1234 13 2019-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KWCarlson35
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198232 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I bought the accessories pack about a week ago and everything seemed fine. Now even though I'd only used the port once or twice, I noticed it will no longer connect to power soures or the computer. The wireless part of the module itself still works, and if I remove it and use the usb c on the bottom of the unit it charges and connects nornally. Is there a setting that I'm missing for this or is there a fault in the unit?
2019-2-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. May we know if you use the same cable when you charge the Osmo Pocket without the wireless module? If yes, I'm afraid that we have to send the accessory to our team for us to check the USB port. You may refer to the link below if you wish to contact our support. Please let us know if you have other concern. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/support

2019-2-6
Use props
KWCarlson35
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-6 13:09
Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. May we know if you use the same cable when you charge the Osmo Pocket without the wireless module? If yes, I'm afraid that we have to send the accessory to our team for us to check the USB port. You may refer to the link below if you wish to contact our support. Please let us know if you have other concern. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/support

Tried several different cables in both, all of them worked fine with the Osmo itself but not the wireless module.
2019-2-6
Use props
anartguy
lvl.4

United States

KWCarlson35 Posted at 2-6 14:51
Tried several different cables in both, all of them worked fine with the Osmo itself but not the wireless module.

You need to use the USB that came with the Osmo pocket. It is the only one that will charge when the Osmo pocket is attached to the wireless module.
2019-2-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

KWCarlson35 Posted at 2-6 14:51

Hi, thanks for the update. Sorry that we have to contact our support for further help regarding this situation. Please refer to the link above. Thank you for understanding.
2019-2-6
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

USB type A to USB type C is the only cable that will work and use a power supply of at least 2 amps.  USB C to USB C cables even thought they work into the bottom of the Osmo Pocket will not work when trying to charge through the Wireless Module.
2019-2-6
Use props
KWCarlson35
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

BobWinNV Posted at 2-6 16:33
USB type A to USB type C is the only cable that will work when charging through the wireless module. Use a power supply of at least 2 amps.  

USB C to USB C cables even if they work when plugged into the bottom of the Osmo Pocket will not work when trying to charge through the Wireless Module.

Actually I have used usb c to usb c to charge it when it was still working, and as stated it's not charging, nor connecting to external devices no matter which cable I use, even the supplied one.
2019-2-6
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

anartguy Posted at 2-6 14:56
You need to use the USB that came with the Osmo pocket. It is the only one that will charge when the Osmo pocket is attached to the wireless module.

Rearly? But I have a lot of cheap cables and each of them works with OP and OP+wireless.
Don't tell fairy tales ;-)

I've tested these combination - all work OKAY !

2019-2-6
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BeterBan Posted at 2-6 18:27
Rearly? But I have a lot of cheap cables and each of them works with OP and OP+wireless.

None of the cables that you are showing are usb c to usb c they all go through some sort of transition which "dummies" them down to cables that work with the OP wireless module.
Once a USB  A cable or adapter is introduced into the mix you can charge through the wireless adapter.   

It is the usb C to usb C cable that works fine charging the OP itself that is throwing everyone off when they try to use the same cable and source through the wireless module and it doesn't work anymore.

2019-2-6
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KWCarlson35 Posted at 2-6 18:19
Actually I have used usb c to usb c to charge it when it was still working, and as stated it's not charging, nor connecting to external devices no matter which cable I use, even the supplied one.

I have found that a USB C to USB C cable will not work when charging through the wireless module.  The same cable and power source will work when charging the OP directly through the bottom usb c port.

It seems that when trying to charge the OP through the wireless module somewhere in your cable string you need a USB A connector either 2.0 or 3.0 for it to work as they tell the usb C circuit they want to configure for  5.0v charging circuit.

My guess is that the wireless module is not handshaking correctly when connected to a true USB C configuration.
2019-2-6
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Will the USB-C port on the back of the Wireless Module function with the upcoming 3.5mm external mic adaptor?

I love the idea of using the Wireless Module to liberate me from holding the Pocket, but I'd also like to use a wireless mic, to enable me to capture useable audio, as well.
2019-2-7
Use props
anartguy
lvl.4

United States

BeterBan Posted at 2-6 18:27

When my expansion kit arrived - none of my USB c cables would charge the unit while it was in the wireless module. A user on this forum pointed out that only the DJI supplied cable would work with the wireless dock. After trying it, my unit charged as intended.

If you were able to achieve charging with other cables, awesome! I tried about 5 different brands and types, and the only one I could get to successfully charge the Osmo while it was docked was the one it came with.
2019-2-7
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

anartguy Posted at 2-7 08:05
When my expansion kit arrived - none of my USB c cables would charge the unit while it was in the wireless module. A user on this forum pointed out that only the DJI supplied cable would work with the wireless dock. After trying it, my unit charged as intended.

If you were able to achieve charging with other cables, awesome! I tried about 5 different brands and types, and the only one I could get to successfully charge the Osmo while it was docked was the one it came with.

I wonder if this issue is only with the wireless modules that come with the expansion kit.  I bought my module separately and I can use any USB type A to USB type C cables and they charge the OP with no problem.  I'm even using really cheap 1 ft cables and they do great with my Anker power bank.  

Maybe a bad batch with those kits?  It's ridiculous that people will be limited to only use the cable that comes with the OP.   
2019-2-7
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 2-7 08:39
I wonder if this issue is only with the wireless modules that come with the expansion kit.  I bought my module separately and I can use any USB type A to USB type C cables and they charge the OP with no problem.  I'm even using really cheap 1 ft cables and they do great with my Anker power bank.  

Maybe a bad batch with those kits?  It's ridiculous that people will be limited to only use the cable that comes with the OP.

Mine came in the kit and it will charge with any cable that I have tried as long as it is a USB A to USB C cable.

I can also charge with a USB C to USB C cable that has a USB C to USB A adapter attached to it.  I just can't charge with direct USB C to USB C cables when plugging into the wireless adapter.  USB C to USB C works fine when charging directly into the Osmo Pocket without the wireless module attached.

It seems to be a matter of the Osmo Pocket being able to negotiate power requirements with a USB C power source but the wireless module not being able to do so.  Hence the requirement to dummy down the USB C power source to a USB type A power source by adding a usb A cable or adapter into the mix.
2019-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules