5542 17 2014-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gnv
New

United Kingdom

Hi
Vision 2+ arrived on Friday.
Spent some time today getting it all fixed up.
Took it out to the field. Managed to get the propellers rotating but when I tried to get the sticks back to the centre the props turned off. Think I eventually got it to work and then the machine tipped over with the rear props digging into the ground. no height achieved whatsoever.
Now I cannot get the vision2 to power on from the battery - any ideas?? very very disappointed
2014-11-9
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Its probably easier for all concerned if you sit down and read the manual, study the quick start guide and watch the many youtube videos on how to set up your phantom first.
Then if you still have problems come back here and describe exactly what you are doing, then we can try and help, but the post above does not give us any information to go on.

We need more info, so please list in order exactly what you are doing when trying to power the battery and fly the phantom.
2014-11-9
Use props
gnv
New

United Kingdom

Ok in response to your 1st sentence I did all of the above.
When I took the phantom out into the field all the lights on the various bits were the right colour . Vertical and horizontal axis completed etc etc.
So I then pushed the 2 sticks down and in as instructed and the props powered up , when I released the sticks the props stopped . After a number of times I managed to get the props to stay rotating. When I then pushed the lhs stick up the copter tilted towards me ie backwards and the props dug into the soft ground. The power lights went off on the copter and since then when I press the battery once , hold for 2 secs none of the lights on the copter come on, there is a slight click sound but nothing else. I tried with a second fully charged battery just in case but still the same problem. Hopefully this is sufficient information.
2014-11-10
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Thank you for explaining in more detail.
Unfortunately I have never heard of a problem with the motors stopping right after the start-up command when you release the sticks. Sounds very odd behaviour.
The initial tip over could be caused by the transmitter being in Mode 1, not mode 2.
Can you power up the battery out side the phantom ?
However the problem sounds like a battery connection issue inside the phantom and may need to go back to the dealer for repair.
Hopefully someone else with more experience can help you on here.  
2014-11-10
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

gnv@ziggus.co.u Posted at 2014-11-10 16:46
When I took the phantom out into the fie ...

Hi GNV,

thank you for your detailed description. Have you tried charge the battery? If that doesn't help, pls contact your local dealer or DJI service center that is closest to you for exchange (http://www.dji.com/support).

Any questions, feel free to contact us.
2014-11-10
Use props
gnv
New

United Kingdom

Update - machine sent back to dealer - software may need re-setting - dealer thinks it may need to go back to dji (4 weeks)  - pretty grim - only ad engines running for 5 secs and then the copter tilited over, no height and then no electrics - if the machine is this fragile I'm not impressed. As a farmer I bought it to keep trck of our stock on Dartmoor  - this machine costthe equivalent of 15 of this seasons lambs:@
I will keep you updated
2014-11-11
Use props
t2attorney
New

United States

This is the 2nd DJI Phantom that I have had that failed entirely.  This Brand New Vision + simply will not function.  It will do nothing.  Even the iphone app refuses to accept the SAME password after the phone is off.

DJI refuses to admit it sends Lemons.  After the 1st just keep shutting down in mid-flight the dealer gave up and sent me a new one in an unopened box.  This new Phantom 2 vision + will not even power up.  DO NOT EXPECT to get yours fixed.  DO NOT expect that DJI will honor warranty.   
2014-11-11
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

gnv@ziggus.co.u Posted at 2014-11-10 16:46
When I took the phantom out into the fie ...

"The power lights went off on the copter and since then when I press the battery once , hold for 2 secs none of the lights on the copter come on,"

Did you press the battery switch once and release it and press it a second time and hold it pressed until you hear the music.  To turn on the helicopter on, you will need to press twice, holding the second time until it comes on.  Also calibrate the sticks in "mode 2"   
2014-11-11
Use props
edward.allison
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462175 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I was sure I posted this earlier today but can't find the original message. My brand new Phantom 2 Vision Plus arrived today and, after a few hours preparation, I took it for its maiden flight. The flight went well but the Phantom threw a prop on landing and afterwards I had an identical problem to gnu - that is the battery lights up when I push to start the unit, there is a slight click (which can be felt when holding the Phantom) and the LEDs flash once then all is dark - no power. I have tried a second fully charged battery too with same results. Help! Eddie
2014-11-12
Use props
DJI-steve
lvl.2

China

t2attorney@gmai Posted at 2014-11-12 01:20
This is the 2nd DJI Phantom that I have had that failed entirely.  This Brand New Vision + simply wi ...

how did your get your phantom power up?

press the battery power button once and then press and hold for 2 seconds to turn on the intelligent battery  .Try that again! I am so curious why your new Phantom 2 vision plus not even power up!!
2014-11-13
Use props
robbie.skinner
New

United Kingdom

i have the same problem. When i switch on the battery, i get a click and a quick flash of the LEDs and it all shuts down. Did anyone find a solution to this??
2014-12-26
Use props
akdoggie
New

United States

I had the same problem this morning.  New Phantom 2 and it wouldn't start for anything I did.  i followed the videos, re-read the manual and the quick start guide, but still no powering up.  Then it hit me.  I was always reading the battery information, but not the battery itself.  I read the battery, and it says quickly press once and immediately press again. Hold two seconds.  Low and behold, it fired right up.  If you wait any time to press the second time, it won't fire off the first time.  The second time  I tried it. it worked like I was doing the first time.  I put in my second battery and tried to wait a second or so and it wouldn't start up.  I tried the immediate second push and it fired up.  I'm believing now that the new batteries must be that way to initiate the initial start up.  After the initial, you can be more lackadaisical in pressing the buttons it seems.  

Anyways, mine works now, and I seem to have figured out the problem.  At least it did mine.  Good luck.
2015-2-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

akdoggie Posted at 2015-2-3 06:49
I had the same problem this morning.  New Phantom 2 and it wouldn't start for anything I did.  i fol ...

The Phantom will use the second push and hold button to start up.
2015-2-2
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-3 06:55
The Phantom will use the second push and hold button to start up.

Hi Gerry,
I try so hard not to be negative on here and help where I can, as indeed you do.  However , these questions scare me! If these new flyers haven't even read the manual on how to start the bird, we are going to hear of some wild crashes and flyaways very shortly- and they will all say what a load of rubbish the phantom is!!

Many of the questions asked here are all in the manuals if people would only bother to read them.  ( I don't wish to be unkind to anyone in particular folks, but put a little bit of effort in and don't expect the contributors here to do it all for you.)
oh well---rant over and brace yourself Gerry!
Cheers!
Rod.
2015-2-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

rod Posted at 2015-2-3 08:47
Hi Gerry,
I try so hard not to be negative on here and help where I can, as indeed you do.  Howeve ...

I know,  I've been sitting here since Christmas trying to get people up and flying, but I see the same questions over and over.  I want to be flying too.  I'm going to start to just refer to the manual.

Heathcliff is getting a little fat from sitting on the shelf
Gertrude                Heathcliff       
1253.9 grams        1268.2 grams

Stay healthy my friend
2015-2-2
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

The let go of the stick and motors shut down is likely because the throttle stick locked in the bottom position at which the motors will shut down after 3 seconds.
To the power up issue well you likely damaged one or more ESC's during your tip over which can short out the system on power-up and the Battery will shut down to avoid an overload.
2015-2-2
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-2-3 08:57
I know,  I've been sitting here since Christmas trying to get people up and flying, but I see the  ...

Hee hee! I hope it's not the batteries getting tubby over winter!
Cheers!
Rod
2015-2-2
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

rod Posted at 2015-2-3 12:20
Hee hee! I hope it's not the batteries getting tubby over winter!
Cheers!
Rod

hehehehe,  No,  I keep them in a metal case in a nice cool closet by the main door.
2015-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules