Pelican case for the Osmo Pocket?
1785 5 2019-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drkatherine1
lvl.2
United States

Has anyone seen a Pelican case for the Osmo Pocket and acessories or something similar that is waterproof.  I live on a boat and anything like this has to have a Pelican case or similar. I have tried searching but nothing comes up.  I am so tired of seeing cases advertised as waterproof yet it has a zipper....go figure. Thank you.
2019-2-9
Use props
SimonMScott
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This is the closest thing to suit I've found so far:

HPRC OSMO POCKET HARD CASE
2019-2-10
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sealine makes all sorts of "dry" bags/containers for life near (or in) the water.  While not Pocket-specific you may still find the benefit you desire.  I've found those pelican cases to be bulky and overbuilt for something like a phone or Pocket.  Getting into them is like cracking a safe, too!  I use a separate Sealine dry bag for my phone, a trekking GPS mapping service device, and id&car keys.  Do a web search for Sealine gear ( I think sealinegear.com is direct to the company website ).  FWIW those waterproof "zippers" are really effective when designed to be .... waterproof.  Mine have taken unintended swims (whilst kayaking) and all contents saying high and dry.  With the added advantage of being light weight containers, full of air, they also float :-)  Check out the Seal Pak Hip Pack as one option.  Another might be the "Bulkhead View Dry Bag.
2019-2-10
Use props
drkatherine1
lvl.2
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2-10 08:26
Sealine makes all sorts of "dry" bags/containers for life near (or in) the water.  While not Pocket-specific you may still find the benefit you desire.  I've found those pelican cases to be bulky and overbuilt for something like a phone or Pocket.  Getting into them is like cracking a safe, too!  I use a separate Sealine dry bag for my phone, a trekking GPS mapping service device, and id&car keys.  Do a web search for Sealine gear ( I think sealinegear.com is direct to the company website ).  FWIW those waterproof "zippers" are really effective when designed to be .... waterproof.  Mine have taken unintended swims (whilst kayaking) and all contents saying high and dry.  With the added advantage of being light weight containers, full of air, they also float :-)  Check out the Seal Pak Hip Pack as one option.  Another might be the "Bulkhead View Dry Bag.

Thank you for your suggestion.  We need waterproof Pelican or similar for storage on the boat.  Yes, they are bulky but we don't have to worry about mold, getting banged around when out on the water and the Osmo is not in use, and they are easy to stow away.  I have a couple of dry bags but they are used for other purposes.  I will keep looking.
2019-2-10
Use props
drkatherine1
lvl.2
United States

SimonMScott Posted at 2-10 05:35
This is the closest thing to suit I've found so far:

HPRC OSMO POCKET HARD CASE

Unfortunately, not big enough.  I need one that has the option for many of the accessories.
2019-2-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day drkatherine1. Thank you for choosing DJI and for the inquiry. I hope you'll get the best recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers on what case they are using for there DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules