Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Colour temperature error
2333 11 2019-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

Dji please check this out i think the programing in your software regarding color temp is in reverse ,the closer you go to 32k it should get warmer not colder 56k is white light, here are sceen shots Screenshot_20190210-141604.jpg Screenshot_20190210-141613.jpg Screenshot_20190210-141625.jpg
2019-2-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Proteous. Thank you for the inquiry. Upon checking the color temperature of the DJI Spark. The closer you go to 32k it should go colder not hotter compared to 56k in white light. For reference I will be posting a link where in you can see the white balance settings. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/guides/7-c ... ost-beginners-make/

2019-2-10
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Barbados

Uh I dont know where you all came up with that idea but it the world i know this is the rule

2019-2-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for the additional information and the chart you have shared with us today. I will forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said product. Thank you.
2019-2-10
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Barbados

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-10 16:00
Thank you for the additional information and the chart you have shared with us today. I will forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said product. Thank you.

Your most welcome
2019-2-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

It is my pleasure Proteous. I have already forwarded this thread to our DJI R&D Team. Once I have there reply I will send you a message on there reply. Thank you for your patience and support.
2019-2-10
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

Whoa that may correct scientifically a digital cameras White Balance the lower the number the colder the image!!! hands down has been that way since the the start of photography!! SO PLEASE DONT SPREAD FALSE INFORMATION
laymans terms
your image is to blue looking? raise the White Balance....
your image is to warm looking (yellow, ornage color)? Turn the White Balance down
i really can't believe this sh*t....
2019-2-10
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Barbados

Strobing_NYC Posted at 2-10 16:28
Whoa that may correct scientifically a digital cameras White Balance the lower the number the colder the image!!! hands down has been that way since the the start of photography!! SO PLEASE DONT SPREAD FALSE INFORMATION
laymans terms

your image is to warm looking (yellow, ornage color)? Turn the White Balance down

I dont mean to be rude but the above statement is equal to the involuntarily emissions emanating from the back of my horse

White balance is a setting on your camera which is used to control how colors are captured in different types of light. ... Color temperatures range from cool (blue tint) to warm (orange tint). Using the right white balance setting will eliminate unwanted color casts that can ruin your image and make it appear unnatural
2019-2-10
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Proteous Posted at 2-10 16:57

Hi Proteus,

I'm not a photographic pro, so please take this with a grain of salt.

I think you are mixing the colour temperature of a light source with the colour temperature setting of a camera.
In your 2nd picture you set the Sparks camera to 2800K. But the light came from outside, bright daylight. The sun gives us very high colour temperatures, that's why the picture looks  blueish.
So you need to /raise/ the camera setting to get natural colours.

One needs to set the camera temperature setting to match the light source on order to give neutral colours.

Cheers & HTH,
Wolferl
2019-2-11
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Barbados

Wolferl Posted at 2-11 07:20
Hi Proteus,

I'm not a photographic pro, so please take this with a grain of salt.

Hi Wolfer

I appreciate your input on this ,if im right or wrong is something that i guess will be decided by dji experts i just thought it strange that the control is backward
2019-2-11
Use props
Micato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

Proteous, you mixed directions. Daylight is colder (blue ish) regarding 3200K standard wolfram bulb from last century, so photos that you have posted are correct.

Just to say I work with cameras in studio on national television.
2019-2-11
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Barbados

Micato Posted at 2-11 10:13
Proteous, you mixed directions. Daylight is colder (blue ish) regarding 3200K standard wolfram bulb from last century, so photos that you have posted are correct.

Just to say I work with cameras in studio on national television.

Ok thanks for your input
2019-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules