Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware 1.1.9 broke my Phantom 3 Pro
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
infinity
lvl.1
Flight distance : 800062 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I updated the firmware to 1.1.9, the update went fine but the P3 started a really high annoying noice "BEEP - BEEP - BEEP - BEEP" every second, and the DJI Pilot Ipad app says:

”Gimbal cannot receive MC data”

Solution: Check the 8-pin plug that connects the damping plate and the aircraft. Ensure that none of the pins are loose. If the problem persists, contact DJI Support.

The P3 worked fine before the firmware, it sounds really strange it all of a sudden got this message.

I've also checked the 8-pin wire and it's perfectly connected to the damping plate. I haven't removed the screwed plate yet to see the other end because I don't have the correct tool and the P3 worked before update.

Anyone with a solution or have seen this issue?

I e-mailed DJI 3-4 days ago with no luck. I also own a Inspire 1 which was on repair for about 5-6 weeks, no good.

// Robert
2015-6-5
Use props
Maui Digital Dr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2671102 ft
United States

I had the same issue Robert, re-install you the firmware and let it run. Put it in the bathroom so you dont have to listen, should take about 20 mins to update and resolve your problem. Good Luck
2015-6-5
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

FlyGirl has the same issue. I suggested removing the gimbal with camera, then giving the unit a good shake, and reinstalling to ensure that the cables are attached.

I believe she has had to reinstall her firmware before, so whatever is causing the issue appears to be buggy firmware.
2015-6-5
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.3

United States

Infinity;

I NEVER did get the firmware updated that I believe. I kept flying multiple times per day with no issues.
Then yesterday I received the dreaded:
CANNOT RECEIVE MC DATA - ACCELEROMETER FAILED
  sorry for you/us

I tried a few things suggested to no avail.
I shipped mine back an hour ago

Cheers      &   Good luck
2015-6-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Ah, gee sorry to hear about that FlyGirl.
I hope the turn around time isn't the length some had to wait.

I wish they had models for clients  to use, while repair and upgrades take place in China.
Or where ever they are sent for support.

RedHotPoker
2015-6-5
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-6 09:39
Ah, gee sorry to hear about that FlyGirl.
I hope the turn around time isn't the length some had to w ...

Better still. as I've said before, they just turn around a drone replacement immediately, and repair the faulty drone with whatever timescale they need, and later sell it at a reduced price, for those willing to accept that history for say a 30% off.
2015-6-5
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.3

United States

lightpanther Posted at 2015-6-6 09:47
Better still. as I've said before, they just turn around a drone replacement immediately, and repa ...

Only in a dream world.

All that we buyers have put up with.  That will never happen; would certainly keep some from going elsewhere though.  Nice thought
2015-6-5
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

FlyGirl Posted at 2015-6-6 09:53
Only in a dream world.

All that we buyers have put up with.  That will never happen; would certai ...

Well, that's up to the company, and how good an image it wants to have with its consumer base.

At this point, for DJI, I can only strongly recommend it to them.
2015-6-5
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNTIL YOU CALIBRATE YOUR IMU...

I had the same problem and was fixed when I calibrated the IMU
2015-6-6
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Here is a link to a discussion about it...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-14894-1-1.html
2015-6-6
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some of these issues are relatively simple to resolve - it's crazy asking for a new bird until you go through all the basics and ask support (here and/or elsewhere).

yeah, if a bird is truly bricked or dead DJI should replace it or fix quickly. But I think most customers want to get flying again ASAP and also learn something.

We are still in the pioneer stage of these things and it will probably be another 4-5 years or more before they even attain the level of true consumer goods. Also, even IOS and Android and other complicated systems have problems.....even though millions of person/years have been expended in their production.

Good Luck - I think most firmware faults can be fixed without return or exchange.....
2015-6-6
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

FlyGirl Posted at 2015-6-6 09:33
Infinity;

I NEVER did get the firmware updated that I believe. I kept flying multiple times per day ...

I believe you said to me "welcome to the world of DJI"
….way sorry to see it had to go to Dr. Loveless
2015-6-8
Use props
derwolf
New
Flight distance : 3287 ft
United States

Hello everyone,
I just a Phantom 3 advanced and got the same problem. Here is what exactly led to the issue:
1) The iPhone App asked me to update the firmware. As of today, the latest version is Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.2.8 on the dii site: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
2) I erroneously downloaded both firmware versions onto the SD card: those for Advanced and for Professional
3) I interrupted the update process and saw from the error log on the SD card what the problem was. I thus deleted one of the files and tried again
4) By that time, the iPhone app showed the scary "Gimbal cannot receive MC data...Check the 8-pin plug …". At the same time, the Phantom-3 made a *terribly* loud beeping noise.

What I tried after reading everything here and elsewhere:
1) I sat it under a cardboard box and let it beep for 30min. Nothing had changed. Only different parts of the Phantom 3 got so hot, I burned my fingers
2) I realized that the SD card can be formatted from the RC. So I did this, then uploaded the new firmware version, and tried again, after having the phantom cooled down for 20min in front of the AC. I had the RC switched off. But the same thing happened: terrible beeping. The gimbal moves around for a few seconds, then gets lame and just hangs down. While the phantom goes on beeping like crazy…

Has anybody among you in the meantime found new solutions?

Thanks everyone!
2015-6-18
Use props
jguay64
lvl.1

United States

lightpanther Posted at 2015-6-6 09:47
Better still. as I've said before, they just turn around a drone replacement immediately, and repa ...

I had sent mine back in for repair, I asked them how long before I get it back. They said up to 6 weeks! Geez! that's too long. I want to get back to flying. Hopefully they can turn it around faster.
2015-6-19
Use props
jon.godfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Spankybear Posted at 2015-6-7 00:14
DO NOT DO ANYTHING UNTIL YOU CALIBRATE YOUR IMU...

I had the same problem and was fixed when I cali ...

I agree... a cold calibration of the IMU fixed a multiple of issues.
2015-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules