How many extra batteries do you have?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

BobbyB Posted at 2015-6-20 02:19
Wait...they make extra batteries?

Extra batteries are sort of like extra beer or extra poontang, there ain't no such a thing.

I think the DJI direct order site is a PONZI scheme. They use your money to pay their suppliers. Dealers aren't usually COD accounts, so they don't pay until 10-30 days after receipt of product.

Think about it? Why would you send product to a dealer verses selling from your wholely owned store? Your selling full retail not wholesale to a dealer. Once they have your money, they pay you along with promises of delivery, but stall until you can't stall any longer. Only then will they ship.
2015-6-19
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

Wait...they have dealers?
2015-6-19
Use props
mchelen328
lvl.1

Hong Kong

When I fly, usually 10 min to 15 min per flight ....  return to home point ...    cool down ....  change battery ....  fly again ....
Intended to play for 1 to 2 hr .....  that means at least 5 battery packs would be enough for me.
2015-6-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Thankfully, a battery at 50% charge only takes 40mins to top up to its 100% capacity.
But if can be a hassle, with no plugin around... Any Extra intelligent batteries would be awesome... ;-)

Yes, I am one of the lucky ones, who received a glitch free Phantom 3 Pro'!!I have done all the P3 firmware updates, and still fly problem free.
Thankful to have this awesome flying model... Just need more intelligent batteries to make an afternoon of it.

RedHotPoker
2015-6-21
Use props
jag 101
lvl.2

United States

two batteries its enough if younare doing it just for hobby.If you are doing this for business then you need more. motors of the phantom are like cars the more you used them the higher the mileage is..Dont fly if you are not going to take good photos and  videos you are just wasting the wear and tear of your bird.just advise
2015-6-23
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-6 12:39
How long do you want a fly session to last? With calm winds and 60 ft altitude you will get about 22 ...

Is there anyone out there who's already making a charger that will charge two (or more) Phantom 3 batteries at the same time?

A month ago I would have thought the odds were pretty high against it, but I now own four (4) count 'em! batteries for my P3. It seemingly takes forever to charge 'em after a day of flying - plus the even longer amount of time to charge the battery in the RC.

Oh, by the way - if you know of a charger like I'm inquiring about, but it's $500, please don't tell me. Or should I write, please don't tempt me! LOL
2015-6-24
Use props
P3PO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

Received battery # 4 & 5 this morning, ordered a week ago.
2015-6-24
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

I bought extra two today.
2015-6-25
Use props
zhartpe
lvl.2

United States

5 batteries - with a 3 bay charger in the car.

By the time I preform my routine checks and calibrations between each battery I find that 5 is the perfect number for me. I've never ran out of juice during a shoot yet. Its sickening to think about how much I've dropped in batteries and  myself can't wait for Elon Musk to develop a new battery standard so we can stay up for more than 20 minutes....
2015-8-27
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

One fits the Copter itself and another 3 are in the Hardshellbackpack possible - so i did it that Way

Mike
2015-8-27
Use props
starfighters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I have the only one wich came with the plane......
2015-8-27
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

The hard case accommodates six...that's what I have. I think $900.00 in batteries is plenty....
2015-8-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I have 4 intelligent flight batteries presently. I eventually sourced a couple more at a local 'Staples' outlet.
It makes for a much more enjoyable flying exerience, when you can spend some good quality time on the sticks.
Thankful to have a trouble free Phantom 3, that continues to bring me so much joy.
DJI Does it right, out of the box. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-8-27
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

1 extra, if I go to the site by car I charge the empty one from the 220 volt plug in the car. Takes 40 minutes if it 30% full. In the meantime i fly with the other one. On some locations I find power outlets in cafés and other places. In the Dubai desert or the rainforest I would bring at least 5
2015-8-27
Use props
Viper989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891194 ft
Canada

3 extra , total of 4 . Barelly enough if you can't recharge on the spot . But with roughly 60-70min flight time , you still have time to do some nice arial shots . If you can recharge on the spot , it's way enough for me . I wouldn't fly all day . You have to think that the RC would drain , so is your tablet . I think 4-5 is the sweet spot .
2015-8-27
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

There is no option for only 1
2015-8-27
Use props
Superfantastic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396398 ft
United Kingdom

I guess the best option is a total eventually of 4 as the dji backpack takes 4 total ( 1 in drone and three slots ) but in a cost world I would say a minimum is two
2015-8-27
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

2 presently, but maybe soon I'll order 2 more.  I'm just in the beginning stages so a few flights here and there will be enough right now.  Now when my skills get honed and I feel more comfortable than just shooting tops of trees at my local park, THEN we'll nab that extra juice and have some REAL fun!
2015-8-27
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Mine came with two, so I marked one in the vote.
2015-8-27
Use props
sharper4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767379 ft
United States

I have two chargers.  So I usually keep two in my bag and two are at the house being charged or sitting next to the chargers.  Then I just swap them when I use the others.  Or if I know I'm going out for a bit I'll just grab all 4.  
2015-8-28
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-24 18:50
Is there anyone out there who's already making a charger that will charge two (or more) Phantom 3  ...

here you go, im thinking of getting 1.
http://www.smartpowercharge.com/proddetail.php?prod=SPCP3

reason no one can get batteries at the moment is because I BOUGHT THEM ALL
2015-8-28
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

Australia

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-24 18:50
Is there anyone out there who's already making a charger that will charge two (or more) Phantom 3  ...

http://www.heli-star.com/dji025.html

I bought one - $45 plus another $25 shipping to Oz. Cheap as chips but well made. Can charge 3 batteries and the RC at the same time. No brainer.
Using your existing charger you could obviously charge 4 batteries in parallel.
2015-8-28
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

ScottyT Posted at 2015-8-29 10:55

I bought one - $45 plus another $25 shipping to Oz. Cheap as  ...

that looks great, and it charges all 3 in parallel? how long does it to charge 3 at same time?
2015-8-28
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

rayrokni, yes, that's one of the few battery charges that actually charges in parallel.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-29
Use props
Stealth...
lvl.2

Montenegro

ScottyT Posted at 2015-8-29 04:55

I bought one - $45 plus another $25 shipping to Oz. Cheap as  ...

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered one.;)
2015-8-29
Use props
Stealth...
lvl.2

Montenegro

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-29 06:36
that looks great, and it charges all 3 in parallel? how long does it to charge 3 at same time?

They say 80 minutes. As soon as it arrives I'll let you know.
2015-8-29
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

i feel bad for everyone waiting since may for their battery when i walked in and bought 2 extra that day
2015-8-29
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-8-30 03:51
rayrokni, yes, that's one of the few battery charges that actually charges in parallel.

they dont say anything about circuit protection, i just am a bit hesitant to put 3 batts $450 + rc $600 without knowing if it has a good voltage protection, etc. do u know if its reliable?
2015-8-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I would like to add a couple more intelligent batteries to my team.
It would be awesome to have a Six Pack.
At my age, that may be the only way I will get one. Hahaha

RedHotPoker

2015-9-2
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Crap. I voted 2, but I want (and recommend) 4.

3 gives me a good day out, but have to pick where, and when. Then, there's always that thought in my head that something cool might happen later in the day, which would be good to film.
So I like to save one for the day's end.

2015-9-4
Use props
ryanbattey
lvl.2

United States

gott  an extra battery as a bundle package for my p3 advance  haven't flown both batteries simultaneously yet though.  
2015-9-4
Use props
jwatts2344
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3762346 ft
United States

i have 5 with a 6th one coming next week.
2015-9-5
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Total of 4 Batteries is plenty for me.
2015-9-6
Use props
launchpad72
lvl.1

United States

I would have 3 if UPS could deliver a f-king package. Left at door my ass!!
2015-9-7
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-6-12 06:44
I just picked up my two extra batteries from my dealer two days ago.  So I have three batteries in t ...

how i wish this thread would just disappear, absolutely waste of storage space
2015-9-9
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-9 19:38

LOL .... funny how some of these just keep recycling.  And me, the idiot, am always like, "Hey, a new post, let me read it ... Oh, it originally started in December and I've replied 7 times already."  
2015-9-9
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-9 19:38

But in case you're wondering, I got this one.  Works great ....

triple-battery-charger-for-phantom-3-360px-360px.jpg

2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-9-10 11:42
But in case you're wondering, I got this one.  Works great ....

does it charge in parallel and how long for 3 batteries
2015-9-9
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-9 20:44
does it charge in parallel and how long for 3 batteries

Yes, in parallel.  In theory, the same amount of time it takes for the weakest battery to charge.  Meaning, it starts charging the weakest battery first, then when that battery reaches the same strength as the second weakest battery, the two of them start charging at the same time.  Once those two reach the same level as the strongest battery, all three start charging at the same time.

2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-9-10 14:02
Yes, in parallel.  In theory, the same amount of time it takes for the weakest battery to charge.   ...

so not truly parallel. so if all 3 batteries are at exactly same level, say 10%, it would charge the first one  to 100 then 2nd one to 100 and then 3rd to a hundred? right?
2015-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules