Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Focus Remote Controller and Inspire 2 with X5S
4658 18 2019-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roland Dehli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1403786 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Is anybody using this setup ? And if yes , is it working well for film ?
Thanx

2019-2-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Do you mean this set up? Yes, it works just fine, much better than Cendence's build-in focusing knob. Is it good for film? Well, I don't know how good film maker are you , but with specific lenses it may provide desired effects smoothly and reliably.

medium_121fdbe6-2c27-470d-b421-96a928d327e7.jpg
2019-2-10
Use props
Roland Dehli
lvl.1
  • >>>
Denmark

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-10 00:44
Do you mean this set up? Yes, it works just fine, much better than Cendence's build-in focusing knob. Is it good for film? Well, I don't know how good film maker are you , but with specific lenses it may provide desired effects smoothly and reliably.[Image]

Tanks M

But no its not that setup i was talking about, its the wireless setup, so that the focuspuller can pull focus just like with the Arri wcu-4
2019-2-10
Use props
Roland Dehli
lvl.1
  • >>>
Denmark

Its this unit ☝️
AB2DD35C-23EE-438A-9C31-9CD6E5DE5AD6.jpeg
2019-2-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Roland Dehli, we do appreciate your interest in our products. DJI Focus is fully compatible with the Zenmuse X5 series gimbal and camera but not with Zenmuse X5S. DJI Focus is compatible with OSMO Pro/RAW and  Inspire 1. To allow communication between the two devices, connect the communication port on the Focus remote controller to the CAN Bus port of Inspire 1 remote controller using the dedicated CAN Bus cable. You will be needing DJI Focus Handwheel 2 for your Inspire 2. If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks for your support.
2019-2-10
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Roland Dehli Posted at 2-10 01:43
Tanks M

But no its not that setup i was talking about, its the wireless setup, so that the focuspuller can pull focus just like with the Arri wcu-4

Please read DJI Paladin's response ...
2019-2-10
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-10 14:41
Hi Roland Dehli, we do appreciate your interest in our products. DJI Focus is fully compatible with the Zenmuse X5 series gimbal and camera but not with Zenmuse X5S. DJI Focus is compatible with OSMO Pro/RAW and  Inspire 1. To allow communication between the two devices, connect the communication port on the Focus remote controller to the CAN Bus port of Inspire 1 remote controller using the dedicated CAN Bus cable. You will be needing DJI Focus Handwheel 2 for your Inspire 2. If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks for your support.

this is false information , for me the original dji focus works when tethered with the right cable with
inspire 1 , inspire 2 , x5r , x5s and x7

2019-2-11
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

yes it works ... does it work good as a wcu ? ... not really as the focus pulling depends on the
lens internal stepper motors of the auto focus ...

read my reply to the admin above ... it´s working only tethered
2019-2-11
Use props
Roland Dehli
lvl.1
  • >>>
Denmark

Flo the Pirate Posted at 2-11 23:26
yes it works ... does it work good as a wcu ? ... not really as the focus pulling depends on the
lens internal stepper motors of the auto focus ...

Thanks Flo

The ide was to give the focuspuller the same work setup as the wcu-4. I know there is a big diff from pulling with the "real" film lenses and the ones on the inspire.
2019-2-13
Use props
Acer8m
New

Sweden

Flo the Pirate Posted at 2019-2-11 23:22
this is false information , for me the original dji focus works when tethered with the right cable with
inspire 1 , inspire 2 , x5r , x5s and x7

Hello Flo the Pirate!

Do you know wich cable that is? Do you have a url?
I bought the CAN cable but that only fits the i1 controller.

Best regards!
2020-2-24
Use props
Acer8m
New

Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 2019-2-10 14:41
Hi Roland Dehli, we do appreciate your interest in our products. DJI Focus is fully compatible with the Zenmuse X5 series gimbal and camera but not with Zenmuse X5S. DJI Focus is compatible with OSMO Pro/RAW and  Inspire 1. To allow communication between the two devices, connect the communication port on the Focus remote controller to the CAN Bus port of Inspire 1 remote controller using the dedicated CAN Bus cable. You will be needing DJI Focus Handwheel 2 for your Inspire 2. If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks for your support.

Hello DJI Paladin

I'm confused.
Do you mean that this setup, thats right now is up on your website when I click on the X5s, doesn't work?
We bought the X5s mainly for this reason.  

2020-2-24
Use props
FVP
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

No it doesn'work well. You need Handwheel2 but even with it, it's not pro...
2020-2-26
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Roland Dehli Posted at 2019-2-13 04:37
Thanks Flo

The ide was to give the focuspuller the same work setup as the wcu-4. I know there is a big diff from pulling with the "real" film lenses and the ones on the inspire.

I think it´s better than nothing - it makes most sense with x7 bigger sensor shot wide open
2020-3-11
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Acer8m Posted at 2-24 04:56
Hello Flo the Pirate!

Do you know wich cable that is? Do you have a url?

can´t find it on the dji web but one like this : https://droneparts.de/dji-inspir ... x2Eh-BoCauYQAvD_BwE
2020-3-11
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

FVP Posted at 2-26 08:14
No it doesn'work well. You need Handwheel2 but even with it, it's not pro...

did you use both ? I still have my dji focus from inspire 1 times and I had the feeling it works the same good or bad with inspire2 . Alot depending on the lens you use with it - whats the 50mm on x7 for me mostly.

why would you say it´s better ?

... also I like to use the focus to change iris quickly on the run

2020-3-11
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Any dji focus pull device is useless with a Inspire 1 or Inspire 2.
I have it laying around unused on the shell for a loooong time.

- You will never be able to make a smooth pull due of the internal stepping motos of the X5,X5S and X7 lenses
- Every pull will be different. Even if you set end points or mark them. The Micro 4/3 and X7 lenses are just not accurate enough. So you would need to pull by looking at the image, but then there is to much delay in the image transmission plus stepping motors in the lenses.
- How often do you actually pull focus on a drone? The X7 lenses are best between f5.6 and f8 anyway.
- Pulling the aperture would be awesome for shots with harsh changes in light. But due of the stepped motors you will never be able to get a decent, smooth pull

So hope for a future dji camera and drone which can actually handle smooth pulls.
The I2 with X7  is great bird. We use ours since over 3 years for many jobs. But as of now its the wrong tool if you got a job where pulling focus or aperture is required.
2020-3-12
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Coyut Posted at 3-12 07:02
Any dji focus pull device is useless with a Inspire 1 or Inspire 2.
I have it laying around unused on the shell for a loooong time.

Long time ago I have come to a conclusion that what may or may not work reliably with particular DJI setup is always a game. In my case - for example - DJI Focus Handwheel 2 works perfectly fine and smoothly with X5, X5R and X5S gimbal, with Osmo or Cendence RC, with Inspire 2 and Matrice 200, and - finally - with all lenses equipped with motorized focusing, officially or not compatible. I wasn't able to get smooth zooming with Olympus pancake lens, but that's another story. Still looking for co-operating zoom lens to get that vertigo effect ...
2020-3-15
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 3-15 11:05
Long time ago I have come to a conclusion that what may or may not work reliably with particular DJI setup is always a game. In my case - for example - DJI Focus Handwheel 2 works perfectly fine and smoothly with X5, X5R and X5S gimbal, with Osmo or Cendence RC, with Inspire 2 and Matrice 200, and - finally - with all lenses equipped with motorized focusing, officially or not compatible. I wasn't able to get smooth zooming with Olympus pancake lens, but that's another story. Still looking for co-operating zoom lens to get that vertigo effect ...

It can't work smoothly in the first place as I1 and I2 use photo style lenses.
Might work for you but for professional usage unusable.

Hopefully they change to better motorized lenses or even better external pulling motors on the next "I"
2020-3-17
Use props
robertmanningjr
lvl.2
United States

I have the DJI Focus 1 and use it on my Inspire 1 RAW.  It works like butter.  The pulls are smooth and a lifesaver because I never have to worry about focus problems when I get to the edit.  It does make a difference even on a M43 system.
2020-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules