Help! My little “Spark”ie is not working
1158 9 2019-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

About 36 hours ago my DJIspark was working fine. We went on a flight after work near dusk and all was going well. During his landing onto a picnic bench he started to drift backwards a bit and hit one of his blades and fell about 2 feet into a flower pot. I picked him up, checked, and all seemed ok with all the lights working so I turned him off, cleaned him off, and put him away. Tried to start him up a few minutes ago and I got nothing. No lights, no beeps, nothing. Am I forgetting to do something prior to starting him up?
2019-2-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Gator Don. I am sorry to know that your DJI Spark had a crash recently. Since this issue happened the best thing  you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for further help. The drone might not have any damage outside but the crash might have affected the internal components of the drone. Thank you.

2019-2-8
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

How many batteries do you have? If you have two, try to install the second one and turn the drone on (one shot tap and one long tap on the battery button)
2019-2-8
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-8 11:35
How many batteries do you have? If you have two, try to install the second one and turn the drone on (one shot tap and one long tap on the battery button)

If you have only one battery, just try to do full charge, and then turn the drone on.
2019-2-8
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

and main tip: just try to remove the battery and then install it again
2019-2-8
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-8 11:38
and main tip: just try to remove the battery and then install it again

Tried that, still would not work. Talked to customer support, told me to take it back to Best Buy and exchange it for a new one. They gave me a new one, batteries charging at this time.
2019-2-8
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Gator Don Posted at 2-8 14:06
Tried that, still would not work. Talked to customer support, told me to take it back to Best Buy and exchange it for a new one. They gave me a new one, batteries charging at this time.

That was good advice, good luck with the new one!  Cheers
2019-2-9
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Hmm. Wonder what happened to it. Two feet isn't much of a fall. Glad Best Buy fixed you up.
2019-2-9
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Tentoes Posted at 2-9 10:58
Hmm. Wonder what happened to it. Two feet isn't much of a fall. Glad Best Buy fixed you up.

Two feet (table height) is not much of a fall for what?  A computer?  A camera?  A gimbal?  Or all three combined into one product?

Interesting after crash.  Model airplanes would have their receiver or speed controller warranteed if they failed after a crash if there is no sign of damage.  Those parts are pretty tough in their individual cases. The whole aircraft would be on the owner if he crashed it.  Drones are a weird mix.

Best to land on the ground, folding helipad accessory, or some place you can't fall off of.

A Spark landing.gif
2019-2-9
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Gator Don Posted at 2-8 14:06
Tried that, still would not work. Talked to customer support, told me to take it back to Best Buy and exchange it for a new one. They gave me a new one, batteries charging at this time.

You are lucky one.Stay safe.
2019-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules