worried that despite my having flown my P3P using an iPad Air 2 for a few days set to 100% brightness I would struggle to read the Smart Controller display but it is so clear & sharp I need not have worried even though I have to wear glasses for reading the text on both displays.

I really like the feel of the SRC in the hand where it feels solid & weighty enough but not unbalanced.

I also really appreciate the clean, proportionate lines with no cables etc.

Here's hoping DJI can resolve the outstanding niggles I and others have left such as being able to update the aircraft instead of throwing the inaccurate 'not connected' error message, being able to login to YouTube to live stream, registering the aircraft etc.

I have an RMA for my Smart Controller but as I bought it as part of a package if I send it back I have no other controller to use so I am unable to fly.

I don't think its fair to leave me without a controller and not being able to fly having spent £2227 on the whole bundle 20 days ago so I respectfully asked DJI if it might be possible to send me a replacement controller and upon receipt send this one back but I will leave you to guess their response to that!

Here's hoping then that they can fix via software/firmware much like they resolved the serial number, SD Card issues etc.

-=Glyn=-
2019-2-5
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ve also seen people asking about a case for the SRC and although not strictly a case the genuine DJI Mavic sleeve is IMHO a perfect fit.

I originally bought this by mistake for my Mavic 2 but never used it because it seemed a slightly tight fit and I wasn’t comfortable stuffing it into the sleeve and it was only then I realised my mistake and ordered the correct sleeve for the Mavic 2!

Thinking it was not worth sending it back it sat there for a couple of days before I had an epiphany and tried putting the SRC into it finding it just the job.

I know it’s probably overkill having both the Mavic 2 Pro and the SRC cocooned in their sleeves and then both fitting in the Fly More Kit bag but for me it’s ideal.

The inside of the sleeves have a lovely soft velour type of fleece and the outside is made of a hard wearing nylon type of material;
C465DAFA-C8C3-4FE7-90E8-A4125DD1E7C2.jpeg
16B15BCA-EADD-405A-ACA3-AA2D691FB5FA.jpeg
A5DE24E0-EB21-45E9-AFC7-ED8E6C41B670.jpeg
2019-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The new SRC does look very compact and will be easier to handle during flight. Good comparison.
2019-2-5
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm feeling guilty now for hijacking your thread TruGreen but I just ordered one of these!

Seemed a shame to keep it to myself...see link & pic below;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 0_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I might even end up binning the lanyard itself and fitting a couple of the Op/Tech Uni-Loops I use on my camera gear, binoculars etc. that allow you to quickly attach/detach various neck/shoulder/chest/ straps, slings & harnesses;

https://optechusa.com/uni-loop.html

2019-02-05 (2).png
2019-2-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice comparison.
2019-2-5
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GlynH Posted at 2-5 04:05
I'm feeling guilty now for hijacking your thread TruGreen but I just ordered one of these!

Seemed a shame to keep it to myself...see link & pic below;

nope you fine. im also interested in a lanyard. but want a folding ring option so its more compact and will fit into the case without removing the rings
2019-2-5
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

also this is a great case the DJI hard protector case. fit either RC

2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day TruGreen. Thank you for posting this comparison information. Great work and thank you for supporting DJI.
2019-2-5
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TruGreen Posted at 2-5 06:25
nope you fine. im also interested in a lanyard. but want a folding ring option so its more compact and will fit into the case without removing the rings

Thanks!

Looking at the picture the Skyreat lanyard doesn't have rings just threaded bolts that screw into the SRC and a small hole drilled through the cap head of the bolt.

Just look at the second picture on the Amazon page I linked to earlier...don't think you can get much neater than that?

I'll be able to let you know tomorrow when mine arrives...

There will only be the heads of the bolts and I think they would happily sink their way into whatever foam is under the bottom of the SRC.

HTH

-=Glyn=-
2019-2-5
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GlynH Posted at 2-5 08:25
Thanks!

Looking at the picture the Skyreat lanyard doesn't have rings just threaded bolts that screw into the SRC and a small hole drilled through the cap head of the bolt.

well no im more soo meaning like this. but cant find any the right threading

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/pY0AAOSwHhpZ5ByQ/s-l300.jpg
2019-2-5
Use props
djiuser_Z4SEwKBQIpRk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178688 ft
Canada

TruGreen Posted at 2-5 06:25

I got these D-rings from Home depot. The D-rings fold down so the remote fits in the "fly more"bag. I keep the lanyard on as well.
The SunnyLife and Skytreat attachments rings make it difficult to fit into the "Fly More"bag......most likely you will have to unscrew rings to fit in bag.

So i just pop out the remote, hang it around my neck. Grab my Mavic Zoom and i'm good to go.
20190126_195150.jpg
2019-2-5
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

2019-2-5
Use props
IcannotThinkOfAName
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing!
2019-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

GlynH Posted at 2-5 03:37
I’ve also seen people asking about a case for the SRC and although not strictly a case the genuine DJI Mavic sleeve is IMHO a perfect fit.

I originally bought this by mistake for my Mavic 2 but never used it because it seemed a slightly tight fit and I wasn’t comfortable stuffing it into the sleeve and it was only then I realised my mistake and ordered the correct sleeve for the Mavic 2!

I have half a dozen of these bags I find them great for Mavic Pro/mavic2/SRC/ I use them for lenses of my DSLR, But one of the best things I find with them I putting them over my hands very cozy, LOL
2019-2-6
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2-6 05:20
I have half a dozen of these bags I find them great for Mavic Pro/mavic2/SRC/ I use them for lenses of my DSLR, But one of the best things I find with them I putting them over my hands very cozy, LOL

<chuckle>

I agree the sleeve/bags are very nice. Hardwearing on the outside and very soft on the inside.

I have three of them now but will probably end up giving one to a friend with a Mavic 2 Pro.

-=Glyn=-
2019-2-6
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

so just received my tempered glass screen guard for the SRC. Its nice the screen on the RC is slightly recessed so when installed the screen guard sits flush and level with the rest of the SRC surface
2019-2-9
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2-9 07:13
so just received my tempered glass screen guard for the SRC. Its nice the screen on the RC is slightly recessed so when installed the screen guard sits flush and level with the rest of the SRC surface

Might you post a link?  Thanks.
2019-2-9
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Did you fly with the smart RC yet?
2019-2-9
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2-9 15:53
Did you fly with the smart RC yet?

been crazy busy these past few days. and the few days i wasnt it was raining
2019-2-9
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 2-9 15:17
Might you post a link?  Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-5-Tou ... 2057872.m2749.l2649
2019-2-9
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2-9 20:44
https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-5-Toughened-glass-film-9H-Protective-Screen-for-DJI-MAVIC-2-Smart-Controller/113611178687?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Thanks.  Appreciate it.
2019-2-9
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2-9 20:43
been crazy busy these past few days. and the few days i wasnt it was raining

Crazy busy on what dude? it is your off season and it doesn't rain 24hours a day
2019-2-9
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2-9 21:00
Crazy busy on what dude? it is your off season and it doesn't rain 24hours a day

im setting up a fair
2019-2-9
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 2-9 20:59
Thanks.  Appreciate it.

welcome, now if only i can find a good lanyard with folding loops
2019-2-9