Mavic 2 pro Dlog-m noise
1421 4 2019-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mmoci
lvl.1

Croatia

Hi guys,

I recently started with flights on mavic2 pro... I have some experinece in photography but video stuff are more or less new to me.

One of the first things I noticed is DLOG noise. I understand it is a small camera sensor and can't perform like I used to on DLSR but still I expected better performance.

I would like to show some example and hope I hope can hear other experieced opinions on this subject.

Example is in dlog, 1/50 shutter, 4k Full FOV, 25fps, 0,0,0, ISO100.

OK, I can expose a bit more maybe to increase shadows a bit, but when I look at histogram I try to put everything to fit in a range, but performace looks bad to me.

Second video is with some basic corrections. I just add a bit contrast and appy Dlog LUT from DJI page.

Can you please share you opinion?
Is this amount of noise normal? Tips for reducing noise when shooting and after in editing?

Thanks.

2019-2-10
Use props
PWidmayer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 558268 ft
United States

You have a better eye than I do. I didn't see any noise. I had a problem when I 1st started. It was determined that my cell phone I used was not fast enough to process video. Is this video directly off of the MP2 or from your device? The video on device is not the full 4k version.

My page
2019-2-10
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

It does not look so much like noise to me, but rather the video to be out of focus, not perfectly sharp. Motion artifacts?
2019-2-10
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Looks like motion blur, what FPS were you recording at at what ISO?
2019-2-11
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Ahhh didnt see the bottom of your last post, you have correct settings to show motion blur , twice the shutter speed of the frame rate. I would increase the shutter speed by quite a bit for the same location and see if it disapears.
2019-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules