Woah! Love the stickers!

Thank you..
2016-4-19
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Nice! Thx for making this post! So majority of pple have total of 2 or 3 batteries looks like? Sweet! I got 2 so far.. I was considering 3, but considering the cost, no more.. unless DJI will do some special promotion ;) Just for me ;)
2016-4-20
Use props
gtokarsk
lvl.4
United States

I do not see, how many people actually voted? Do you know? But, overall, it sure looks like in general total or 2 or 3 batteries is the trend.
GT
2016-5-14
Use props
Skyrider
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-5-15
Use props
MotleyParker
New

Macao

Just 2 and looking for add more when it's the time.
2016-5-15
Use props
pvb.samuel
lvl.2

Portugal

i think that buy more than 2 extra batteries is completely unseless...
2016-5-16
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

pvb.samuel Posted at 2016-5-17 04:35
i think that buy more than 2 extra batteries is completely unseless...

Clearly you don't go far from home, or shoot much video once you do, or fly more than an hour before quitting for the day, or go camping where you can't charge your batteries via AC every evening, or program in waypoint missions that are long, or program waypoint missions that require test flights and tweeking of settings, or work commercially with (or for any reason that would require you to have) requirements to shoot a scene with more than one to several takes each, or ...   

Maybe what you meant to say is "More than extra 2 batteries is completely useless for my purposes".

2016-5-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I could easily live without my three extra intelligent batteries and this second 100w charger.
But it would be a miserable excistance and the solo singular one off battery pack, would be awfully lonely in that backpack, by itself. ;-)

So yes we Do rejoice with bellowing laughter, & much boisterous singing and merriment ensues.

RedHotPoker
2016-5-24
Use props
gosports1
lvl.2

United States

I have a total of 3 Batteries for my Dji  Phanton  3 Pro  and just received my 2 nd battery charger. I can keep my remote on ( 1 )and charge the quad copter battery with the other Have a good day gosports
2016-5-24
Use props
a_aviator
lvl.1

Have extra 2
2016-9-15
Use props
cwong42
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3504731 ft
United States

I have total of 3 batteries and thinking about the fourth ;-)
2016-9-16
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

OK..I hope this is relevant to the thread here, but I have a 2nd battery now. But it's not the DJI one. It's another one I bought for cheaper on Amazon. The ratings is very good. I' will test it this weekend, compared to the stock battery. With all the money going to a lot of other accessories: backpack, lens filters, gimbal guard, hood shield, etc. I don't have a ton of money left over for a DJI battery that's over $125. I bought the other one for less than $90. I hope it doesn't pose a problem. From the reviews, it doesn't seem like it. The green light is a little faint. Outside that, there's no difference.
2016-9-16
Use props
roger.crawford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Blackbeagle Posted at 2016-9-16 21:34
OK..I hope this is relevant to the thread here, but I have a 2nd battery now. But it's not the DJI o ...

Personally, I'm not willing to chance losing all shred of warranty and/or my bird for $35. If $35 is make or break for someone I'd have to suggest a cheaper hobby.

I have 6 batteries total.

2016-9-16
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

Blackbeagle Posted at 2016-9-16 14:34
OK..I hope this is relevant to the thread here, but I have a 2nd battery now. But it's not the DJI o ...

RETURN THE BATTERY ASAP

Although you think your saving money by purchasing the non cheaper DJI battery, the non dji batteries will not work with recent firmware, do not know exactly which firmware version (think 1.8.60) when dji released the fw update making all non dji batteries useless.

Also providing you find the said fw that accepts non dji batteries in the event you have a issue that requires a warranty repair(esc,compass module etc)its highly unlikely DJI would honour the warranty repair due to using a non dji battery.

I have 2  p3 dji batteries,yes they are expensive but for the sake of your safety,phantom 3's safety,event of warranty repair not being honoured due to non dji battery its just not worth the mear $30 saving.

2016-9-16
Use props
r.powell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-16 13:18
RETURN THE BATTERY ASAP

Although you think your saving money by purchasing the non cheaper DJI ba ...

As stated above for a few dollars saved buying a non DJI battery, its not worth the loss of warranty & I;ve already heard a couple of horror stories about, Non DJI battery loosing a cell in flight.
Just watch for sales. We(neighbour flying a 3 pro) just bought 2 each from Best buy for 90 bucks each.
2016-9-16
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 790758 ft
Vanuatu

Running a biz in the South Pacific so given +2 spares purchased and +1 additional P3S, that makes a total of 4 batteries all up that I carry at any given time.
2016-9-16
Use props
JpNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 428245 ft
Netherlands

3 extra batteries, all in one case including the Remote Controller and P3S + extras.
Always everything with you, and it's easy to carry.
2016-9-16
Use props
n.shtykov
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71778 ft
Russia

I use 2 batteries, that's more then I need, cause I use standard sd card, 16gb
2016-9-17
Use props
glockenbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1211414 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since I have 2 Phantom 3's and three batteries it's one extra or two extra, depends on how you look at it!
2016-9-18
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

I have two extras total of 3
2016-9-18
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

I also have a car charger and the three batteries I'll fly on the 2nd or the 1st is Cooling by the time on my third I'm charging the first you can't charge a battery immediately after you run it
2016-9-18
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

I love having 3 total, would not mind adding a 4th...  Maybe one day.. I rarely not use all 3 in one session! ;)
2016-9-30
Use props
ekcook
lvl.2
Flight distance : 553914 ft

Just one extra for now, will probably add one more to the collection before much longer.
2016-10-1
Use props
MGR57
lvl.2

United States

I bought 2 extra for a total of 3
2016-10-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I would Luv me three more for a total of Seven...

RedHotPoker

2016-10-1
Use props
huntatwork
lvl.1

Australia

How are people affording to buy so many batteries? My P3S cost $800 last week, and spare batteries are $260!!! That seems insane. 1/3 the cost of the whole drone, which already comes with a battery.

They much be making a stonking of you suckers with 4+ batteries lol
2016-10-2
Use props
Tanel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291056 ft
Croatia

huntatwork Posted at 2016-10-3 00:11
How are people affording to buy so many batteries? My P3S cost $800 last week, and spare batteries a ...

We cry and buy
2016-10-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

huntatwork Posted at 2016-10-2 15:11
How are people affording to buy so many batteries? My P3S cost $800 last week, and spare batteries a ...

I live up here in Alberta Canada, the richest province in my country, for starters. If you fly at any regular intervals, and not only in the back yard, a few extra flight battery packs become essential.
Why would I bother to travel out to www.ercha.ca with just one flight battery, or even only two? Yes we have a diesel generator at the heli field, but I don't ever need to use it. ;-)
If you love your drone, and enjoy spending time flying it, an extra intelligent flight battery or more, becomes mandatory.

Buying a pricey drone, and but only one flight battery is perhaps more suited for you weekend warriors. Not us dyed in the wool, freedom fighter pilots.

Each to their own, but there's no reason to judge others choices. What ever floats your drone, is to your best advantage.

RedHotPoker
2016-10-2
Use props
huntatwork
lvl.1

Australia

I wasn't judging.
I'm just blown away at the cost of the battery - that's all.

2016-10-2
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

huntatwork Posted at 2016-10-3 07:05
I wasn't judging.
I'm just blown away at the cost of the battery - that's all.

Sorry they're so high there.

The price ratio for craft/battery was larger for me: ~$1,200US for the P3P and $120-150US for the batteries. Perhaps when the 3 line is really kaput, you'll get better discounts on the batteries down there.

Chris
2016-10-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-10-2
Use props
cranium_project
New

United States

I have four extra batteries, so five total.  I've found that the more batteries I have the more "I want to Fly".  I agree with RedHotPoker, I can only haul around four with the backpack.  
2016-10-3
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-17 01:18
RETURN THE BATTERY ASAP

Although you think your saving money by purchasing the non cheaper DJI ba ...

Is there any concrete proof that you cannot update the firmware once you buy a non-DJI battery? I have one non-DJI battery. It stated that the firmware is recent. I've flown it multiple times now with zero problem. Not to say that it will last forever and be just as good, but the cynic in me asks, "Is this a ploy on DJI's part to get more sales?".
2016-10-3
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

Blackbeagle Posted at 2016-10-3 22:04
Is there any concrete proof that you cannot update the firmware once you buy a non-DJI battery? I  ...

which p3 do you have ? which fw version do you have on your p3 ?
Its well known that DJI released the 1.8.60 ( could be earlier version) fw with a update to disable non Genuine DJI batterys, many users who have purchased non genuine DJi have reported that they are unable to take of at all,battery error displayed on the dji go app,not showing any battery info- volts/% charge etc.

This is why i have seen many of these 3rd party batterys selling on gumtree (similar to your craigslist) ebay etc.
2016-10-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

cranium_project Posted at 2016-10-3 14:58
I have four extra batteries, so five total.  I've found that the more batteries I have the more "I w ...

Now that I will soon have the Nanuk 945 with extra storage capacity, I will be buying a couple more in the near future.
https://nanuk.com/nanuk-945-dji
It's actually stress relieving, to be up there with the birds and bats at night... Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-10-4
Use props
starfighters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
United Kingdom

I have 4.the one included in the box,3 more purchased apart...
2016-10-5
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
Belgium

3 batteries in total here.
2016-10-5
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

One extra so total of 2 batteries
Definetly need to get at least 2 more
Phantom 3 Pro
2016-10-26
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I bought 1 extra so giving me 2 in total.

I fly a lot of other models so basically 50 mins duration on my Standard should see me nicely. Once I have significant time on the drone - then I may look at more.

Nigel
2016-11-5
Use props
ezdrew430
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195151 ft

United States

One extra right now. Two extra would be nice, I doubt I would ever need more than 3.
2016-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules