Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Saving Rendered Vids from Story Mode
2760 5 2019-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am unable to do anything with the rendered video end products from Story Mode, other than share on social media. Is there a way to save the finished video locally? It seems the individual clips are saved and can be located, but it would be nice to save the full composite so I can do what I want with it instead of having to send it up to SkyPixel, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

If I shoot a family event or party, or other I'd like to post it on my personal website or even edit it and email it, text a low rez version, etc., etc.  But seems I'm forced to use social media to receive the final video.

Any workarounds, or am I missing a step?

Thanks!
2019-2-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 573054 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What's your phone - android or iPhone? On my iPhone, when MIMO generates the story I can then save it. When I do, it's saved to Camera Roll (and accessible there). At that point it gives me the option to upload to various choices, but I cancel out after saving.

What I do think is very dumb with Story Mode, however, is that once one is started you must finish taking the 4 clips before you can do anything else, and that you can't select videos already taken to compile it with. That, and the fact that DJI watermarks are saved with it as well as being stuck with their choice of music, makes Story Mode of limited appeal to me.
2019-2-6
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2-6 13:00
What's your phone - android or iPhone? On my iPhone, when MIMO generates the story I can then save it. When I do, it's saved to Camera Roll (and accessible there). At that point it gives me the option to upload to various choices, but I cancel out after saving.

What I do think is very dumb with Story Mode, however, is that once one is started you must finish taking the 4 clips before you can do anything else, and that you can't select videos already taken to compile it with. That, and the fact that DJI watermarks are saved with it as well as being stuck with their choice of music, makes Story Mode of limited appeal to me.

I use Android, Samsung S9+. I do get the save option, but when I look in my Mimo files I only see the clips and can't open them with several video player apps....
2019-2-6
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Punchbuggy Posted at 2-6 13:00

After seeing a few Story Mode clips, I can finally see the appeal for casual users. It gives them at ability to fire off short, "creative" mindfarts on social media. It's just way to upgrade one's posts.

These "stories" are nothing that can't be done by oneself. But, it would require creative camera work, good editing software, and some serious syncing. Most aren't going to take the time and effort for such clips.

The pre-determined music allows syncing with the clips, without editing.

2019-2-6
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

As far as saving the clips, I haven't played with the app as of yet. But, having an iPhone, I wouldn't be able to really compare my results with android devices.
2019-2-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 573054 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Curt1591 Posted at 2-6 14:34
After seeing a few Story Mode clips, I can finally see the appeal for casual users. It gives them at ability to fire off short, "creative" mindfarts on social media. It's just way to upgrade one's posts.

These "stories" are nothing that can't be done by oneself. But, it would require creative camera work, good editing software, and some serious syncing. Most aren't going to take the time and effort for such clips.

Yeah, I get the appeal and I've already used it for that purpose. My expectations for Story Mode's capabilities are set by the DJI GO Editor, however (if you have a DJI drone, you'll know what I'm referring to). The GO Editor is able to auto-generate short compilations from cached videos stored on the phone, along with music selectable from a range of types - and with no DJI watermark. I'd be keen on the same thing for MIMO.
2019-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules