Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JustJon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7864 ft
  • >>>
United States

CAS-2719550-N5J5Q1

I wrote about this last night but they decided to delete the comments? Is not honoring warranties something you don't want folks to know?

Bought a new battery from an approved vendor that would not power up upon arrival. After jumping through all hoops and sending it back... they have decided to NOT honor the warranty because it had "never been activated"?

Can someone here tell me how to "activate" a dead battery in case this happens in the future? I'd appreciate it as it certainly isn't in the manual!

They want me to pay $89 for a replacement of a battery I just spent $89 to buy that was DEAD ON ARRIVAL!
2019-2-8
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Why did you not send it back to where you bought it from ?
But you would have thought DJI could look up the serial number and replace if under 6 months old.
2019-2-8
Use props
JustJon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

That is a fair question.

We contacted DJI support and they all but said it was covered and sent me a UPS label to send it back. And it was a gift to my wife and when she opened it for her birthday it was past the 15 day return policy the vendor had on electronics. They did look up the serial number, had me try and charge it for hours thinking that might wake it up, did videos and pictures and send them receipts.

And again... because it wasn't activated they want to charge us $89 to replace.

Is there something I don't know... a way to activate a battery that doesn't power up? That is my true question here.
2019-2-8
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

CAS-2719550-N5J5Q1
I wrote about this last night but they decided to delete the comments?

That in it's self is not good.  
This is probably  the time to point out US President Bill Clinton got in to more trouble about lying about his involvement with an intern than the actual involvement.
Now two other forum members  have commented (and we all have screen grabs) it is going to be difficult to delete it.

Deleting criticism will do as much if not more harm to DJI's reputation than the misunderstanding over the battery.

BTW DJI can register the battery for you. All they have to do is power it up..... :-)
2019-2-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi JustJon, sorry for the troubles. We have not deleted your post, please see here , additionally we have sent you a message directly. The case number  CAS-2719550-N5J5Q1 will be under warranty. We hope that we were able to able you in our own little way. Should you have other concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.
2019-2-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

JAgraphics Posted at 2-8 10:26
CAS-2719550-N5J5Q1
I wrote about this last night but they decided to delete the comments?

Hi JAgraphics. Sorry for the confusion, we have not deleted any comments posted by JustJon, please see it here . We have already contacted him also via PM, the case is now resolved. Should you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.
2019-2-8
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2-8 10:36
Hi JAgraphics. Sorry for the confusion, we have not deleted any comments posted by JustJon, please see it here . We have already contacted him also via PM, the case is now resolved. Should you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you.

Good to hear it is resolved and that the posts were not deleted.
With DJI having such a large world wide customer base there are bound to be a few misunderstandings from time to time.  But it is all resolved now.
2019-2-8
Use props
JAgraphics
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Good to hear it is resolved and that the posts were not deleted.
With DJI having such a large world wide customer base there are bound to be a few misunderstandings from time to time.  But it is all resolved now.
2019-2-8
Use props
JustJon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I appreciate that if you follow through with what you say?

I guess my concern is that you came up with that conclusion to begin with. You knew that the battery was dead on arrival through all of the contacts I had with you and through all of the videos I had to send. Then to send me an invoice to pay, with the reasoning of it not being activated concerns me. It seems that the folks that you have doing the warranty claims should be more in touch with the case at hand. Had they been more aware of the fact the battery would never power up they would have known it hadn't been activated before and not used that as a reason to invoice me.

My original question for this last post still remains... is it possible to activate a dead battery? I can't see how but am still asking the question. It was put into the drone and attempted to be powered up and couldn't. I tried DJI Assistant 2 but obviously the software couldn't see the drone because I could not power it up.

If I missed the post... I apologize to all for saying you had deleted it. That was wrong of me!

Enough said... thank you for your help! Seriously!!
2019-2-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

JustJon Posted at 2-8 10:44
I appreciate that if you follow through with what you say?

I guess my concern is that you came up with that conclusion to begin with. You knew that the battery was dead on arrival through all of the contacts I had with you and through all of the videos I had to send. Then to send me an invoice to pay, with the reasoning of it not being activated concerns me. It seems that the folks that you have doing the warranty claims should be more in touch with the case at hand. Had they been more aware of the fact the battery would never power up they would have known it hadn't been activated before and not used that as a reason to invoice me.

Hi JustJon. Sorry if I missed your question as I was focused on your concern. No, it is not possible to activate a dead battery and I would agree as you mentioned the DJI Assistant 2 software obviously will not detect the aircraft. Again, we apologize for any troubles, please reach us again if you have other concerns. Thank you.
2019-2-8
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

just a question,,, are the battery's not activated, taken out of hibernation, first time by putting them in the charger rather that the drone  
2019-2-8
Use props
JustJon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I did put it in the charger. I spent 3 hours trying to charge it by way of everything support asked me to do. Took photos and videos and all else I was asked to do and still nothing. The battery was just dead when I received it.

It never “woke up” or showed any signs of life.
2019-2-9
Use props
JustJon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Update...

DJI has honored the warranty on my battery! It should be shipped in the next few days.

Thank you for honoring your warranty and thank you to those employees that helped me to get this outcome!

2019-2-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

JustJon Posted at 2-11 14:01
Update...

DJI has honored the warranty on my battery! It should be shipped in the next few days.

Hi JustJon, no worries. Glad that I was able to help in my own little way. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other concerns. We're here to help. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-11
Use props
Can I get my drone back?
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27142 ft
United States

Good to hear they honored the warranty.
2019-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules