new inspire 2 cinessd thunderbolt 3 reader not working on mojave ...
3899 16 2019-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ardian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 455197 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any idea when the newer cinessd Thunderbolt 3 will be compatible with the new mac Operating System (Mojave)Its been 5 months of this release yet dji store says it isnt compatible?
2019-2-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. DJI is aware that the DJI CINESSD Station (Thunderbolt 3) is unable to read data when connected to computers using the latest MacOS Mojave (version 10.14). Data stored on the SSD and CINESSD Station is not affected. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working quickly to resolve this situation. We understand that our customers rely on this equipment daily and will update our user base as soon as the issue has been addressed.

If you're using the Thunderbolt 3 cable and MacOS Mojave (version 10.14) to move data from the CINESSD, we have created a workflow workaround. Please see the instructions below.

1. Downgrade your Mac from MacOS Mojave to MacOS High Sierra, or copy data from the DJI CINESSD to a Windows computer using a portable hard drive. Connect the hard drive to your Mac to read data.
2. Connect the DJI CINESSD Station to your Mac with a USB 3.0 cable. The USB 3.0 cable does still function and is not affected by the latest MacOS update.
2019-2-7
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 2-7 13:37
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. DJI is aware that the DJI CINESSD Station (Thunderbolt 3) is unable to read data when connected to computers using the latest MacOS Mojave (version 10.14). Data stored on the SSD and CINESSD Station is not affected. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working quickly to resolve this situation. We understand that our customers rely on this equipment daily and will update our user base as soon as the issue has been addressed.

If you're using the Thunderbolt 3 cable and MacOS Mojave (version 10.14) to move data from the CINESSD, we have created a workflow workaround. Please see the instructions below.

The CineSSD USB 3.0 station is not working for me with Mojave. So please, consider an update for the USB version of CineSSD station, too. it works under High Sierra so my device is functional. *Edit, it was an issue with the USB port. It works now.*
2019-2-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Rob W Posted at 2-8 05:55
The CineSSD USB 3.0 station is not working for me with Mojave. So please, consider an update for the USB version of CineSSD station, too. it works under High Sierra so my device is functional.

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. Unfortunately, the DJI CINESSD is not yet compatible with the latest MacOS Mojave. No worries, as our team is fully aware of this situation, surely we will provide a resolution in regards to this compatibility concern. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for understanding.
2019-2-10
Use props
fanscab52752
lvl.2
Finland

When?! Are you going to release that update? You have had months to fix it.. How hard it can be?
2019-2-16
Use props
RotorW
lvl.2

United States

+1, Still waiting for this obvious fix.
2019-2-25
Use props
PANAHOUSE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233199 ft
United States

How long do we have to wait for this to be fix?  I need my thunderbolt 3 SSD reader to work.  
2019-3-5
Use props
Klayk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26263 ft
United States

Well its been a while since I posted on this issue.  I have read all of the posts about DJI's terrible customer service so let me add to the mix.
After MANY emails with Grace, she agreed to refund the purchase price of my Thunderbolt 3 reader.  Funny since I had suggested for DJI to send me the USB version and refund the difference in price ... but they decided for a full refund and sent me a shipping label to send to Los Angeles.
Well a little over a week later some guy from New Jersey called and said they could not approve the refund due to 1. The device is well past the return policy date and 2.  The device was purchased through a DJI authorized retail store NOT the DJI online store.
Of course this made me extremely angry since I had been CRYSTAL CLEAR on both of the topics to Grace.  She knew this and still sent me a shipping label.  After a strong conversation with the NJ guy he said he would discuss with the different departments.
About a week later, today, I got a call from DJI China telling me the same thing, that they could not refund due to the unit not being purchased from the online store.
So they are shipping it back.
I should have known better than to trust their word.
The overall frustrating thing about this is that the Cinessd is not meeting the Thunderbolt 3 standard.  That is either due to a hardware design issue or a firmware issue.  Its not that complicated.  DJI could have designed and released a completely new product by now (after 9 months) if they had actually assigned someone to work on it.  They obviously decided to work on other things.  Fine ... I am assuming but if someone was really working on it they could give us some sort of update.  Like they are working with Apple or they are recoding the unit or are testing fixes ... but nothing. Just either down grade away from Mohave or spend more money and purchase the USB slower version.  That's a great business model.
Anyway, I have accepted the fact that I/we can do nothing to move this along and no amount of pressuring DJI will help.
DJI will either eventually fix it or not.

2019-3-5
Use props
Frank White 9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 879843 ft
United States

It’s almost summer AgaiN!
2019-3-8
Use props
SSM212
lvl.1
Canada

So there is still no update available and i cannot read ssd without downgrading my os? has DJI abandoned this unit entirely? More than a little frustrated. What other drones are people using these days?
2019-3-29
Use props
SSM212
lvl.1
Canada

Rob W Posted at 2-8 05:55
The CineSSD USB 3.0 station is not working for me with Mojave. So please, consider an update for the USB version of CineSSD station, too. it works under High Sierra so my device is functional. *Edit, it was an issue with the USB port. It works now.*

did you say you now have it working with mojave? if so can you explain how?
2019-3-29
Use props
Frank White 9
lvl.4
United States

It works perfectly!
Just update theOS
2019-3-29
Use props
Klayk
lvl.2
United States

Frank White 9 Posted at 3-29 11:43
It works perfectly!
Just update theOS

Can you add more details?  Do you have the CINESSD Thunderbolt 3 reader working with Mohave?
2019-4-13
Use props
Frank White 9
lvl.4
United States

I own both cinessd stations and the only detail I can add is now files can be delete from the station instead of just by way of go4.
2019-4-13
Use props
Frank White 9
lvl.4
United States

OS version 10.14.4
2019-4-13
Use props
Klayk
lvl.2
United States

Confirmed.  I got my CINESSD back from DJI from a failed return attempt and it loaded right up just as it did like 9 months ago.  That was a long frustrating wait.
2019-4-17
Use props
MauPhoto
lvl.1

United States

This is on a Windows computer w/ Thunderbolt 3 - USB-C.  There was a piece of software in it that was preventing my cinessd station to connect to the computer and read the cinessd...  Extra layer of protection I guess... Maybe Mac has something similar somewhere.  I know it is from a different platform... just wanted to help...

2020-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules