timelapse files to laptop from card
2613 11 2019-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David Carver
lvl.1
United States

HI,

I have an OSMO Pocket. and I want to transfer a timelapse video from the memory card to a folder on my laptop without going through ICLOUD.

I took the card from my Osmo with the timelaps video on it and put in my a card reader.
I attached my card reader to my laptop, (Windows 10)
My laptop sees the files on the card
I moved the folder that has the folder with the timelapse images to an folder on an external drive connected to my laptop

My problem is that the folder contains the indiviual files that make up the timelapse.

I can view the timelapse from my pocket or the in the mimo app.

but i don't know how to view the, 'Stiched' timelapse on a video viewer on my laptop?

I know i'm an idiot here but the help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Dave
2019-2-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding that, I suggest you try to transfer your time-lapse footage via connecting Osmo Pocket to your computer. When the Osmo Pocket is powered off, or the Osmo Pocket is powered on without the Smart Phone Adaptor mounted or with the Smart Phone Adapter mounted in reverse, connect the Type-C cable to the bottom of the handle and connect the other side of the cable to the PC’s USB port. After connecting, If the Osmo Pocket is powered off, power it on again. When the PC is identified by the Osmo Pocket, “Connect to the computer?” is shown on the screen. Tap “Accept”, and “Computer Connected” is shown. The display goes off and the Status LED will be solid green.  I hope this helps. Thanks.
2019-2-9
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Don't know the file hierarchy on Windows. On a Mac, within the "DCIM" file, there will be a"Media" file. This contains the video.
2019-2-9
Use props
WOLF Eagle
lvl.3
Austria

You can find the timelapse movie inside the video folder. Just look again.
2019-2-9
Use props
David Carver
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-9 14:48
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding that, I suggest you try to transfer your time-lapse footage via connecting Osmo Pocket to your computer. When the Osmo Pocket is powered off, or the Osmo Pocket is powered on without the Smart Phone Adaptor mounted or with the Smart Phone Adapter mounted in reverse, connect the Type-C cable to the bottom of the handle and connect the other side of the cable to the PC’s USB port. After connecting, If the Osmo Pocket is powered off, power it on again. When the PC is identified by the Osmo Pocket, “Connect to the computer?” is shown on the screen. Tap “Accept”, and “Computer Connected” is shown. The display goes off and the Status LED will be solid green.  I hope this helps. Thanks.

HI Natalia,

I did that and while I do see the file folder with the individual images that make up the time-lapse but not the stitched together video.

2019-2-9
Use props
David Carver
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-9 14:48
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding that, I suggest you try to transfer your time-lapse footage via connecting Osmo Pocket to your computer. When the Osmo Pocket is powered off, or the Osmo Pocket is powered on without the Smart Phone Adaptor mounted or with the Smart Phone Adapter mounted in reverse, connect the Type-C cable to the bottom of the handle and connect the other side of the cable to the PC’s USB port. After connecting, If the Osmo Pocket is powered off, power it on again. When the PC is identified by the Osmo Pocket, “Connect to the computer?” is shown on the screen. Tap “Accept”, and “Computer Connected” is shown. The display goes off and the Status LED will be solid green.  I hope this helps. Thanks.

Snips From my OSMO Memory Card.pdf (434.29 KB, Down times: 5)
2019-2-9
Use props
WOLF Eagle
lvl.3
Austria

WOLF Eagle Posted at 2-9 14:57
You can find the timelapse movie inside the video folder. Just look again.

Don't look in the time-lapse folder. It is in the folder where your normal videos are stored.
2019-2-9
Use props
David Carver
lvl.1
United States

Curt1591 Posted at 2-9 14:55
Don't know the file hierarchy on Windows. On a Mac, within the "DCIM" file, there will be a"Media" file. This contains the video.

HI Curt,
Found the folder titled, 'Media', and the .Mov file.
Thanks for the assist.
2019-2-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

David Carver Posted at 2-9 15:31
HI Curt,
Thanks for the assist.

Hi, Awesome! That's good to know you found it. Should you have further question, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2019-2-9
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

David Carver Posted at 2-9 15:31
HI Curt,
Thanks for the assist.

Glad to help
2019-2-9
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
United States

The timelapse video saved is only 1080p, whereas the individual frames are 4K(+). If 1080p is enough for you, you can turn off saving the individual frames in OP. This not only saves space, you also can go down to 2 seconds interval instead of 3.

If you prefer the higher resolution, you will have to render the individual frames into a video via the editing software of your choice (they also need to be slightly cropped or scaled as they are not in a standard size). You will get stuck with 3 seconds minimum interval, and as of writing there is no way to stop saving the 1080p video.
2019-2-9
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Love the individual images. I hope that DJI will update to facilitate <3 second intervals.

2019-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules