Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

jpap Posted at 6-17 05:21
With all due respect, I disagree with your statement.

If there is something wrong and the drone is lost, DJI will ask log files. Had I using Litchi, DJI would not be able to read/use Litchi's log files. Hence, DJI will be able to reject warranty claims.

You can disagree with my statement but it is fact and it’s clearly pointed out in your warranty , maybe you can show just one case dji refused to offer warranty because someone was using third party app or for that matter just one case where app directly caused a flyaway or crash .

With regards to waypoints 2 I do believe it will improve with time, in the same way Active Track, POI , OA , and all other auto modes have, I also believe no matter what dji do third party apps who specialize will always be better and this is true of a lot of tech these days .
2019-6-17
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

jpap Posted at 6-17 05:21
With all due respect, I disagree with your statement.

If there is something wrong and the drone is lost, DJI will ask log files. Had I using Litchi, DJI would not be able to read/use Litchi's log files. Hence, DJI will be able to reject warranty claims.

You are absolutely correct. Moreover, moderators here themselves specifically state what you said. This chump is somehow trying to “shift the burden” on you to prove a negative for a fault that DJI made in their code.
He then says, “I believe it will improve”. Well, 9 months later- it hasn’t. Finally, the kicker: the problem actually exists within Litchi as well. They acknowledge this to be an issue in the DJI code that they ported over to the SDK.

2019-6-17
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

Here:
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/can-someone-figure-out-why-mavic-2-waypoint-pans-are-aways-jerky.67536/

It happens in Litchi as well. A known flaw that DJI hasn’t fixed in 9 months independent of using Waypoints 2.0 or Litchi.
2019-6-17
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

hallmark007 Posted at 6-17 06:12
You can disagree with my statement but it is fact and it’s clearly pointed out in your warranty , maybe you can show just one case dji refused to offer warranty because someone was using third party app or for that matter just one case where app directly caused a flyaway or crash .

With regards to waypoints 2 I do believe it will improve with time, in the same way Active Track, POI , OA , and all other auto modes have, I also believe no matter what dji do third party apps who specialize will always be better and this is true of a lot of tech these days .

Maybe you could show just one case where DJI support teams actually used Litchi's log and provided support to the drone pilot.
It would be really informative.

Meanwhile, let's stay to the topic.

The Waypoints 2.0 has major flaws and all this delay in getting the feature working properly  is unexplainable.
2019-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jpap Posted at 6-17 10:52
Maybe you could show just one case where DJI support teams actually used Litchi's log and provided support to the drone pilot.
It would be really informative.

Nobody is saying it doesn’t have faults, I’m not sure where you think I said this, but waypoints 1 was useless and although waypoints 2 is a much better layout , has many problems probably the biggest is not being able to set missions without craft on and also if you have app crash and have to reload go4 you lose all saved missions.
For €20 I am more than happy using Litchi app.
2019-6-17
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-17 11:36
Nobody is saying it doesn’t have faults, I’m not sure where you think I said this, but waypoints 1 was useless and although waypoints 2 is a much better layout , has many problems probably the biggest is not being able to set missions without craft on and also if you have app crash and have to reload go4 you lose all saved missions.
For €20 I am more than happy using Litchi app.

Irrelevant to the thread.
2019-6-17
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

DuneBuggy Posted at 6-17 12:21
Irrelevant to the thread.

Oh don't worry, this troll will just continue to pile it on with mindless drivel.

Sadly, during my most recent test flight using latest DJI GO 4 app on iOS, or Litchi, with all new firmware on M2P, WP2 is still a jerky mess...

I remember being able to do buttery-smooth missions on my old MA, despite it's other flagrant issues that never got fixed.

It's disheartening, as the M2P is actually the BEST drone I have ever flown, and this WP2 issue is an ugly stain on an otherwise spotless product.
2019-6-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 6-20 16:00
Oh don't worry, this troll will just continue to pile it on with mindless drivel.

Sadly, during my most recent test flight using latest DJI GO 4 app on iOS, or Litchi, with all new firmware on M2P, WP2 is still a jerky mess...

I see you managed to team up with your good friend TommyGA ,again, inseparable I’d say .
Your troll baiting again ...........You seem always to willing to be the whipping boy around here ...... LMAO ........
2019-6-20
Use props
jpap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1780679 ft
Greece

Guys don't fight each other! Let's be civil We are all DJI customers and I believe we all share some common interests in this forum.

I think everybody here agrees that WP 2.0 needs more work and refinement. WP 2.0 in its current state is unusable if you want to take buttery smooth videos.  
It also does not allow for offline mission creation. Very good point mentioned already.

Would it be possible for a DJI support member to take this question and get back to us with an answer as to if/when a firmware update will come to solve these issues?

My biggest fear is that DJI won't do anything to improve WP 2.0.  They have already delivered what they promised, a WP 2.0 system. Whether this new system works good or bad for taking smooth videos, or designing the missions,  this is quite a subjective discussion, and probably not something DJI promised to deliver specifically. Maybe from DJI's perspective WP 2.0 is already good enough.

I hope I'm wrong, and DJI will actually improve WP 2.0 in Mavic 2, but the truth is without their comment on this matter, there is plenty of room for positive/negative speculation.

My 2 cents
2019-6-20
Use props
DuneBuggy
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-20 16:46
I see you managed to team up with your good friend TommyGA ,again, inseparable I’d say .
Your troll baiting again ...........You seem always to willing to be the whipping boy around here ...... LMAO ........
I see you’ve managed to team up with “Celtic Warrior” and “HighKing”. Oh wait. They are you as well! BwaHAHAHA you mindless troll whose sole purpose in life is to defend a Chinese drone manufacturer. You are a “peg boy” in the truest sense.
2019-6-21
Use props
S t e f a n
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4719222 ft
  • >>>
Germany

@DJI
What's next? Will there be an update? What are your results after 9 months? What do the DJI engineers mean?

Clear honest words you owe your customers!
2019-7-2
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 281283 ft
Germany

Well DJI just seem not to care about their customers once they have collected their money. They like to act like Apple, but once it comes to post-sales processes, they can't hide their core attitude...

I don't think they will ever fix the errors in the Waypoint function.

But one thing I learned about DJI is never to believe in any "coming soon..." or announced features or capabilities again ("4K, full sensor readout")... If a DJI product is available and tested and worth the money, I will may be buy it in future... but never again before.  
2019-7-2
Use props
S t e f a n
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4719222 ft
  • >>>
Germany

@DJI Please do not forget this thread. I'll bring it up regularly. Any news?
2019-7-16
Use props
Borocay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've owned Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4, Mavic Pro and now a Mavic 2 Pro.  I've flown Waypoint mode on all of them and none of them ever exhibited the stuttering that the Mavic 2 Pro does when the camera is panning.  I noticed it immediately when I flew my first Waypoint mission.  There is no excuse for releasing a drone classified as the Pro series with that kind of problem.  If DJI doesn't fix the problem then this will be the last drone that I EVER buy from them.  I could have saved myself hundreds of dollars and bought an Evo.  
2019-7-23
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

Borocay Posted at 7-23 18:19
I've owned Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4, Mavic Pro and now a Mavic 2 Pro.  I've flown Waypoint mode on all of them and none of them ever exhibited the stuttering that the Mavic 2 Pro does when the camera is panning.  I noticed it immediately when I flew my first Waypoint mission.  There is no excuse for releasing a drone classified as the Pro series with that kind of problem.  If DJI doesn't fix the problem then this will be the last drone that I EVER buy from them.  I could have saved myself hundreds of dollars and bought an Evo.

The "Flagship" is a lagship.
2019-7-24
Use props
_tajino_
lvl.2
Malaysia

@DJI, any updates on this issue? Will there ever be a fix? Just hope that this issue didn’t get carried over into the coming M3P.
2020-2-13
Use props
djiuser_DiWsuRmA8bBc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30476 ft
  • >>>
United States

So this is something I tried that seemed help.  Set the waypoint to the point of interest, this will get the interpolate number for you, then change it to interpolate instead of poi..  Make sure there are no big jumps to the next waypoint especially if it is close to the previous waypoint.
2020-4-24
Use props
mr.jipi_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 73248 ft
Canada

Any update on this issue ?
2020-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules