Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Spark v Mavic Air - Comparison Flying Low ...
768 16 2019-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Si_Co
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22936 ft
Australia

http://www.youtube.com/user/homecedo
2019-2-10
Use props
Warriewoodlad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Thanks for that.

I keep thinking that, if I want an updated Spark, the Mavic Air is my only choice. If I want a step up in performance, the Air is not really a full step up, so a full fledged Mavic. Quiter too.
2019-2-10
Use props
Si_Co
lvl.4
Australia

Warriewoodlad Posted at 2-10 00:25
Thanks for that.

I keep thinking that, if I want an updated Spark, the Mavic Air is my only choice. If I want a step up in performance, the Air is not really a full step up, so a full fledged Mavic. Quiter too.

Warriewoodlad, that was my 1st flight, and it was rushed.  I did some open flying which was heaps of fun.  I didn’t post that footage.  It is a big step up from the Spark, which I still love by the way.  The Mavic Air is so much steadier and so much faster.  I’m limited at the the moment cos I edit with iMovie.  I can see that I’m gonna have to start using the computer - needs upgrading.  To tell you the truth I wasn’t really too aware of the noise.  I’m pretty excited about my new purchase, to tell you the truth.
2019-2-10
Use props
Si_Co
lvl.4
Australia

Warriewoodlad Posted at 2-10 00:25
Thanks for that.

I keep thinking that, if I want an updated Spark, the Mavic Air is my only choice. If I want a step up in performance, the Air is not really a full step up, so a full fledged Mavic. Quiter too.

Warriewoodlad, that was my 1st flight, and it was rushed.  I did some open flying which was heaps of fun.  I didn’t post that footage.  It is a big step up from the Spark, which I still love by the way.  The Mavic Air is so much steadier and so much faster.  I’m limited at the the moment cos I edit with iMovie.  I can see that I’m gonna have to start using the computer - needs upgrading.  To tell you the truth I wasn’t really too aware of the noise.  I’m pretty excited about my new purchase, to tell you the truth.
2019-2-10
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

To be honest i cant see the difference between the the two shots foward or backwards , mavic or spark , it all looks like the same footage
2019-2-10
Use props
Si_Co
lvl.4
Australia

Proteous Posted at 2-10 02:56
To be honest i cant see the difference between the the two shots foward or backwards , mavic or spark , it all looks like the same footage

Proteous, it’s pretty similar, however, the Spark did a little bit of bobbing, especially on the forwards shot, then did a bit of drifting in the reverse shot.  The Mavic Air was basically as straight as a die.
I do love my Spark and I’ll continue to use it, but I reckon I’m gonna love my new Mavic Air.  It’s so stable and fast.
2019-2-10
Use props
Warriewoodlad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

I'm glad you like it. I must say that I had a hard time deciding between the Air and the Spark.
2019-2-10
Use props
Gator Don
lvl.4
United States

That was fun to watch, thanks
2019-2-10
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Si_Co Posted at 2-10 02:59
Proteous, it’s pretty similar, however, the Spark did a little bit of bobbing, especially on the forwards shot, then did a bit of drifting in the reverse shot.  The Mavic Air was basically as straight as a die.
I do love my Spark and I’ll continue to use it, but I reckon I’m gonna love my new Mavic Air.  It’s so stable and fast.

I did notice the bobbing from the spark. I had the same problem a few weeks back trying to fly through Pinetree’s   Cool video Simon. Thanks for sharing.
2019-2-10
Use props
Si_Co
lvl.4
Australia

Warriewoodlad Posted at 2-10 12:54
I'm glad you like it. I must say that I had a hard time deciding between the Air and the Spark.

Warriewoodlad, I was perfectly contented with the Spark.  I only updated cos an offer too good to pass up came along.  A friend of my son’s wanted to sell his MA cos he wasn’t using it.  He sold it to me for $A600, he could have got $A1000 - $A1200 but he didn’t want the hassle of advertising it.  A no brainer really.  No regrets thus far either.
2019-2-10
Use props
Si_Co
lvl.4
Australia

Warriewoodlad Posted at 2-10 12:54

Warriewoodlad, I was perfectly contented with the Spark.  I only updated cos an offer too good to pass up came along.  A friend of my son’s wanted to sell his MA cos he wasn’t using it.  He sold it to me for $A600, he could have got $A1000 - $A1200 but he didn’t want the hassle of advertising it.  A no brainer really.  No regrets thus far either.
2019-2-10
Use props
Si_Co
lvl.4
Australia

Gator Don Posted at 2-10 19:03
That was fun to watch, thanks

Glad you liked it Gator Don.  I do prefer the low, close to the ground and water, in amongst obstacles type footage.  
2019-2-10
Use props
Si_Co
lvl.4
Australia

Sayhelloforme Posted at 2-10 19:27
I did notice the bobbing from the spark. I had the same problem a few weeks back trying to fly through Pinetree’s   Cool video Simon. Thanks for sharing.

Did you also notice how the Spark drifted to the left in the 1st reversing shot, Sayhelloforme?  Whereas the Mavic Air didn’t deviate at all, like it was on rails.
2019-2-10
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
United States

Si_Co Posted at 2-10 22:04
Did you also notice how the Spark drifted to the left in the 1st reversing shot, Sayhelloforme?  Whereas the Mavic Air didn’t deviate at all, like it was on rails.

Yes I did. Not sure how many satellites you had when flying the spark but should have been the same. I think the Mavic is better flying. Just like my p3p. Do you think wind could be a factor ? The Mavic is heavier.
2019-2-11
Use props
Si_Co
lvl.4
Australia

Sayhelloforme Posted at 2-11 19:38
Yes I did. Not sure how many satellites you had when flying the spark but should have been the same. I think the Mavic is better flying. Just like my p3p. Do you think wind could be a factor ? The Mavic is heavier.

Sayhelloforme, the Mavic Air is 430g and the Spark is 300g.  I’m not sure if that’d make a difference.
2019-2-11
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
United States

Si_Co Posted at 2-11 22:03
Sayhelloforme, the Mavic Air is 430g and the Spark is 300g.  I’m not sure if that’d make a difference.

Good point. I’m not sure either.
2019-2-14
Use props
pmshop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know I know
2019-2-15
Use props
Advanced