POLL: How do you transport your aircraft?
12Next >
4955 71 2019-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello all,

I am conducting a poll just out of curiousity and so that we can better grow as a community by sharing our best practices in transporting our drones.
Single SelectVote, Total 130 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

16.92% (22)
29.23% (38)
13.08% (17)
26.15% (34)
14.62% (19)
0.00% (0)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-2-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Transport MPp in a plastic hard case that slides into rear bottom compartment of backpack.  
CrystalSky slides in above plastic hard case with a soft cloth cover to protect screen from scratches.

Case Club Backpack & Plastic hardbox

Case Club Backpack & Plastic hardbox

2019-2-8
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-8 23:18
Transport MPp in a plastic hard case that slides into rear bottom compartment of backpack.  
CrystalSky slides in above plastic hard case with a soft cloth cover to protect screen from scratches.

Interesting solution. Looks like something I will have to implement in the future. Thanks for your response.
2019-2-8
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

either in the flymore combo bag or the original case, these then go in a bigger bag that offers protection
2019-2-9
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

PolarPro Rugged case
2019-2-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use the peak design everyday 5L sling with my M2P
2019-2-9
Use props
Fendert
lvl.2
United States

I have a Nanuk hardcase which is perfect for me.  It's specifically made for the Mavic Air

2019-2-9
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

I don't hike much so a large hard case works for me.

2019-2-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AlphaFlightNW. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this poll. I hope many will participate and you'll get the best answer for this poll here from our valued DJI Mambers and Customers. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-9
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2174482 ft
United States

Not the best solution, but it works well when I'm traveling light. https://www.ultimaxxusa.com/product/carry-case-for-mavic/
2019-2-9
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

I am using 2 cases. A hard case for the MP by Ultimaxx.  and a soft bag for all my extras by Voyager.

2019-2-9
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Doc Ozzy Posted at 2-9 07:42
Not the best solution, but it works well when I'm traveling light. https://www.ultimaxxusa.com/product/carry-case-for-mavic/

Hello,

I totally get it, I had a similar case for my spark and it works out great when you need to go. Thanks for sharing!
2019-2-9
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Far_North Posted at 2-9 06:47
I don't hike much so a large hard case works for me.

[view_image]

Thats pretty impressive, given how much it can hold and still be portable.
2019-2-9
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2-9 01:42
I use the peak design everyday 5L sling with my M2P

I was just checking this bag out and its actually very versatile. It kinda reminds me of the Mavic air bag but provides a sort of expansion pocket so you can fit more gear into it. This looks like it would be really helpful for me, as I often travel around the city with a big bulky Lowepro camera bag, which makes it obvious that I have something of value in it, and I feel that this would help keep a lower profile while also giving me enough space to hold multiple aircraft/accessories. The one thing I am wondering about is how rigid would you say it is? Like on a scale of drone in my pocket to dedicated hard case, how much you reckon it will protect my drone from impacts or weather?
2019-2-9
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

carriage implements

you mean to tell me folks actually collapse and uncollapse each time they go flying? it is almost ritual precedence the founded carriage implements that protect craft from paranoia(s) of worse accidents: collisions & flyaways
additionally, the environment shapes extent owners protect hardware: ubiquitous & extreme moist ocean chlorides airborne intruding residing printed circuit boards that conformal coating can not withstand over repetitive expose, extreme hot and cold esp transient abrubt rollercoaster from either direction imparts differential strain of dissimilar materials adjoined owed to materials indifference thermal expand contract rates, the foreign debri also makes entry and resides owed to continuous "breathing" by craft blower, and questionable is scanners bombard of high energy xray onto sensitive circuitry

the statistical possibilities of tragic accidental crushing dropping smashing immersing is smaller than runaways & collisions?

for brute environments "safari, cliff hanger, speedboat, helicopter follow, etc" the rigid pelican type is prudent yes!
2019-2-9
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Number 2 ...   actually it’s varied... depending sometimes toss it in my cup holder of my car if just going down the road a bit.  But mostly flymore bag, sometimes my pocket.. If I’m going on a long journey I pack light, my entire trip usually fits in carry on luggage so if my fly more bag can’t fit in my backpack then I raw dog my mavic air into my backpack and toss batteries in another pocket with controller and chargers.
2019-2-9
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

cutis Posted at 2-9 15:36
you mean to tell me folks actually collapse and uncollapse each time they go flying? it is almost ritual precedence the founded carriage implements that protect craft from paranoia(s) of worse accidents: collisions & flyaways
additionally, the environment shapes extent owners protect hardware: ubiquitous & extreme moist ocean chlorides airborne intruding residing printed circuit boards that conformal coating can not withstand over repetitive expose, extreme hot and cold esp transient abrubt rollercoaster from either direction imparts differential strain of dissimilar materials adjoined owed to materials indifference thermal expand contract rates, the foreign debri also makes entry and resides owed to continuous "breathing" by craft blower, and questionable is scanners bombard of high energy xray onto sensitive circuitry

strong magnetic flux will irreversibly damage delicate navigating transducers?and just how delicate is it? as in credit card erasure sitting on musician's bass guitar speaker magnetic flux, as opposed to mri flux enveloped
2019-2-9
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

cutis Posted at 2-9 15:36
additionally, the environment shapes extent owners protect hardware: ubiquitous & extreme moist ocean chlorides airborne intruding residing printed circuit boards that conformal coating can not withstand over repetitive expose, extreme hot and cold esp transient abrubt rollercoaster from either direction imparts differential strain of dissimilar materials adjoined owed to materials indifference thermal expand contract rates, the foreign debri also makes entry and resides owed to continuous "breathing" by craft blower, and questionable is scanners bombard of high energy xray onto sensitive circuitry

You could have just said bags are good for 90% of environments. Your like the increasingly verbose meme.
2019-2-9
Use props
ScoutCommander
lvl.1
United States

I have used the case that came with the fly more combo, the Nanuk hard case and for quick walks out I have just put it in my pocket.  What I really want to know is, why isn't there a way to fit the controller in a case without taking it apart and folding it? I have an old cell phone I use as a screen (Samsung Galaxy S5) and hate having to disconnect the phone in order to fit the controller into a bag/case. Does anyone have any recommendations?
2019-2-9
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

I use the bag that came with the Mavic Pro Fly More combo (Why not this option btw ?) and toss that into a backpack that also  holds my  8" tablet, mount, folding take-off pad, laptop if required, lunch and a few coldies
2019-2-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-9 15:27
I was just checking this bag out and its actually very versatile. It kinda reminds me of the Mavic air bag but provides a sort of expansion pocket so you can fit more gear into it. This looks like it would be really helpful for me, as I often travel around the city with a big bulky Lowepro camera bag, which makes it obvious that I have something of value in it, and I feel that this would help keep a lower profile while also giving me enough space to hold multiple aircraft/accessories. The one thing I am wondering about is how rigid would you say it is? Like on a scale of drone in my pocket to dedicated hard case, how much you reckon it will protect my drone from impacts or weather?

The zips are rubber sealed and Peak Design are a top end camera bag manufacturer based in San Francisco (their back packs can reach $500).

The 5L sling was designed specifically for the original Mavic Pro and I was very pleased to see that my Mavic 2 Pro fits perfectly too. It also fits the RC, x3 batteries, spare props, ND filters, SD cards etc and also has space for an iPad Mini 4 or sun hood. It's not cheap at £99 / US$99 for the smallest 5L sling but is exceptionally well made. Had mine over a year now and is in the same condition as new despite being used extensively.

It does provide good padding inside too and the strap is very well designed. It won't offer as much protection as a hard case but equally you won't look like an odd ball carrying your drone in a suit case in your local parks lol. The sling is totally unembossed so there is no way anyone will know you are carrying a drone.

Hope that helps.
2019-2-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-9 15:27
I was just checking this bag out and its actually very versatile. It kinda reminds me of the Mavic air bag but provides a sort of expansion pocket so you can fit more gear into it. This looks like it would be really helpful for me, as I often travel around the city with a big bulky Lowepro camera bag, which makes it obvious that I have something of value in it, and I feel that this would help keep a lower profile while also giving me enough space to hold multiple aircraft/accessories. The one thing I am wondering about is how rigid would you say it is? Like on a scale of drone in my pocket to dedicated hard case, how much you reckon it will protect my drone from impacts or weather?

Here is a pic of the inside when I had my Mavic Pro Platinum. There are obviously more compartments.
2019-2-9
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2-9 23:37
Here is a pic of the inside when I had my Mavic Pro Platinum. There are obviously more compartments.
[view_image]

Nice! Im going to start looking at getting one for my aircraft.
2019-2-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-10 00:12
Nice! Im going to start looking at getting one for my aircraft.

I bought mine from Amazon but as you live in the US you should be able to order from their website. DJI also sell their larger 10L sling via their online store too.
2019-2-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

M2 on its own Combo or National Geographic, M2, MavAir and DSLR 3 x lens and all the bits Polar Pro rugged which I also use for P4Pro .
I have to say that unless I’m out for the day I usually use combo bags, the quality of Combo bags is exceptional I have the orignal Mavic Pro bag almost 2 1/2 years and it’s still perfect.

2019-2-10
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One of these -
https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-air-carrying-case

One of these-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/113027036119?chn=ps

With both in one of these -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013 ... id=pla-350439441338
2019-2-10
Use props
Edward Smith's Replacement
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1837444 ft
United States

this is what I use:
https://www.ultimaxxusa.com/prod ... se-for-mavic-air-2/
2019-2-10
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-9 18:39
You could have just said bags are good for 90% of environments. Your like the increasingly verbose meme.

you know on 2nd thought, the camera requires safe keeping as in desiccants stowage air locked.
and that's due to the materials and precision mechanics

whats a meme?
2019-2-10
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Fstop Labs hard case.
2019-2-10
Use props
Scotty Shep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136168 ft
Finland

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Qkurt-W ... hard+case&psc=1

2019-2-11
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

i use the Lowepro DroneGuard 250, GREAt bag at a GREAT price (100€). Hard shell exterior, pouch for props and cables, fits 4 batteries, secures the M2P perfectly and as a bonus, fits my iPad Pro 12.9" and my iPhone X plus some snacks. perfect for long trekking journeys. IMO hard Cases are very uncomfortable unless you drive to location.

Lowepro.jpg
Lowepro2.jpg.png
Lowepro3.jpg.png.jpg
2019-2-11
Use props
dronespilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the original bag that came with the fly more kit for my Mavic 2 Pro.
2019-2-13
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use a swiss gear zinc messenger camera bag to put the drone plus batts and controller as it fits around my DSLR and lenses I normally put this inside a holdall so it can be carry on luggage, I then put M2P bag in my case as its easy to carry about whilst out and about, I also put all the charger equipment etc in there. At airport security all my gear is one bag Ipad, camera and batteries so it makes it easier for me. If just out and about I use the camera bag most of the time unless Im not taking the DLSR.
If im holidaying in the UK or where I take my car I take the MA the M2P and sometime the P3P as I never know when I might pass a beauty spot!

(I did lug the M2P all the way up 3000FT of a volcano on St Kitts and Nevis along with my DSLR in the hope of getting some awesome pictures, only to find whilst it was bloody hard work climbing up (not the mountain walk I was expecting!) I got all the way to the top and the clouds had formed so I all I really needed was to take a picture of the UK sky!

The MA has a cool little carry case which can be put in a rucksack which is handy as most rucksacks have pletny of pockets for spare batteries and the controller.

I still yet to find a perfct bag that as good as a hard case but at the same time I dont really want to advertise what im carrying about in a foregin country either so low key is best and the swiss gear bag doest look to camera bag ish!

Hard cases are the best and most easily laid out but a pain to carry about all day compared to a backpack
2019-2-13
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

Lol. Sorry. I use my 45 year old retired padded camera bag. Everything fits just perfectly.
2019-2-13
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

In regards to the mavic Air, never understand why people use those huge hard cases when the best thing about the Air is the diminutive size, if you use one of these, why not just buy a Pro or Phantom? They are afterall better drones, but huge!
2019-2-13
Use props
J AV10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31686 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-10 02:45
M2 on its own Combo or National Geographic, M2, MavAir and DSLR 3 x lens and all the bits Polar Pro rugged which I also use for P4Pro .
I have to say that unless I’m out for the day I usually use combo bags, the quality of Combo bags is exceptional I have the orignal Mavic Pro bag almost 2 1/2 years and it’s still perfect.

Sweet setup, looks like something I will need this summer.
2019-2-13
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

If it involves air travel I use the fly more combo bag. Any other time, one of these https://www.amazon.com/Freewell- ... =case+for+mavic+air
2019-2-14
Use props
ParideM
Captain
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I use Lowepro - Flipside Trek BP 450 AW for hiking, pgytech CARRING CASE MINI (for M2p) or original Mavic Air mini case (Mavic Air)  for other situations.

2019-2-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

My MAVIC PRO setup. MY ZOOM setup
2019-2-14
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
United States

electro=mechanical protective transit

here's mine planted in pantene box for up mountain tossing when falling down from slipperiness ridge trailthe stirrips in each leg is breadbag tied to pantene floor penetrates
this is as light as it gets for protect and ease.
when falling from slipping on muddy trail i toss the box aside into shrubberies
i planned on clearcoating acylic (matrix fiberous reinforce) but that makes it noisier due to resilience (lots of timid game) since cardboard softens in humid prolong
i gotta search pic in forum posted already, stndby
https://forum.dji.com/thread-177483-1-1.html
2019-2-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules