Taking Photograph confirmation
511 11 2019-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Perhaps I am missing something but I have missed a few shots (photographs) because looking at the screen it is not too obvious if a picture was taken after focusing.

Would it be possible to have a full screen confirmation of the picture taken for maybe one or two seconds before reverting to the flight info screen?
2019-2-5
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As long as its a preference that can be toggled on or off as thats the last thing I want to see on my screen!

I *think* my Smart Controller might make the shutter sound after taking a photograph or maybe I'm confusing that with the screen capture...
2019-2-5
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-5
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Brett Brandon Posted at 2-5 06:56
When you take a picture there is a shutter sound played. There is a beep sound for focus. Turn the volume up full and that should help. It also animates the shutter button on the screen while it is taking a picture.
Thanks Brett. The shutter button animation is very easy to miss. I will play with the sound settings.
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. Regarding that, I can forward this suggestion to our R&D team for future request. For the meantime, you may refer to Shutter sound and Focus sound when taking photos. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-2-5
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

even to me it happened during a flight to make 4/5 photos and then not find them in memory, volatilized! I had created a 3ad here but no one had answered!
2019-2-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I know. I missed some shots too....
2019-2-6
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-6
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Brett Brandon Posted at 2-6 19:08
I wish there was some sort of indicator flashing while recording video. There has been a few times I thought the video was running and it was not.

Agree.

I think all recording modes (including photography) need clearer confirmation.
2019-2-7
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Technically, it would be possible.... will it happen as an app upgrade? Probably not.
2019-2-7
Use props
DMJPix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89209 ft
United States

I too have been training myself to watch the circular animation around the orange button when taking stills as "capture confirmation". I too have turned the volume up full to hear the fake shutter button. I am also a Yuneec Typhoon H pilot and they flash a short text message on the screen, "capture complete" when taking pictures, which is very helpful. It also has a blinking tally light when recording video, which is the standard in real video cameras.

I am finding the shutter release button on the SC to be "laggy", not trigger-finger hyper responsive, and finding I occasionally have to mash the shutter button to take a picture. Wearing winter gloves and getting the shutter to release is sometimes not a sure thing. Hoping that can be addressed in software releases.
2019-2-7
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I have once again have missed photographs ... .

I made sure I focused and then pressed the shutter again.

Several pics missed and getting a little annoyed with the lack of visible confirmation after taking photos.

It seems very, very easy to do so.

DJI please consider increasing visual confirmation after shutter press, either by briefly displaying the shot or some banner/text.

Thank you
2019-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules