Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fly away?
1756 54 2019-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ajf3103
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 2-10 23:44
Hi,

Had a look at your flight too, and read all the postings.
[Image]

Thank you for your advice. I shall have a search of around the orange marking area before heading back to where find my drone believes it to be
2019-2-11
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ive had a good look around and its definatly not in the location find my drone is suggesting. I really hope dji look into this and send out a new one as this is not my fault. Absolutely devastated
2019-2-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ajf3103 Posted at 2-11 03:12
Ive had a good look around and its definatly not in the location find my drone is suggesting. I really hope dji look into this and send out a new one as this is not my fault. Absolutely devastated

sad story like this, but if your Spark has landed beween houses ect, do you think that people will leave the drone there waiting for the owner to show ?  

If its landed in the top of a tree, hard to locate that way.

It happend all too fast, only about 9 seconds in ATTI where it was still possible to yaw craft back home and push forward flying.
But 9 seconds is so short time to understand what is happening and react the right way.

Hope you will find your Spark. (did it have a sticker on it with your mobile number?)

cheers
JJB
2019-2-11
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 2-11 04:17
sad story like this, but if your Spark has landed beween houses ect, do you think that people will leave the drone there waiting for the owner to show ?  

i very much doubt it no.

I lost total control of it. it went out of sight and there was no picture on my mobile to give me an indication of where it was.

there was no sticker attached to it no.

ive been looking through the forum and from what i understand dji dont like to send out new drones...is this the case? i have opened a case with them this morning but i have no faith if i am honest.
2019-2-11
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 2-11 04:17

from your understanding based on flight records have i done anything wrong here?
2019-2-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

ajf3103 Posted at 2-11 04:30
i very much doubt it no.

I lost total control of it. it went out of sight and there was no picture on my mobile to give me an indication of where it was.

I do not have any experience with DJI regarding replacements, complaints etc.
Hope DJI will help you out.

Sometimes only the video link is broken, so no picture on the screen.
But the telemetry data is still available, so the litttle compass is working wich is the only help to bring the craft back, even when not in LOS.

Having said that i know its extremely hard to react in a good way in 9 seconds to steer it back home.

cheers
JJB
2019-2-11
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 2-11 04:37
I do not have any experience with DJI regarding replacements, complaints etc.
Hope DJI will help you out.

thanks for your help
2019-2-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

ajf3103 Posted at 2-11 04:32
from your understanding based on flight records have i done anything wrong here?

well, imo flying without a controller is not my piece of cake.
In the flight log no 'stick' movements are recorded, as you use just a mobile device.

It looks like a typical SPARK sequence of error(s), start with a yaw error, ends into ATTI mode.

cheers
JJB
2019-2-11
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 2-11 04:49
well, imo flying without a controller is not my piece of cake.
In the flight log no 'stick' movements are recorded, as you use just a mobile device.

i did have my remote control connected. but i lost eye contact and didnt have a clue what direction it flew in so i didnt try to control it in anyway out of fear of flying it in the wrong direction. i relied on RTH button which obviously didnt work. based on you saying this im assuming they are going to say to me you didnt do enough to bring it back to you (no movemonet of joysticks) so its your fault...
2019-2-11
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Another hard lesson learned.  People should read threads like this one before they fly.  Good luck with DJI, hope they will replace for you.  The drone is not a toy, it needs to be handled with respect, knowledge and safety.
2019-2-12
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

BTW.... I like the neighborhood.
2019-2-12
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

Northwood Posted at 2-12 10:03
Another hard lesson learned.  People should read threads like this one before they fly.  Good luck with DJI, hope they will replace for you.  The drone is not a toy, it needs to be handled with respect, knowledge and safety.

I disagree.... Drone mostly is a toy... expensive one but still a toy... usually for big boys.
And there are like 20$ drones that are still toys, just not that expensive.
I do agree they need to be handled with knowledge an safety in mind, but respect.... c'mon, I bought that darn thing, not vice versa.
2019-2-12
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi All,

UPDATE:

I received a response from DJI and after no fault of my own, they will be replacing my Spark for me.

I am over the moon to say the least.

Thank you all for helping along the way.

Regards
2019-2-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good news for you, and for DJI ofcourse keeping the SPARK buyers happy!!

Many happy landings with your replacement SPARK.

cheers
JJB
2019-2-17
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 2-17 02:10
Good news for you, and for DJI ofcourse keeping the SPARK buyers happy!!

Many happy landings with your replacement SPARK.

Thank you jjb
2019-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules