Followup on What you can expect from DJI Support
1291 6 2019-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

To have a complete picture of this topic you need to read this and its related post (Link is provided)
Bottom line is despite promises made to improve the support particularly concerning this one issue DJI has fallen flat on its face.
NOTHING has changed they still have no idea what is going on with their products. No one in support is permitted to have the necesarry information to accurately answer your questions.

Here is the Chat transcript from 2/5/2019
------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
My name is Verge.
How may I help you today?

I have a Spark LED status (yes, the rear LED's) indication I need explained which does not appear in the user manual.

When flying my Spark it is responding flawlessly to my commands. No errors are appearing on the GO 4 app. No problems are being experienced at all.
I have one simple question I need answered. The rear status LED's on the Spark display a blinking pattern which is not described in the user manual.

While in-flight normally with status LED's showing slow flashing green (P-mode with GPS) Every 10 second the following
pattern is displayed on the Spark status LED's:
Red - 2 seconds
Off - 1 second
Red - 2 seconds
Off - 2 seconds
Then returns to slow flashing green (P-mode with GPS)
10 seconds later the above pattern is repeated.
There are NO ERRORS on the GO 4 app. My ONLY request is to tell me what the 5 seconds blink red then normal means.

This pattern occurs with the RC/iPhone combination, the iPhone alone, the RC alone or palm launch (no RC or iPhone).
This question is in regard to ONLY the Spark status LED indication meaning. This has NOTHING to do with the RC or the iPhone.
Do not ask for a video. I will not fly again and risk losing the Spark until I know what this indication is. Do not refer me to the user manual. This pattern is NOT described there.
Simply tell me what the above described Spark LED status indication is. That is ALL I need or want.
Thank you.

Good day.

Appreciate for bringing your concern to us.
10:54

Please bear with me. Let me review you case.

Thank you. We are still checking on this.

Currently, consulting our engineers.

Usually, if the rear LED status indicator blinking in red slowly or rapidly during flight. It means battery warning. We are still checking on other cause of it.
11:07

Low battery warning does not return to green.

I agreed with you.
11:08

We are still checking on it. I've consulted our engineer.

Please bear with us.

Appreciate your patience.

Okay. I've submitted now the question. We're unable to provide accurate answer for now. Is would be fine with you to email the answer?
11:16

Got a better idea. I will tell you what it is. Review this:

It so happens this issue has already be hashed out Through a extremely incompetent series of DJI communications on this.

RE: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=168575

I only started this Chat session to determine if DJI had actually improved the customer support as promised specifically as it pertains to this Spark LED status indication.
It is completely obvious DJI has improved nothing. Still exhibits the intelligence of a box of rocks. I truly believe DJI corporate has neutered all their support employees so the are not to make any statements which are not printed on an DJI approved script card right in front of them.

I also believe the support personnel are extremely limited in their ability to comprehend the written English language. So many times the content is either ignored or completely mis-interpreted. Often many irrelevant questions are asked with the only intent to slow down the process and unnecessarily complicate an issue as much as possible.

Not that you will be allowed to retain this information or pass it on to the next customer who asks: This Spark LED status indication is a No_Fly/Restricted Area warning.

As for me I will never depend on DJI support. You simply do not have the knowledge or the ability to provide quality support. Probably because DJI forbids it and won't let you. Either that or all the support personnel are bonefied, card-carrying idiots.

Sure, no problem.

I'm really sorry for the unfortunate experience with DJI.

This issue at this point is DJI has NO intention of improving.

Thanks for the insight.

I completely understand your point.
11:21

2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Chuck101, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with us. We understand that we have things need to improve, and we will never stop steps to increase the customers' satisfaction. The reported case will be investigated and we will learn from the experience. If you have encountered any difficulties again with the Spark, please kindly let me know, I'm glad to help. Thank you.
2019-2-5
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-5 16:54
Hi Chuck101, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with us. We understand that we have things need to improve, and we will never stop steps to increase the customers' satisfaction. The reported case will be investigated and we will learn from the experience. If you have encountered any difficulties again with the Spark, please kindly let me know, I'm glad to help. Thank you.

Diana,

Apologies are always in abundance. However they are empty and meaningless lip-service. It never improves the situation.

"we will never stop steps to increase the customers' satisfaction." I am waiting to see  a start!

Understanding you need to improve customer support is one thing.  Actually getting DJI to get on board with that idea of making improvements is something else entirely.

This issue I have thoroughly documented is irrefutable evidence that DJI has absolutely ZERO desire or intention to provide better information to their customers.

5 months later and still no one from DJI will willing or permitted to disclose the meaning of this Spark LED status indication described here. Or, even worse, DJI refuses to acknowledge its existence.

There is no excuse for this. DJI's  track record has made it abundantly clear nothing is likely to change.
2019-2-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Chuck101 Posted at 2-6 04:18
Diana,

Apologies are always in abundance. However they are empty and meaningless lip-service. It never improves the situation.

Hi Chuck, thanks for getting back with us and sorry for the inconvenience. Your concerns and requests have been well received and escalated to a higher level. We will contact you by phone or email during working time. We appreciate your patience and understanding while reviewing your concerns and requests.
2019-2-6
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-6 08:32
Hi Chuck, thanks for getting back with us and sorry for the inconvenience. Your concerns and requests have been well received and escalated to a higher level. We will contact you by phone or email during working time. We appreciate your patience and understanding while reviewing your concerns and requests.

UPDATE:

I did receive a phone call from Mecy, Supervisor, Customer support on 2/7/2019

Through the entire 20 minute conversation I never had a feeling he understood what the issue was. I seriously doubt he had read or was even aware of most to the correspondence that had preceded this point. Mecy never acknowledged what the Spark LED status indication in question meant.  I had to re-iterate several times what the LED pattern was. He simply was not understanding. He attempted to point me to the Spark user manual for a list of the LED status meaning. It took a lot of convincing to make him understand this indication in question does not appear in the user manual.

At the end of our conversation Mecy seemed to finally understand this LED status indication should be included in the user manual. Even though he was yet to disclose the meaning of the LED status pattern. I also suggested he post an announcement in the Spark support forum informing users of this LED status indication that is missing from the user manual.

As in all correspondence to date I have little faith that DJI will take any action. Just more on-going lip-service and empty apologies. So far I have seen NOTHING positive. I would be very surprised if ANYTHING comes of this that would help the Spark owners.

DJI has consistently performed extremely poorly through this entire event.
2019-2-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Chuck101 Posted at 2-8 03:45
UPDATE:

I did receive a phone call from Mecy, Supervisor, Customer support on 2/7/2019

Hi there Chuck101, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our support. Rest assured that this is already noted and we forwarded the above-mentioned concern to be included in the user manual. We thank you for your time and patience.
2019-2-8
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-8 09:00
Hi there Chuck101, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our support. Rest assured that this is already noted and we forwarded the above-mentioned concern to be included in the user manual. We thank you for your time and patience.

Same old lip-service and meaningless apologies.  Even after conversing with Mecy on 2/7/19 my suggestion to post this LED status indication as an announcement on the Spark support forum for the Spark users to see nothing happened. My suggestion would have helped so many an not cost DJI anything except typing a few keystrokes.

DJI corporate is so mired down in support ignorance it is a wonder any good information ever gets passed on.  Without a doubt DJI has one of the worst customer service systems on the planet. There  does not exist  enough negative adjectives to describe how bad DJI information to users has become.

5+ months of this ongoing non-sense and stupidity and DJI has done absolutely nothing to help. ZERO.

I firmly believe DJI corporate steadfastly refuses to allow employees to actually correct and disseminate any information found to be missing or found to be incorrect.
2019-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules