How many extra batteries do you have?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41969 ft
United Kingdom

dmwierz Posted at 2015-6-5 22:27
My guess is your results aren't accurate. What are the odds that 42% of people have 4 or more batter ...

I failed to notice it said not including the battery it came with so put three instead of two.
Damm.
2015-9-9
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

I just had an email from Djibouti giving me a free one
2015-9-9
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-9 23:15
so not truly parallel. so if all 3 batteries are at exactly same level, say 10%, it would charge t ...

No, if all three were at 10%, it would charge all three at once.

If they were 10%, 20% and 30%, it would start first on the 10% battery.  When the 10% reached 20%, it would start charging the two 20% batteries at the same time.  Once those two reached 30%, all three would start charging.  So, to get three batteries at 100%, it takes the same amount of time as the weakest battery - they would all finish at the same time.
2015-9-10
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-9-10 21:58
No, if all three were at 10%, it would charge all three at once.

If they were 10%, 20% and 30%, i ...

ah ok, i have seen these on amazon, but there are various companies, can u send me the link
2015-9-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I do like the first alternative.
https://www.rcdepothobbies.com/C ... d_p/rcdh-dji025.htm

But this is the beast. I just can not justify the cost. In my mind.. & I do have four intelligent flight batteries.
http://www.smartpowercharge.com/proddetail.php?prod=SPCP3

I like the fact it does a deep cycle option...

RedHotPoker
2015-9-12
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

I'm thinking of buying extra batteries - now that I'm wanting to fly more - but do you think it would be better to buy them from DJI direct or approved third-party dealer?
2015-9-13
Use props
ghoonk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Phuglie Posted at 2015-9-13 14:23
I'm thinking of buying extra batteries - now that I'm wanting to fly more - but do you think it woul ...

I'd buy direct from DJI, but that's just me
2015-9-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Stan1970 Posted at 2015-9-10 00:43
I just had an email from Djibouti giving me a free one

Spelling apparently doesn't count on forums anymore. And spell checkers often adopt your poor spelling habits, and grammar as well. But I often get the chuckles reading what others post., Without ever proof reading, before hitting the button.

Djibouti? Sounds like an African bands name. ;-)
Or a new sweet fresh fragrance for Madame. Hahaha

You folks who are receiving the free intelligent flight battery are lucky.

RedHotPoker

2015-9-13
Use props
Stan1970
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105318 ft

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-13 22:59
Spelling apparently doesn't count on forums anymore. And spell checkers often adopt your poor spel ...

It's a South African band!    I hate proof reading   Text is so small when I type on my iPad   Its and older gen which the Dji  app doesn't support so type in chrome.    I will try harder in the future
2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Phuglie Posted at 2015-9-13 18:23
I'm thinking of buying extra batteries - now that I'm wanting to fly more - but do you think it woul ...

go dji that way u r sure of what u r getting, props and batteries go dji!!!
2015-9-14
Use props
vg.itagroup
lvl.1

United States

In order to fly you need to have calm winds,sunlight,free time
For me its near to impossible to have all these three simultaneously for more than 1 hr !
So, for the time being,one extra battery is fine,sometimes one is enough for a session

2015-9-16
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I've just ordered 3 extra batteries and looks like they are being shipped rapidly from China - well within a week if DHL is to be believed. They are due this Friday (18/09/2015) - excellent service!
2015-9-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Four or more, is the best way to go... ;-)

That's why I'm Loving this hard shell, back pack...
Three Spares in the case and one in the chamber...

Fully locked, loaded, and ready to explode into the air spaces. Hahahaha

RedHotPoker
2015-9-16
Use props
PaulChin.BlueCh
lvl.2

Philippines

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-17 05:51
Four or more, is the best way to go... ;-)

That's why I'm Loving this hard shell, back pack...

Haha very impressive mate! I'd probably do the same if I got a hard shell case. It's not nice to see the inside case empty & you'll have the tendency to fill up all the battery space lol  :-)
2015-9-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

If You have the slots for intelligent battery storage, why not fill them?
Makes perfect sense. And balances out the Phantom 3 case better too. ;-)
I would probably buy a couple more batt's, and keep them stashed elsewhere.

Considering still, to have a large wheeled hard shell case, with pull out handle.
Some of those have much more storage room, and a larger number of battery compartments.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-16
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Phuglie Posted at 2015-9-16 22:14
I've just ordered 3 extra batteries and looks like they are being shipped rapidly from China - well  ...

Just checked DHL tracking service and they are now in the UK so it looks like delivery will be here tomorrow! Upon arrival I will be the 'proud' owner of 4 batteries!
2015-9-17
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Phuglie Posted at 2015-9-16 22:14
I've just ordered 3 extra batteries and looks like they are being shipped rapidly from China - well  ...

They arrived today - 1 day early - waiting for me when I got home after the dentist... I'm so happy sparkling teeth and darling package!
2015-9-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

You Gotta love having pearly whites. ;-)
Contrary to popular Western beliefs, you folks actually do have dentists. Hahaha
We have this misconception that the teeth of your fellow countrymen/women are troubled.
So Smile for the camera. Give us a bright hello.

Love having my 4 intelligent flight batteries. Just enough juice to fly free. Hehe
Eventually purchased a second 100w @DJI charger to help get them bad boys juiced up and ready to rumble off the runway.

Had noticed when playing around with the avatar uploader, that you can manipulate your avatar and get the whole picture in the frame, by resizing it.
Definitely need to place a more permanent pic in my window.

RedHotPoker
2015-11-2
Use props
BillyRay
lvl.1
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-6 12:39
How long do you want a fly session to last? With calm winds and 60 ft altitude you will get about 22 ...

I took this post as great advice.  Just ordered my P3 yesterday, and went ahead and snagged 3 extra batteries with it.  Got 2 car chargers as well so I can keep going all day, regardless of location
2015-11-2
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-11-2 18:37
You Gotta love having pearly whites. ;-)
Contrary to popular Western beliefs, you folks actually do  ...

Those pumpkin carvings are fantastic!
2015-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, there are some extremely talented 'vegetable' carvers out there.
Who seem to have fun with the thick skinned 'fruit'. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-11-3
Use props
robinangered
lvl.2
Flight distance : 870177 ft
Sweden

1 got one battery i got with the drone and i bought 2 extra batteries! more fun when having 18-22minutes x 3
2015-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hi, please be sure you to do a soft break in, of those intelligent flight batteries.
First ten flights, only drain down to around 50%.
After twenty charges, deep cycle them by draining down to 8% then top off to 100%.

Have fun, fly safe, and happy landing.

RedHotPoker
2015-11-5
Use props
BillyRay
lvl.1
United States

So how many charges is a battery expected to withstand during it's lifetime??
2015-11-8
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

May be time to do this again from scratch... I bet the picture will change.

At least changed for me.
2015-11-18
Use props
gregetz
lvl.1

Slovenia

Got 3 batteries (2 extras) and a 3 batteries charger, After one hour of flying, I guess your bird deserves a pause. In the meantime you can watch flight logs, edit videos, photos etc..
2015-11-18
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-13 00:36
But this is the beast. I just can not justify the cost. In my mind.. & I do have four intelligent flight batteries.
http://www.smartpowercharge.com/proddetail.php?prod=SPCP3

I have one of these.  Two actually.  One for the P2V+ batteries and one for the P3P batteries.  I have to say, in my opinion, it is the Cadillac of chargers.  Provides a good, even saturation across cells.
2015-11-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

@nrgwise,
Yeah, that's more like the Porche of P3 intelligent flight battery Chargers, for sure. ;-)
So, I already went ahead and purchased a second @Dji 100w charger.
For me, that choice was best. For the price of that most awesome charger, well never mind that.
I would have to be flying much more, to need that charging capacity.
But it's the deep cycle option, that draws me in. . . That is something that really appeals to my interest.
That four battery device would be very cool at the flying field, charging and flying consecutive battery packs.
Never a dull moment. Hahaha
Do they charge a single battery any faster than a 100w charger will do them? Thanks

RedHotPoker

2015-11-18
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

If only I could figure out a way to use the FIVE Phantom 2 batteries I have in my P3P...
2015-11-19
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-11-18 22:59
@nrgwise,
Yeah, that's more like the Porche of P3 intelligent flight battery Chargers, for sure. ;-) ...

They are not quick chargers by any means.  One or two batteries will charge faster than three or four for sure.  But still not a rapid charge.  The deep cycle feature is the main reason I purchased them to begin with.  And it works nicely.

For both the P2 and P3 I also have the single cell charger that comes with the unit and a three cell charger (in the case of the P3 a 100W version).  These all provide a more rapid charge, but not as saturated a charge.  In the case of successive flights, the single and 3 unit 100 W chargers would provide the faster re-charge.  Flight times would be slightly shorter though.

I now have 5 batteries for the P3P.  I have to put them on rotation.   I prefer the more saturated charge.  The extra three to five minutes flying is really a nice trade-off to the longer charging time. Just have to plan ahead.
2015-11-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, the deep cycle mode, interests me, almost more than multiple charging stations do.
It would be nice to have both charging options available. ;-) I do definitely like this portability ease of use. Two of these chargers takes very little space.

RedHotPoker
2015-11-21
Use props
koine777
lvl.2

United States

I use four batteries total. I can charge and fly and get essentially 5 flights without needing to pause strictly for battery charging.
2015-12-16
Use props
user6895
New

United States

I bought an aftermarket charger on Amazon that will charge the remote and 3 batteries in 80 min. All at the same time, paid $77.00 for it.
BTG 4 in 1  4-channel Rapid Battery Charger for DJI Phantom 3

I now have 4 batteries
2015-12-20
Use props
starfighters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
Italy

Hi.

I had a total of 3,one was included,i added 2 more later.
2015-12-20
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I have 2 extras.
2015-12-21
Use props
perseas
lvl.3

Greece

I use  4 batteries, 1 hub (for charging all 4 at night) and 2 DJI chargers for my P3P, after much thought and lurking around the expensive charging station.
2015-12-23
Use props
davidlwoodall
lvl.2

United States

Has anyone had any bad experience with the aftermarket multi-chargers like the BTG 4 in 1 mentioned above? I've been looking at several of those but recall seeing a warning about using them? Any issues?
2016-1-2
Use props
ah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58757 ft

Need at least 4 batteries. Fly time is 23 mins charge time is 60 mins and can't charge a hot battery!
2016-1-23
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

For my Phantom Advance'd I have 6 Total

For my inspire 1 I have 6 Total

I  don't understand why that would be out of the ordinary....  from the folks I know in this Area that is either normal or below Average.
2016-1-24
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Thinking about it now, none of my batteries is 'extra.'  I need every one of them!
2016-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules