EASA regulation
1982 7 2019-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

Good morning to the community,
I wonder what will be of our current drones once the EASA rules will be released.
According to these rules, for example, a Mavic Pro belongs to A1C1 open category, which is a great news, but not being tagged CE A1C1 from DJI, starting from 2022 will be classified A1C3, which is not so nice...
Will DJI release a certification for the older models such as the Mavic Pro, so that we will be able to use it as an A1C1 drone even after 2022?

Thanks
2019-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m not sure it’s possible for dji to issue certifications on older craft, but having attended a number of conventions arranged by EASA, there will be a tolerance, so Mavic may well come within this tolerance.
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mgozer. Thank you for reaching out and for this information you have given us today. As of the moment we do not have any information with regards to this matter ( EASA Regulation ). For the latest news and updates on the said matter. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for further details. Thank you.
2019-2-5
Use props
spandit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65463 ft

United Kingdom

How confident are you that your Mavic Pro will still be flying in 2022?
2019-2-5
Use props
Mgozer
lvl.4
Switzerland

spandit Posted at 2-5 10:44
How confident are you that your Mavic Pro will still be flying in 2022?

Since it is still a good machine, I am more than confident that it will be used for a long time.
2019-2-5
Use props
spandit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65463 ft

United Kingdom

Mgozer Posted at 2-5 23:22
Since it is still a good machine, I am more than confident that it will be used for a long time.

Wish I shared your confidence!
2019-2-9
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Mgozer Posted at 2-5 23:22

Well I'm expecting 5000 hours flight time - which equates to 1667 charge cycles on each of my current three batteries. Or put it another way, if one flew using 3 batteries for 1.5 hours a day for 365 days a year, that would be about 9 years!
2019-2-9
Use props
Kanaloa6779
lvl.3
Flight distance : 467946 ft
Austria

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-5 09:50
Hello and good day Mgozer. Thank you for reaching out and for this information you have given us today. As of the moment we do not have any information with regards to this matter ( EASA Regulation ). For the latest news and updates on the said matter. Kindly please visit our official website at www.dji.com for further details. Thank you.

Hallo, do you already have any further information?
2019-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules