United States

One extra for me but plan on getting one more  
2017-2-14
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

I have 2 batteries for my P3 4K and 3 for my P3 Pro.
2017-3-1
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

I purchased 3 extra batteries on top of the 1 my phantom came with. This allows me at least 1 full hour of flight time at any location.
2017-3-1
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I think it really depends on how much flying you wish to do at any given time. I have a total of two batteries.  Only rarely do I use the 2nd one during any single outing.  Most often, I'm tired and finished flying after the first battery runs low on power.  I'm sure many of the others on this forum can go through several battery charges when out for a day of flying.  So take your time and decide just how much time you'll spend out there - that will tell you how many you need.  Flying can wear you out.  
2017-4-19
Use props
HiTechRob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14065 ft
United States

I own a total of 5 Intelligent Flight batteries for my P4P+.  If you fly most of the day, you need that many - or more.
2017-4-19
Use props
Quad Zeppelin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1073100 ft
United States

I bought a P4 bundle that came with 3 batteries. That was great for a while but, when I started traveling to fly I found that it would be beneficial to have more fly time. Best Buy has them on sale right now so yesterday I picked up 2 more. In my opinion, you should get at least 2 batteries for your bird. Good luck.
2017-4-19
Use props
Dalork
lvl.2
Australia

I have 2 OEM batteries, would like 3 or 4 in total one day but just too costly here in Australia so for now making do with those 2. Which so far has been ample, in fact 90% of the time I have only needed the one battery but if going away camping or for holidays more would certainly make life easier
2017-4-19
Use props
hward51
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144 ft

United States

Just caught a sale for new at $74 each for P3-A.  Had to buy 2 more.
2017-4-20
Use props
fansb203c1b1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144170 ft
Canada

dmwierz Posted at 2015-6-5 13:27
My guess is your results aren't accurate. What are the odds that 42% of people have 4 or more batteries?

I do.. .I have 5
2017-4-20
Use props
Dalork
lvl.2
Australia

hward51 Posted at 2017-4-20 06:56
Just caught a sale for new at $74 each for P3-A.  Had to buy 2 more.

Wow, is that genuine OEM? Nice buy, I've seen a couple of sales but none that would ship to where I live sadly.
2017-4-20
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

Two batteries right now.     No plans to buy anymore yet.
2017-5-10
Use props
pilotbavaria
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2058891 ft
Germany

Now 5, thats enough. Desperately seeking a Car Charger to get them load.
2017-6-9
Use props
fans72aa2ed1
lvl.1
United States

Zero here. Even the one that came with the P3S is gone. Waiting on DJI to send it back from repair.
2017-6-9
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

1 Extra i have ,for me it is enough, as I am happy with the flight time of a single battery but good to have a extra just in case!
2017-6-10
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

definitely gonna need more than 1 if you like to stay in the air or if you like to shoot shoot scenes...the copter has to warm up icu......then you would have to input your settings adjust balances....scan the are for safety...which leaves you with maybe 20 min flight time. goes really fast with just 1 battery.
2017-6-11
Use props
CP3PO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10 ft
United States

I have 5 for my P2
I have 5 for my p3p
And I have 4 for my pop
Then I have about 20 for my syma   
2017-6-14
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I had 4 till one went swimming with my P3S ... but now back to 3 for my P3P.

I rarely use more than 2 in a session ... but always have the three with me - plus a car and LiPo charger if needed.

The P3 is a good video platform for recording shows ... and you do not have to FLY it to have good recordings. You can hold it and use the AC as a "SteadyCam" walking round recording.

Even at shows - I never used all 4 but was nice to have them there.

And for anyone interested - only ONE was a genuine DJI ... all others were Kuentl supplied copies and worked perfectly. Sadly he doesn't sell DJI batterys anymore ... so our club needs find another reliable supplier.

Nigel
2017-8-2
Use props
Lectro88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286411 ft

United States

I currently have 6 batteries. If I end up purchasing the 2nd P3P that I've written about I'll have 8 spares
2017-8-2
Use props
Lectro88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286411 ft

United States

Yes all are OEM. wait I think there is 1 imposter let me go check.
They're all original Phantom 4480's  
I need more remote power, With my ole 3 port blue supercharger 40-70 min per battery depending on cool down time, I can recoup more than my 2 remotes can keep up with.
2017-8-2
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Lectro88 Posted at 2017-8-2 21:06
Yes all are OEM. wait I think there is 1 imposter let me go check.
They're all original Phantom 4480's  
I need more remote power, With my ole 3 port blue supercharger 40-70 min per battery depending on cool down time, I can recoup more than my 2 remotes can keep up with.

The Std remote can be top-up charged with a Mobile Power Pack ... being a single 3.7V LiPo cell and based on 5V USB charge.

But the other controllers such as Adv and Pro are 2cell 7.4V and would need either a car charger or a LiPo charger to do it on field.
It is possible to rig a 'pocket system' .... a LiPo charger that works of 11 - 18V ... a 3S or 4S LiPo as power supply. A lead from Charger to Controller.

Basically you power the charger from the LiPo and then set the mode to 2S Charge only at 1 - 2A .... plug into controller and start. If like me - I have boxes of LiPo's that can do this job ...
The only factor to consider is that the Adv and Pro controllers have 6000mAh battery !! That's a lot of capacity - over 2x that of the standards 2600 ...
Why ? Because the cable from Controller to Phone / Tablet by default charges the phone / tablet ! So battery has to suffer two loads : a) controller b) charging phone / tablet.

Nigel
2017-8-3
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

One extra...
2018-2-21
Use props
Nebicaneser
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

only 1 ;)
2018-2-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Still have only four intelligent flight packs for my incredible trouble free Phantom 3 Pro.

But I do plan on getting another one soon.

I would like to have seven in total, as that's how many my Plasticase Nanuk 945 case has cut outs, for holding them all.

RedHotPoker
2018-2-21
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

Lol Poker, Same here. The number of batteries is defined by the number of available storage spaces in the case and one in the drone.
I have six batteries. None of them are extra or superfluous.
But I think that means I have 5 "extra"
So for the phantom 4 Pro that means at a conservative 20 minutes per battery it gives about 2 hours flight time with a comfortable margin.
Does not help for range of course,( not much point trying for range with the European radio transmission power limits) but it means you don't have to rush when you are trying to get a specific task done. After a firmware update you can waste a battery just messing about testing if DJI have put some unexpected, features,  in there. Perhaps flying to or over the highest obstacle to measure its height and set a valid RTH height, general preperation before the "Take 1".

Would be cool if these things used fuel cells instead, 5 hour continuous flight time, lol.

What about aftermarket batteries? Anyone tried them? Half the price and nearly the same capacity.

2018-2-21
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
France

fans72aa2ed1 Posted at 2017-6-9 21:22
Zero here. Even the one that came with the P3S is gone. Waiting on DJI to send it back from repair.

What range do you get with that number of batteries?

Previously I thought number of batteries did not affect range, but now I may be proved wrong?
2018-2-21
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

Two came with my used P3S, and I am waiting on two that I ordered.
So I will have 4.
2018-2-21
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

2 for my P3S.  Never needed more than that.  40+ minutes of flight time was all I usually needed.

Now I have 2 more for my Spark.   However, I may purchase another one for the Spark, as I'm only getting 12 minutes per battery.    Another one will put me about the same flying time as my P3S (Which I still fly).

Sid
2018-2-21
Use props
IamWedge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 321398 ft
United States

I've got three batteries right now.  Its nice to be able to do a little bit more.  But, I plan on buying 2 more.  So ill have a total of 5
2018-2-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

dmwierz Posted at 2015-6-5 13:27
My guess is your results aren't accurate. What are the odds that 42% of people have 4 or more batteries?

Yes, I have four intelligent flight packs here, for my  Phantom 3 Pro'.
I would appreciate to own seven, to fill all of the battery compartments in my Plasticase Nanuk 945 hard side case.

It should be enough battery power to last a whole afternoon, at the heli field.
Even though there is a diesel generator available, to charge our flight pack, battery array.

Perhaps I will let DJI forum buy me another battery. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-2-21
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
France

OVER 9000!
2018-2-22
Use props
O-Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 950036 ft
United States

I own  3 phantom 4 pro
2018-2-22
Use props
O-Aerial
Second Officer
United States

I own 3 phantom 4 pro
2018-2-22
Use props
O-Aerial
Second Officer
United States

I own 3 phantom 4 pro
2018-2-22
Use props
fans97fa1a30
lvl.1

United States

Have 2 ordering #3.
2018-2-24
Use props
djiuser_bnD1MWf8LICS
lvl.1

United States

Anyone have problem of direction red arrow not showing actual direction of flights?
2018-2-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I would buy them one at a time as you need them because they tend to wear out with age.  Buying a bunch at once is likely not the best strategy.  Buy a good quality battery every so often as the previous battery begins to wear out.  The max mAh will begin to decrease with age and there's nothing you can do about it.  So buy them one at a time.  That way you will always have a great battery when you need one for a particularly long flight.  But you will also have others that you can use for shorter flights.  I currently have eight P2 series batteries and they're all working well with my two P2 series ACs.  But I have only one P3 battery atm.  
2018-2-24
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

Two have always been enough for my flights.  Perhaps my attention span is short!
2018-2-25
Use props
AMZPOW
Second Officer

United States

Have extra 2
2019-1-18
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

It depends on which drone you're asking about: My Spark I have 5 batteries, My Mavic 2 Zoom only 1 battery, My Mavic Pro I have had many but several went back to DJI because they became swollen.
2019-8-20
Use props
J from NZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2046250 ft

New Zealand

I run 5 batteries......I also use a Nvida Shield tablet, I get a 15% battery warning from the tablet when the last (5th) Phantom battery is at 30-40% so that works out pretty good at a hour & a half of flight time. I can practice a lot of things in that space dividing ideas into battery segments 17-20mins each. If I get home before lunch I can get another session in the afternoon other hobbies pending. The only way for me to get good Is time in the air.

2019-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules