OSMO POCKET on a bike !
6411 18 2019-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LKHPhotography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 952133 ft
Hong Kong

Brought the Osmo Pocket with me on a recent trip to Tokyo, Japan.  On a sunny day at Lake Yamanaka, I attached my Osmo Pocket to the basket of a bike to test its limit when I cycled around the beautiful lake.
The reflection for me is that I should have attached it to my body instead of the bike, the bumps with no cushion/buffer really made it hard for the Osmo Pocket to perform. Apart from that, the Osmo Pocket performed extraordinarily.

2019-2-8
Use props
hedac
lvl.4
Spain

have a look at this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=180361
this video in particular
2019-2-8
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, you need some form of shock absorber when you're riding through bumps. Otherwise a wonderful video. Did you get a shot of Mt. Fuji? There wasn't much snow on the cap when I was there in Jan. You can see my clips here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D549%26typeid%3D549
2019-2-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day LKHPhotography. Thank you for sharing this informative video. Great work and thank you for your support.
2019-2-8
Use props
LKHPhotography
lvl.4
Hong Kong

hedac Posted at 2-8 08:05
have a look at this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=180361
this video in particular https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9MA5tv89BI

Thanks!  

I think attaching to the body or shoulder would give a better result than the little device, even though I don't have as much cushion as the guy in the video
2019-2-8
Use props
LKHPhotography
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Wiz33 Posted at 2-8 08:18
Yes, you need some form of shock absorber when you're riding through bumps. Otherwise a wonderful video. Did you get a shot of Mt. Fuji? There wasn't much snow on the cap when I was there in Jan. You can see my clips here:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=177399&extra=page%3D2%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D549%26typeid%3D549

I was there early January, and lucky enough to have super good weather & clear sky (except for sunset time) during my two days at Lake Yamanaka.  I took pictures/videos/time-lapse of the Mt Fuji mainly with my DSLR & Mavic Pro.

The drone footage is still in progress, below is a time-lapse video (hope it doesn't violate the forum rules as it is not taken by DJI product though) and a picture

2019-2-8
Use props
LKHPhotography
lvl.4
Hong Kong

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-8 08:18
Hello and good day LKHPhotography. Thank you for sharing this informative video. Great work and thank you for your support.

Thanks a lot DJI Stephen!
2019-2-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

LKHPhotography Posted at 2-8 08:39
Thanks a lot DJI Stephen!

You are very much welcome LKHPhotography. Have a safe and happy filming always.
2019-2-8
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I was there early January, and lucky enough to have super good weather & clear sky (except for sunset time) during my two days at Lake Yamanaka.  I took pictures/videos/time-lapse of the Mt Fuji mainly with my DSLR & Mavic Pro.

The drone footage is still in progress, below is a time-lapse video (hope it doesn't violate the forum rules as it is not taken by DJI product though) and a picture  

Guess we were there about the same time then. The weather was perfect, just wish there were more snow on the mountain top but at least I made it to level 5 finally after 35 years ;-)
2019-2-8
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Nice video! Japan is very bicycle friendly .. such a great way to get around when you are there.
2019-2-8
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

That timelapse is awesome. You are so lucky to have had perfect weather. I was there from Oct to Nov last year and never got a look at Fuji (fortunately I'd seen it previously though)
2019-2-8
Use props
LKHPhotography
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Wiz33 Posted at 2-8 11:50
Guess we were there about the same time then. The weather was perfect, just wish there were more snow on the mountain top but at least I made it to level 5 finally after 35 years ;-)

I am still more interested in taking its pictures from a distance LOL
but I will definitely try to go up the mountain top once in my lifetime
2019-2-8
Use props
LKHPhotography
lvl.4
Hong Kong

forbsie Posted at 2-8 19:14
Nice video! Japan is very bicycle friendly .. such a great way to get around when you are there.

thanks!  
and actually after the cycling, I found that the surrounding area will be hosting bicycle games in 2020 Tokyo Olympics!
2019-2-8
Use props
LKHPhotography
lvl.4
Hong Kong

forbsie Posted at 2-8 19:22
That timelapse is awesome. You are so lucky to have had perfect weather. I was there from Oct to Nov last year and never got a look at Fuji (fortunately I'd seen it previously though)

yes I think I am super lucky too!  weather is really amazing when I was there.
2019-2-8
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

LKHPhotography Posted at 2-8 21:25
I am still more interested in taking its pictures from a distance LOL
but I will definitely try to go up the mountain top once in my lifetime

Yea, the mountain top is not that impressive up close, especially if there isn't a good amount of snow. It's the view it offers of the surrounding area like the lakes and mountain ranges:

like the Mountain ranges that you
2019-2-9
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great video, nice work!
2019-2-11
Use props
LKHPhotography
lvl.4
Hong Kong

jacksonnai Posted at 2-11 06:39
Great video, nice work!

thanks a lot jacksonnai ;)
2019-2-11
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

LKHPhotography Posted at 2-11 08:49
thanks a lot jacksonnai ;)

You're welcome mate!
2019-2-11
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

I remember seeing so-called z-axis stabilizers on places such as eBay, Amazon, ScottyMakesStuff etc. Could one of those help with the bumps, and could it be attached to a bike handle?

I ought to get myself a bicycle too, and test the mount I bought from my local department store. Though I have no plans to travel to Japan
2021-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules