Lag while viewing video on MAC
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kamilk007
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys, I need help. I just took a bunch of videos with my phantom 3 but when I am trying to view the flight it laggs. Any suggestions? I am using the cardreader on my computer. Please let me know. THank you
2015-6-5
Use props
murigius2012
lvl.1

United States

What the first app. on the Mac that wants to download the photos? How much free disk space do you have on the Mac? Are you using an external hard drive?

I'm finding that the new Photos as well as iMovie downsize them w/o letting us know. I'm using  Final Cut Pro and am learning my way around it.
2015-6-5
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

It all depends on what your settings were - if it's 4K video, many computers simply can't play it at any decent speed.
If it's 1080, most mac should play it. Move it to the machines disk from the card reader.
2015-6-5
Use props
wavis184
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1810735 ft
  • >>>
United States

murigius2012@me Posted at 2015-6-6 07:46
What the first app. on the Mac that wants to download the photos? How much free disk space do you ha ...

I also use FCP. The 4k videos create large files. I already filled up a 4TB external drive and just got a 5TB. I also use Compressor it works great for exporting videos for youtube.
Screen Shot 2015-06-05 at 9.34.57 PM.png
2015-6-5
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

What I understand from your post is that you try to view your videos from the card reader. You should better copy the files on your Mac before going further...
I have no lags with my Mac (using Quicklook (with the spacebar), VLC or QuickTime)... but I never try to view my videos on the SD card.
2015-6-6
Use props
kamilk007
lvl.1
United States

yeah i did that, it worked better on my girlfriends computer. Thanks though, DJI suggested trying different media player to watch it. Today, I experienced video lag while shooting a video on my iPhone 6. Any ideas? I was flying at the same place too
2015-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules